The Crudcatcher Endomondo Distance Challenge Thread

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well, I'm not likely of turning up in Sweden to annoy you anytime sure, that's for sure!
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    I think this up for a little abuse, by the looks of it!

Indeed it is. There was a chap leading the Endomondo 'most miles in a month' challenge who had completed 2,800 miles in an 8hour cross training session. There's also someone who's now in the lead with 26,815 miles. Can't go into that one at work at the moment, but again, that looks at tad dodgy. (I'm currently 181st :D )
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Also, I notice Bails was Scuba Diving earlier at speeds up to 112kph along that popular scuba diving route the A3400
    Good going there sir :lol:

Ah, I thought it said scuba driving! :lol:

I won't be doing any of that once the actual challenge starts. Although unfortunately I won't be commuting this week, that's 30 miles lost already, I'll have to make it up over the weekend!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87

Indeed it is. There was a chap leading the Endomondo 'most miles in a month' challenge who had completed 2,800 miles in an 8hour cross training session. There's also someone who's now in the lead with 26,815 miles. Can't go into that one at work at the moment, but again, that looks at tad dodgy. (I'm currently 181st :D )

:shock: Are the RAF pilots bombing Libya claiming their trips as exercise?!
    MTB/CX

• WisePranker
    WisePranker Posts: 823

350mph average speed.....sounds reasonable to me :lol::lol:
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Yes I chuckled to myself when I saw some of the stats! Good you can just upload from a Garmin, no need to actually do anything differently!
  • El Capitano
    njee20 wrote:
    Yes I chuckled to myself when I saw some of the stats! Good you can just upload from a Garmin, no need to actually do anything differently!

That's what I do (from a 305 Edge) and I find the stats and route mapping much better on Endomondo than the stuff that came with the Garmin.
  • Right, challenge started this morning. Good luck to everyone. and can someone please break El caps legs so someone else might at least be in with a shot. :lol:

Important note:
    As Endomondo requires you only enter 1 discipline per challenge, this challenge is set to "cycling, sport".
    Make sure your endomondo is set to cycling sport or your distances will not appear.

For anyone who has already recorded a distance as something else, you can go into your workouts and edit it and change the workout type. Your kms will then be applied to the challenge.
  • El Capitano
    Right, challenge started this morning. Good luck to everyone. and can someone please break El caps legs so someone else might at least be in with a shot. :lol:

I only did 500 miles last month... :wink:

Seriously though, I don't think I'll be putting that sort of mileage in this month. I'll be reducing my daily commute back down to around the 20 miles a day mark (rather than the 28-30 that I'd been doing) and looking to build up my speed a bit. I'll also be taking some leave (where I won't be doing the 20 miles a day commute) over Easter. Similarly, I'll be doing more work on the allotment and less riding on weekends during April. I also need to have a few days rest and recouperation prior to HONC.
  • njee20
    I did 11.4 miles this morning, am I winning!? :-)

500 miles is only just over 100 miles a week, surely some folk are doing more than that?
  • njee20 wrote:

500 miles is only just over 100 miles a week, surely some folk are doing more than that?

Probably, I did like 1.5 :lol:
    Curse my short commute!
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    I'll sign up for that, nice bit of fun :D
  • njee20
    Curse my short commute!

You run out of land if you go much further don't you!? ;-)
  • bails87
    njee20 wrote:

Probably, I did like 1.5 :lol:
    Curse my short commute!

And I did nothing. Curse driving from depths of the Black Country! :lol:

I reckon 50-60 miles a week is what I'll average. But there's only one workday in April so far where I need the car, the rest are rideable. So potentially 13 commutes at 30 miles each, plus whatever riding I do at the weekends and evenings....and the 9 days off I've got booked.
    MTB/CX

• El Capitano
    njee20 wrote:

Yes, mine's only 11.25...
  • Anonymous
    Didn't go by bike today, there's a hurricane outside. And I hate riding in strong winds.
  • njee20 wrote:
    Curse my short commute!

You run out of land if you go much further don't you!? ;-)

Funny you say that actually. My office looks out over the cliffs out to sea, so yes, I do :lol:
  • stuart_c-2
    stuart_c-2 Posts: 805
    Right I've signed up for this, although not sure what mileage I'll be doing this month.

But looks like my 1st effort this morning has trumped Njee, 11.53. :lol:
    "I ride to eat"
  • njee20
    Poor form. I'm taking the short route home as well, so it'll only be another 11.4 for me going home! Boo hiss!
  • El Capitano
    Grr...you guys are not helping. I'd pretty much decided to just do the 11 miles each way to work today. And, as I'm not feeling 100%, though this was a good plan.

But now, you've got me plotting a longer route home, just to get on the top of the leader board (for today anyway...).
  • njee20
    If I wasn't racing Sunday I'd certainly take a longer route home, and I'm away for 3 days next week, it's not off to a good start.
  • It's actually blowing a gale outside at the moment, but I feel the urge to go for a ride tonight now. Might try the old railway lines, they are pretty sheltered, should be good for another 25m or so.
  • Anonymous
    25 metres aren't going to do you much good.
    Blowing a gale here too. It was the same yesterday but it calmed down by fukkofski o'clock, so i might head out after work.
    Coed y Brenin tomorrow though :D
  • El Capitano
    It's actually blowing a gale outside at the moment
    Blowing a gale here too. It was the same yesterday

Yesterday I had a 25mph tailwind blasting me to work and a 25mph headwind on the way home.

It's all good training...
  • It's a similar windspeed here now actually, (weathermann says 25-30mph) sadly for me though, it's neither head nor tail wind, it's a sidewind. With added rain just for larfs.
  • Anonymous
    Windy weather totally scuppers my commute. The wind comes from the sea on the way to work, and by evening it usually comes in from the land, so I have a headwind both ways :(

It's getting silly out there now though, roof of the house took some damage last night, and there's random rubbish and pieces of timber all over the garden.
  • njee20
    It's alright here, a bit chilly, but otherwise ok.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    shame we have to have the distance to Cycle to count and there is not Drinking option as i will be testing it out this evening.

could be interesting.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    shame we have to have the distance to Cycle to count and there is not Drinking option as i will be testing it out this evening.

could be interesting.

Fill a camelbak and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Or kill half a dozen pedestrians with a wobbly bike.

Either way it's all good.