Ibis Mojo HD

Comments

• Xgreygoose
    Xgreygoose Posts: 371
    Looking very nice but I think you need more green bits to match your lovely pedals.
    Still ,I'm a big fan. 8)
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
    Cannondale Flash Ultimate 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2009
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    Looking very nice but I think you need more green bits to match your lovely pedals.
    Still ,I'm a big fan. 8)

thanks john :D im recovering funds for abit, then she'll be green bolted out and tricked out 8) ive got a long list of little things to change, so im on the look out for green bolts for the stem, brakes and the shock mounts and pivot bolts, or maybe just plain old ti, but green bolts is the next place to go i think, along with green jockey wheels, green stickers for the forks, then i think that'll be about it :lol:
  • Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    Just popped by and saw this lawman.

Fcuking Beautiful. Well Done and Enjoy! :D
  • lawman
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    Just popped by and saw this lawman.

Fcuking Beautiful. Well Done and Enjoy! :D

cheers mate :D hows your fleet of bikes these days?? :lol:
  • lawman
    weekend at dalby completed, so here goes the review :lol:

the biggest difference over my previous bikes was definitely how this descends and jumps, its incredibly well balanced and requires very little effort to pop off drops or jumps and hop over rocks on quicker sections, the bolt thru axles front and rear are rock solid and the bike holds a line really well, very much a point and shoot bike, and sucks up bumps incredibly well, even better now ive fiddled with the forks abit and got them in quite a decent sweetspot, 65psi and 2 clicks of low speed compression and all the harshness and lack of suppleness i felt with them as they were before was gone and they dont dive around all over the place either, and they worked faultlessly reliability wise too, my revs used to get abit wayward after a long day thrashing about. the RP23 is undoubtly the best air shock on the market imo, having ridden the rockshox monarch on a few demo bikes, the Fox is far better imo, it doesnt wallow in the mid stroke and blow through the travel, and the rear end ramps up nicely towards the end of the stroke to take out the sting from drops, really impressive stuff from Fox.

going from a hardtail to my first full bouncer i was abit worried about how it would climb, but i really do think that the dw-link is arguably the best design around. its very supple yet also firm when you put the power in, and you only really need the propedal to dial out the bob when youre really pushing out the saddle on long steep climbs. on technical climbs its really easy to hop the back wheel over obstacles and has abit of a "stop/start" feel to it, other fs bikes ive ridden have felt abit dead in when climbing technical trails, but the mojo is verydirect and active ride, which im loving, it constantly demands to pushed harder, even to the point of falling off as you push the limit (well my limits anyway) :lol:

all the components have been faultless so, other than the spokes coming slightly loose after the first ride, just solid fantastic working reliability, the xt drivetrain is super smooth, the kcnc bars and stem are fantastic, and the hope stuff is just brilliant, couldnt be happier with the alll the kit i chose :D

overall im rediculously happy with it, by far and away the best bike ive ever ridden and perfect for my riding style, recieved my green crest stickers from greygoose whilst i was away, so for now its absolutely perfect 8) :D
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    that's so so good but personally, I'd stick a reverb on it.
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Are you sure you don't work for ibis? :lol:
  • lawman
    Mrfmilo, I wish I worked for ibis, for one I wouldn't be on a maxlight for a second bike if I was, I'd get a tranny, and two it would have saved my wallet :lol:

Getonyourbike, I thought about one, but tbh I never really feel the need to use one, if I bought a bike that had one fitted as standard, or any adjustable post for that matter, of course I'd use it, but I'm not rushing out to get one as 90% of the time I probably wouldn't feel the real benefit, although having said that, the new fox doss post looks pretty cool, so I might go for one of those in future
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    How are the wheels holding up?
    I still havent decided whether crests will be strong enough for my riding or whether I should get the arch instead.

Thanks
  • lawman
    The wheels are fantastic, I've absolutely hammered them recently and they're still straight and true. They give the tyres a great profile and built up as I have, they make a very light but stiff wheelset, more than capable of some sized drop offs and jumps and didn't even flinch at a few dodgy landings and rock strikes at the weekend, can't recommend them enough!!
  • Crundi
    Crundi Posts: 41
    More than a year ago I went for ZTR Arch wheels on my Hardtail, they're still ROCK solid!
  • lawman
    just purchased a crank bros joplin dropper post from the classifieds, its surely now the ultimate am/trail bike :lol: will post pics asap :D

been busy riding it the last coupla weeks, been over to the long mynd twice and my local'ish "hardcore" trails, after a back to back with my maxlight, i wonder how i ever rode the xc120, it just feels plain wierd having no rear sus and narrow bars :shock: :lol:
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    Would have been the ultimate if it was a reverb going on it :wink:

Are you from Bishops castle way?
  • lawman
    Would have been the ultimate if it was a reverb going on it :wink:

Are you from Bishops castle way?

possibly true, but having never had a dropper post before, i figured id get one used and see how i got on, rather than splash nearly 300 quid on a reverb, plus i like most of my stuff to match, so if was gonna spend some serious cash on one, id get the fox one to match the forks and shock :lol:

no idea where bishops castle is, anywhere near coventry? :lol:
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    tht thing will be useless without a remote.
  • lawman
    tht thing will be useless without a remote.

when you're as skilled as i am, you don't need a remote :lol:
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    He's right you know. Without a remote it's pointless and only serves to add weight. You need a remote.

Stop being so ghey and buy a remote.

Do it now

NOW I say!
  • lawman
    He's right you know. Without a remote it's pointless and only serves to add weight. You need a remote.

Stop being so ghey and buy a remote.

Do it now

NOW I say!

crc are out of stock until june, anywhere else where i can get one for £35??
  • lawman
    new pics with the joplin and a good old clean :) been sat caked in mud for a week or so, joplin seems great, definitely needs a remote as sheepsteeth and cwnt said, will get one as soon as CRC have stock again.

DSCF4350.jpg

DSCF4349.jpg
  • cat_with_no_tail
    That BB looks really low in that last pic there. Not sure if it's just the way the pic was taken though. What sort of height is it at?
  • lawman
    That BB looks really low in that last pic there. Not sure if it's just the way the pic was taken though. What sort of height is it at?

it is pretty low, sits at 13.5 inches static, so probably goes down to just over 13 with 25%sag on the shock, the head angle looks really steep to me as well, but i know its not, measured it at 67.4 degrees so its pretty slack, the bb height hasnt been too bad tbh, had a few rock strikes, but nothing major, and it corners likes its on rails, so i cant complain :lol: whats the BB on the edison like?
  • cat_with_no_tail
    That's not really low, it must just be that pic. In fact, it's almost identical to the Edison which has a 350mm BB height (13.8in) and HA (and seat angle) between 73*-67*
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    the edison fels positively lofty compared to haveing iddn specialized bikes for the last few years.
  • lawman
    Quick update, Joplin remote fitted and serviced, big thanks to the guys at 2pure for quick turn around and superb service. Few little bling touches still to come, fitted some green kcnc chainring bolts after the black ones went M.I.A, next up will be getting round to sorting the stickers out and giving it a proper good clean, other than that it's been faultless, although I'm not to impressed by the xt cassette, which is already showing signs of wear, but I suppose after 750+ miles it's not done too bad
  • Xgreygoose
    Xgreygoose Posts: 371
    Hey lawman,
    did you see the post I put up on my Nomad thread? Have a look-page 5 and let me know :)
    You mention about your cassette, how's the chain doing?
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
    Cannondale Flash Ultimate 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2009
  • lawman
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    Hey lawman,
    did you see the post I put up on my Nomad thread? Have a look-page 5 and let me know :)
    You mention about your cassette, how's the chain doing?

chain seems to be fine, still looks pretty new and shifts as well as ever now ive given it a quick once over, like i say it really is spot on atm :D

shall send you a PM asap btw :)
  • lawman
    finally got round to not riding it for a while to update :lol:

DSCF4554.jpg

joplin has been faultless since its was serviced, well impressed and its proved its usefulness many a time. no other changes so far, uni is sucking up my funds til next summer, then its new project time :D (well half a project time...)
  • lawman
    quick update, will post more details tomorrow plus pics etc :) few changes since the last update, gone 1x10 with a 34t E-13 ring and LG1+ chaindevice, fitted new 2011 nobby nics, set up tubeless and just tonight changed the joplin for a 2012 reverb :D initial impressions of all are good, and with all the changes scales in the lbs say it weighs 25.9lbs :D not half bad me thinks
  • chick0
    chick0 Posts: 338
    lawman wrote:
    quick update, will post more details tomorrow plus pics etc :) few changes since the last update, gone 1x10 with a 34t E-13 ring and LG1+ chaindevice, fitted new 2011 nobby nics, set up tubeless and just tonight changed the joplin for a 2012 reverb :D initial impressions of all are good, and with all the changes scales in the lbs say it weighs 25.9lbs :D not half bad me thinks

That's really great weight for what is pretty much an AM spec with an adjustable post (Crests aside). I guess the single ring, KCNC parts and light rims are really helping to keep it slim... I really hope my Jekyll build will be under 26lbs, but i doubt it.

What Nobby Nic's have you fitted? Also, how do you find the ODI grips with inner raised lip? Do you feel it get in the way, or do they just keep your hands from wandering?
  • lawman
    chick0 wrote:
    lawman wrote:

That's really great weight for what is pretty much an AM spec with an adjustable post (Crests aside). I guess the single ring, KCNC parts and light rims are really helping to keep it slim... I really hope my Jekyll build will be under 26lbs, but i doubt it.

What Nobby Nic's have you fitted? Also, how do you find the ODI grips with inner raised lip? Do you feel it get in the way, or do they just keep your hands from wandering?

cheers chick0, i was pleasantly surprised when i saw the weight, thought it would be closer to 26.5, the LG1+ is a chuffing light guide, weighs next to nothing, and the nobby nics are just standard 2011 tubeless ready evo's, bout 520g judging by the kitchen scales, so nice and light and tubeless helps alot, was running quite heavy tubes before, so i saved a good 3/4 of a pound or so, very happy with it, although they dont like being run at low pressures on the back, they roll a bit if you run them about 28psi like i do, so i need to experiment with pressures abit more i think :)

the ODI grips are the best I've ever used, they last forever, grip like turd to a carpet, and are incredibly comfortable, and not too shabby weight wise either considering its a lock-on design, very much recommended, bit expensive, but worth it imo :D