The Crudcatcher Endomondo Distance Challenge Thread

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    bails87 wrote:
    I've just looked and you can set seperate privacy levels for the map and the rest of the ride data. So everyone can see that I rode 10 miles on whichever day, but only friends (or maybe just me) can see the map of the route.

This.

I have mine set so only my "friends" can see my maps, everyone else just sees distance, time, speed etc.
    IIRC I think you can even set it so that you are completely blocked from public viewing, and only your friends can see any of your data.

Yep, that's right. You can choose between "everyone", "friends" and "only me" for the map and the data seperately. Like most things, if you're sensible it'll be fine.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Eh figured i'd go ahead and join. I need the motivation somehow!

Although I know I won't do too well since I don't commute or anything.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I've signed up, there's obviously got to be a metric to measure by, but it strikes me time may be better, otherwise faster riders who do more on the road are more likely to win.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I just found out the farmer wants me to drive as it makes me more flexible and is happy to pay my petrol this easter, so I doubt I'm going to get many miles in now.

Oh well, I'll sign up anyway.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    njee20 wrote:
    I've signed up, there's obviously got to be a metric to measure by, but it strikes me time may be better, otherwise faster riders who do more on the road are more likely to win.
    Meh, it's just a bit of fun.
    Ah I wasn't sure if it only worked if you were on the move, never used Endomondo, and had heard it was a GPS application?
    It is, he's pulling your leg.

Why on god's earth would you use Endomondo for gardening? How big is the garden? :shock:
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Someone might have had their Endomondo app workinig whilst they were working on the allotment at the weekend. :wink:

TBH, after an hour and a half of chopping down trees and clearing away brambles, I'd only 'walked' less than a mile. Would have been less of a workout if I'd ridden for that long.
  • bails87
    njee20 wrote:

+ thepositionElCapwillfinish
    MTB/CX

• Anonymous
    Someone might have had their Endomondo app workinig whilst they were working on the allotment at the weekend. :wink:

TBH, after an hour and a half of chopping down trees and clearing away brambles, I'd only 'walked' less than a mile. Would have been less of a workout if I'd ridden for that long.
    Ah, I noticed a lot of short walks coming up on FB :lol:
  • El Capitano

Ah, I noticed a lot of short walks coming up on FB :lol:

I walked the dog a couple of times over the weekend as well, but the GPS receiver on my phone keeps cutting out. Think I'll stick to the Garmin on my bike.
  • El Capitano
    bails87 wrote:
    njee20 wrote:

I'm off work for 11 days in April - it will give you guys a chance to catch up... :wink:
  • bails87
    bails87 wrote:
    njee20 wrote:

I'm off work for 11 days in April - it will give you guys a chance to catch up... :wink:

Me too! Is anyone at work in between the two sets of bank holidays?!
    MTB/CX

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    'twas merely an observation! I do most of my riding on the road, so it suits me anyway :-)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    i think this will be very good for me to see where i get to on a night out.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bails87
    nicklouse wrote:
    Endomondo wrote:
    Nick was out drinking for 17.5 miles in 8 hours
    :lol:
    MTB/CX

• nicklouse wrote:

There are some things that are meant to be forgotten.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse wrote:

There are some things that are meant to be forgotten.

but some times it is good to know that they need to be forgotten.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    Good point about the privacy, changed mine now. Don't want any of you scumbags turning up at my house ;)
  • El Capitano
    You can turn up at my house if you want...MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Meanwhile, which one of you freaks is "no name provided" and has requested to be my friend on Endomondo?
  • Anonymous
    You can turn up at my house if you want...MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Meanwhile, which one of you freaks is "no name provided" and has requested to be my friend on Endomondo?
    That might be me, I dunno. I saw a link to add my facebook friends to Endomondo, but all it gave me was an option to invite people from Facebook to join Endomondo. I got very confused. :lol:
  • Also, I notice Bails was Scuba Diving earlier at speeds up to 112kph along that popular scuba diving route the A3400
    Good going there sir :lol:
  • Anonymous
    awesome! :lol: I think this up for a little abuse, by the looks of it!
  • Anonymous
    I don't recognise most of the people on the crudcatcher challenge :?
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    I don't have the option for scuba diving on my endomondo!

I think I might do some fitness walking tomorrow though.
  • I made sure to use my Profile pic sp at least people have a clue.

I always find it odd seeing forumites "real life" names.
  • Aldo001
    Aldo001 Posts: 251
    I think I just signed up for this...
    I got my Desire today so I have no idea if I did it correctly or if I will even get a GPS signal :lol:

Gonna give it a go tomorrow on my way to school tomorrow hopefully. :p
  • nicklouse
    so can anyone see the route i logged today "Walking"?
  • Anonymous
    Erm, yes Nick, are you sure you set permissions properly?
  • Anonymous
    Ahem, I also see your max speed whilst "walking" was nearly a ton!
  • nicklouse
    yes set it for friends.

i trust you bunch of mad internet freaks.