Ms DDD 30th

123457»

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    PBo wrote:
    Well, diviiding D by D - or D to the power of 0 - gives 1, not -ve D.
    Your system wouldn't work. As it is, instead of being -ve D he'd be 'The One'. No way!
    Remove the D's and all you have is a chubby middle manager called Laurence.
    Who is scared of mice and can't fettle well.
    LOL

With the amount of abuse he gets (not just from me), its not surprising I've never met him for drinks at the Morpeth.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • cambs
    cambs Posts: 235
    * runs to bathroom to wipe snot off face *

Hmm, the problem with 1/D etc is it still leaves an amount of D-ness. Maybe it should be the square root of negative D - imaginary D.

Oh, and "The Power Winsome" until he recovers his D.

He could probably still out-sprint me though.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689

That's a little mean.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,354
    DonDaddyD wrote:

That's a little mean.

It was a bit wasn't it

Sorry about that
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,391
    DonDaddyD wrote:

That's a little mean.

You could say something similar about most people on here.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DonDaddyD
    I'm not so sure that I am a middle manager in the traditional sense.
    wiki wrote:
    Middle management is a layer of management in an organisation whose primary job responsibility is to monitor activities of subordinates while reporting to upper management.

Yes I manage people. My actual job, which involves Governance (and marketing because I made it do so) is a fundamental part of the organisation, which I have sole responsibility for.

I'm also proud of my career and posittion given that I'm only 29 and have only worked full time for 4.5yrs.

But I am fully aware that the more I protest the more people will keep saying I am.

[haters] queue the you get paid with tax payers money you shouldn't be online wasting my money attacks [/haters]
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    cambs wrote:
    * runs to bathroom to wipe snot off face *

Hmm, the problem with 1/D etc is it still leaves an amount of D-ness. Maybe it should be the square root of negative D - imaginary D.

Oh, and "The Power Winsome" until he recovers his D.

He could probably still out-sprint me though.

So that would be "i root D" would it not...... :shock:
  • PBo
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    Your system wouldn't work. As it is, instead of being -ve D he'd be 'The One'. No way!

Just call him "D to the zero". Problem solved.

Anyway, I'm sure he'll lose another D soon, and then he'll be 1/D, or "D to the -1" :D
  • tailwindhome
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm also proud of my career and posittion given that I'm only 29 and have only worked full time for 4.5yrs

I have to ask

What were you doing until you were 24 and a half?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • PBo
    PBo wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I get that Mrs -ve D

Something's not right EKE. I don't think -ve D is the correct nomenclature.

I think of DDD as D cubed. Every D removed is like dividing by D, or dropping the index by 1. Presumably you got down to D, and he lost another one, so you invoked the -ve?

If he should lose another D, he will become 1/D, then 1/DD etc.

Needed to get that out my system - back as you were......

You could also say D to the -1 and so on... us mathematical types would know of which you talk

D minus cubed? :wink:

Glad I can count on you for understanding some geekness KB.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm also proud of my career and posittion given that I'm only 29 and have only worked full time for 4.5yrs

I have to ask

Sailing the river of circumstance fate had dealt out in this game called life.
    Food Chain number = 4

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I have to ask

A paper round :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • tailwindhome
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I have to ask

Sailing the river of circumstance fate had dealt out in this game called life.

[Chandler Bing] Could that metaphor *be* any more mixed [/Chandler Bing]

It was actually a genuine question.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Let the man have a private life. He said he doesn't want to talk about his time in Broadmore.

Oops.

Seriously though, many people (me included) didn't go the GCSE, A-Level, University, job at 21 route, even if they wanted to.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • DonDaddyD
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Let the man have a private life. He said he doesn't want to talk about his time in Broadmore.

Oops.

Seriously though, many people (me included) didn't go the GCSE, A-Level, University, job at 21 route, even if they wanted to.

Thank you. Quite right. Thank you.

I also don't want to encourage the 'You don't have a classical degree in Humanities from Cambridge. You should be a car mechanic!' Bunch...
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    Jeez it was just a simple question!

Lighten up DDD, it's going to be a long week if you're this wound up on a Monday.
  • DonDaddyD
    Dude, I think I've been exceptionally calm over the past month or so, considering...

Basically I didn't go the traditional education route despite going to Uni. I started my first full time job and subsequently what would become my career at 24.

I'm quite proud of where I am, salary, position, how I got here and what I went through to get here.
    Food Chain number = 4

• wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ...[haters] queue the you get paid with tax payers money you shouldn't be online wasting my money attacks [/haters]

Umm, "cue"- as in coming in on cue, missing your cue or even cue-ball.

Intended to be helpful, not smart-ass, BTW. Sorry if it fails.

Cheers,
    W.
  • tailwindhome
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ...[haters] queue the you get paid with tax payers money you shouldn't be online wasting my money attacks [/haters]

Umm, "cue"- as in coming in on cue, missing your cue or even cue-ball.

Intended to be helpful, not smart-ass, BTW. Sorry if it fails.

Cheers,
    W.

Maybe he wants them/us to stand in line and flame him in a typically British orderly fashion