The Receptionist....

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Has anyone asked the OP if he felt the other guys ball bag smack against his own as they double teamed her from either side?

As a hetro male I don't think I could ride a tandem with another male...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Has anyone asked the OP if he felt the other guys ball bag smack against his own as they double teamed her from either side?

As a hetro male I don't think I could ride a tandem with another male...

Post of the week :lol:

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • That's not immoral - I just wouldn't be happy. Just because sex means something emotionally (in certain situations anyway) doesn't make it an act of morality.

It's a componant of a relationship sure, hence its inclusion in divorce, but it doesn't mean its moral.

Causing other people harm and/or unhappiness is generally considered to be a fairly decent guide to morality (from a humanist viewpoint at least). Any action that has consequences for other people is potentially a moral/immoral act. Sex obviously does have consequences, both physical and emotional so what specifically excludes sex from being "an act of morality"?
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Some stuff...
    See there are things that can be thought but never need to be said out loud. The mechanics of a threesome being one of them. I reckon you need to spend the rest of the day doing the Security Awareness training, or the Diversity thing, or re-hashing your pension options, as punishment.

Same for DD too for bringing to mind the business of an alien set of plums knocking your own. Gruugh.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    So just to make sure we are all on the same page

cecilia.jpg

No No No very bad man, shame, wrong and hell fire, think of the children and hamax, unfaithful worngness! But unhappy perhaps and understanding, seperation opens the door to perhaps and in fairness - might - but if fit and without flaming japanese knob rot then whey-hey and off we go - all red blooded males and all that - string support and let's all go for it

gluten-free-raspberry-tart1.jpg

as for best post ever

DDD wrote:
    it occurs to me that I've slept with more than one woman within a 24hr period. Chances are they've did exactly the same. (None of those girls I would ever make my girlfriend though... that's just dumb... OP I'm looking at you )

A paragon of virtue and semantics
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    That's not immoral - I just wouldn't be happy. Just because sex means something emotionally (in certain situations anyway) doesn't make it an act of morality.

It's a componant of a relationship sure, hence its inclusion in divorce, but it doesn't mean its moral.

Causing other people harm and/or unhappiness is generally considered to be a fairly decent guide to morality (from a humanist viewpoint at least). Any action that has consequences for other people is potentially a moral/immoral act. Sex obviously does have consequences, both physical and emotional so what specifically excludes sex from being "an act of morality"?

Because it's more complicated than that. morality is this big judgement where things are either good or bad - when clearly it's neither.

The hurting someone gets complicated, espcially because it is an act between two people that, in isolation, hurts no-one. It's all the emotional baggae that comes with it, and that's impossible to define. Are swingers immoral? Is their sex a bad thing?

The sex isn't the thing that should be judged - it's the context in which it occurs that should be.
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    Keep it up......all this talk about alien plum bashing, troilism, double ending and team work has brightened up my day! :shock:
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    The sex isn't the thing that should be judged - it's the context in which it occurs that should be.

This

Btw, what a brilliant thread. Its got everything!
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    That's not immoral - I just wouldn't be happy. Just because sex means something emotionally (in certain situations anyway) doesn't make it an act of morality.

Because it's more complicated than that. morality is this big judgement where things are either good or bad - when clearly it's neither.

The hurting someone gets complicated, espcially because it is an act between two people that, in isolation, hurts no-one. It's all the emotional baggae that comes with it, and that's impossible to define. Are swingers immoral? Is their sex a bad thing?

But the act of sex can cause an issue of morality and can therefore be described as moral or immoral, surely? If we're arguing that sex itself is simply an act and it's the surrounding circumstances that affect its morality, then surely the same can be said of just about any act which some would describe as immoral? If that is the case what is morality in isolation?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • That's not immoral - I just wouldn't be happy. Just because sex means something emotionally (in certain situations anyway) doesn't make it an act of morality.

That would be an absolute, objective morality and I'm not arguing for that.

Indeed, sex isn't necessarily immoral I'm not arguing that it is. Relatively few acts are inherently immoral but many acts have a moral component because we have to weigh up the consequences for ourselves and others of action X vs. action not-X. Whacking someone with a D-lock is a priori immoral but it becomes moral if they are about to shoot someone else.

I sort of agree, it's the decision to have the sex that should be judged but it obviously has to be judged in the given context.
  • TuckerUK
    TuckerUK Posts: 369
    :shock:

Why man WHY?

Are you short of SINGLE women in your area?

Eeeek.

If I decide to get frisky with a lady, I like to think that that makes me special to her, and vide versa. I'm rather particular about where I stick my bits, I like ladies to earn the right for that and prove their worthiness, and I like my partners to be similarly discerning.
    "Coming through..."
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    TuckerUK wrote:

Why man WHY?

Eeeek.

If I decide to get frisky with a lady, I like to think that that makes me special to her, and vide versa. I'm rather particular about where I stick my bits, I like ladies to earn the right for that and prove their worthiness, and I like my partners to be similarly discerning.
    You're not the bloke I used to work with then - "Any hole's a goal...".

Carry on.
  • Greg T
    But the act of sex can cause an issue of morality and can therefore be described as moral or immoral, surely? If we're arguing that sex itself is simply an act and it's the surrounding circumstances that affect its morality, then surely the same can be said of just about any act which some would describe as immoral? If that is the case what is morality in isolation?

It's a nuanced argument....

Nork size has got to be taken into consideration - surely.

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    TuckerUK wrote:

Why man WHY?

Eeeek.

Is it cold up there mate!?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • But the act of sex can cause an issue of morality and can therefore be described as moral or immoral, surely? If we're arguing that sex itself is simply an act and it's the surrounding circumstances that affect its morality, then surely the same can be said of just about any act which some would describe as immoral? If that is the case what is morality in isolation?

That's a PhD thesis right there "Nork size and the ontological status of morality"

"...To conclude, in agreement with the writings of David Hume, the only logical conclusion is that, if she's got enormous norks, morality can go f*ck itself!"
  • drays
    drays Posts: 119

I agree :D - was she well fit?
    2014 Planet X Pro Carbon
    2012 Boardman Hybrid Comp
    2010 Boardman Pro Hardtail
    c1994 Raleigh Outland MTB
  • rick_chasey
    [But the act of sex can cause an issue of morality and can therefore be described as moral or immoral, surely? If we're arguing that sex itself is simply an act and it's the surrounding circumstances that affect its morality, then surely the same can be said of just about any act which some would describe as immoral? If that is the case what is morality in isolation?

Bingo!
  • [But the act of sex can cause an issue of morality and can therefore be described as moral or immoral, surely? If we're arguing that sex itself is simply an act and it's the surrounding circumstances that affect its morality, then surely the same can be said of just about any act which some would describe as immoral? If that is the case what is morality in isolation?

Bingo!

Ah! So you're arguing for the non-existence of an objective morality, not a specific exclusion for sex.

That would make more sense.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    [But the act of sex can cause an issue of morality and can therefore be described as moral or immoral, surely? If we're arguing that sex itself is simply an act and it's the surrounding circumstances that affect its morality, then surely the same can be said of just about any act which some would describe as immoral? If that is the case what is morality in isolation?

Bingo!

Ah! So you're arguing for the non-existence of an objective morality, not a specific exclusion for sex.

So morality only exists in the mind of each individual and there is no objective moral judgement that we can make on another person's behaviour?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • I agree with Nick. Sorry, Rick.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • rick_chasey

Bingo!

So morality only exists in the mind of each individual and there is no objective moral judgement that we can make on another person's behaviour?

Guys, guys - this is music to my ears. :D
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    hambones wrote:

<blah blah blah omg I'm great blah>

I have broken her heart as a consequence... such is life

Ohhhhh I sincerely doubt that. :lol:
  • Greg T

Not if you are battered....

Wrecked out of your head on Stella - or preferably leffe (three pnts and you are in fighting order - it's great) - you can poke your moral equivalence book reading up your hoop and stand by.
    Immanuel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable,
    Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table,
    David Hume could out-consume Schopenhauer and Hegel,
    And Wittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as schloshed as Schlegel.
    There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya 'bout the turning of the wrist,
    Socrates himself was permanently pissed...
    John Stuart Mill, of his own free will, with half a pint of shandy was
    particularly ill,

Plato, they say, could stick it away, half a crate of whiskey every day,
    Aristotle, Aristotle was a beggar for the bottle,
    Hobbes was fond of his dram,
    And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart, "I drink therefore I am."
    Yes, Socrates himself is particularly missed;
    A lovely little thinker but a bugger when he's pissed

• CiB wrote:
    Some stuff...
    See there are things that can be thought but never need to be said out loud. The mechanics of a threesome being one of them.

It is really mechanics, or is it really logistics? I have never been able to fathom that one.

Nice to see that despite the OP binning said burd for getting it on with his co-paramour, (rather than binning her because he was not invited to said getting on), the general population here gets counting "one, two, three,... HEY! WAIDAMINNIT! THREE!" and goes apesh!t.

Perhaps some Guinness would ease things along
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • hambones wrote:

Oh - trust you to be the cynic!

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Greg66 wrote:
    hambones wrote:

Ah you boys. Fragility is not the first thing that springs to mind when reading about this receptionist. :lol:
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Greg66 wrote:
    hambones wrote:

Ah you boys. Fragility is not the first thing that springs to mind when reading about this receptionist. :lol:

I don't think its just that receptionist, it seems to be all of the receptionists at that place!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!

• Ah! So you're arguing for the non-existence of an objective morality, not a specific exclusion for sex.

Well, morality certainly doesn't exist independent of the mind/brain. Or if it does then we've not found it yet, maybe the LHC will turn it up :D .

I don't think that means that you can't reasonably make a judgement on other people's behaviour though. Whether unecessary harm/distress was caused/whether the perpetrator would welcome equivalent treatment/whether that would be the action of an ideal agent under no duress etc. are all reasonable frameworks within which to make such a decision. Our perception of morality does seem to have an objective basis in our evolved tendency for cooperation and mutual altruism and our recognition of other people as feeling entities with emotions that are equivalent to ours. So the lack of a completely objective measure for morality (e.g., "that act was 2.73 wrong!") doesn't mean that we're just making it up as we go along, finessing it certainly but hopefully getting closer to the underlying tendencies.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    edited March 2011
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    hambones wrote:

I don't think its just that receptionist, it seems to be all of the receptionists at that place!

Perhaps some japester sprays the receptionist's chair with a pheromone...

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Getting back to nork sizes
    Einstein was born March 14, 1879. He would be 132 if he were alive today.
    Few people remember that the Nobel Prize winner married his cousin, Elsa
    Lowenthal, after his first marriage dissolved in 1919. At the time he stated
    that he was attracted to Elsa because she was so well endowed... He postulated
    that if you are attracted to women with large breasts, the attraction is even
    stronger if there is a DNA connection. This came to be known as Einstein's Theory of Relative Titty