Ibis Mojo HD

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Just looked at the site, and the hd140 is identical to the HD, apart from shock length, and shock mounting bracket.
    If I ever got one of these, I'd be sure to stick a 36 on it :D

yep, just swap the shock mounts (limbo chips they call 'em) and swap the shock for the same one found on the sl and the HD drops down to 140mm travel, and you can back the other way too, so if i ever wnated too i could buy another shock and have 2 bikes in one, so its damn versatile as well as quite possibly the best looking bike on the planet 8)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited March 2011
    lawman wrote:
    RichardSwt wrote:
    Looks ace, I'm hoping to get on of these in July.

Just one question, how come you went for the HD over the SL?

it looks great doesnt it :D i rode the sl at bikeradar live, and there it was great, but the medium felt a tad short and the rear end is quite flexy. the HD is 20mm longer in toptube and perfectly matches my maxlight, so it should fit like a glove :)

Now that is very interesting I didn't realise the HD was longer, and that may be useful for me as I'm very tall, the added stiffness could be handy to.

I was definitely going for the SL, now I'm not so sure, the HD might well suit me better,
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    lawman wrote:
    quick pics of the wheels:

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

weighed in at bang on 1550g for the pair, which im mega pleased with :D (incase you havent guessed, im watching the weights quite carefully :lol: )

Im guessing these wheels will be used for hardcore trail riding judging by the frame and forks? Ive been told that stans crest rims are too light-not strong enough for trail riding and would be interested to find out how you get on with them...
  • lawman
    leaflite wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    quick pics of the wheels:

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

weighed in at bang on 1550g for the pair, which im mega pleased with :D (incase you havent guessed, im watching the weights quite carefully :lol: )

Im guessing these wheels will be used for hardcore trail riding judging by the frame and forks? Ive been told that stans crest rims are too light-not strong enough for trail riding and would be interested to find out how you get on with them...

i thought that when i first read about them, but alot of people have said how strong they are, and the guys at justridingalong reccomended them too when i told them my weight and riding style, as ive said im only 11 stone and ive used similar rims in the past (mavic xc717's and DT 4.2's) with no problems, and the long term reviews seem very good, flows seemed overkill tbh, i thnk theyre over used when alot of people would be just as well off with the lighter arch or the crest
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    JRA recommended the Crest rims to me as well and they have been totally spot on. You will love them.
  • lawman
    JRA recommended the Crest rims to me as well and they have been totally spot on. You will love them.

yep, im looking forward to give them a good beating, and they're a hell of alot lighter than my current wheels on the maxlight, which are just over 2kgs, so combined with the wheels and going tubless ill save aload of weight :D
  • road_donut
    road_donut Posts: 284
    wow ... can't wait to see this built up :D:D:D:D
  • lawman
    quick update, about to order all the little bits to finish it off before i start building, cant decide which cloulour superstar nano techs to get, so what do we reckon, black, techno lime green or white?? :D
  • I've just ordered some Techno Lime Green ones. Not sure you should get some as I think the green will be a different green to your Hope stuff.

I had a load of green stuff picked out for the edison, decided against most of it because colourmatching can be a proper PITA (as I found out with the Mmmbop of many oranges). All my green stuff is now coming from Superstar, so hopefully they can be relied upon to match their own things.

You can't go wrong with black. Black is black is black.

Plus, if you go black, you can get the Ultra-mags and save 100g or so. All adds up.
  • lawman
    I've just ordered some Techno Lime Green ones. Not sure you should get some as I think the green will be a different green to your Hope stuff.

I had a load of green stuff picked out for the edison, decided against most of it because colourmatching can be a proper PITA (as I found out with the Mmmbop of many oranges). All my green stuff is now coming from Superstar, so hopefully they can be relied upon to match their own things.

You can't go wrong with black. Black is black is black.

Plus, if you go black, you can get the Ultra-mags and save 100g or so. All adds up.

yer thats what i thought, you cant really not match black or white, but trying to get matching anodised bright colours can be a pain, like my kcnc chainring bolts are a dark green, but thats only a small detail. just had a look on superstar again and its definitely black all the way i reckon :)
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    black with green pins?
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    jay12 wrote:
    black with green pins?

This. (if its possible)
  • From what I've seen, the green pins would be a pretty good match for your hope stuff. Which is exactly why I didn't get them. The green on my frame is brighter than the green you're looking at (which is why I'm ordering the techno-lime stuff).
  • Xgreygoose
    Xgreygoose Posts: 371
    Just like everyone else, I am too looking forward to this build. I've always love the look of this frame. My nephew had the Vitamin P Green one but it got stolen from his house. Poor fellow :cry:

Anyway I would have said black pedals but you have three main white parts on the bike, the fork, the wheels and the saddle.
    BTW why did you go for the white rims? Have you seen the Ano Crest rims for Project 321 http://www.project321.com/products_bike-stans-rims.php. The Ano green would have look great too.
    So I think white pedals with green pins maybe better to help match/go with the fork, the rims and the saddle. But black is always the safest bet :)

On the decal/sticker guy. I tried the email that I got but I received a "message failure" so I guess it doesn't work anymore. Still looking and waiting from other sources. Will let you know.
    Do however have a spare set of these lying around? Give me a PM :)
    DSC02366.jpg
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
    Cannondale Flash Ultimate 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2009
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Sweet zombie Jesus, Lawman, that looks great. My favourite frame by a mile, and can't wait to see this built up.

I need to sell a kidney or something, I want one. :lol:
  • lawman
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    Just like everyone else, I am too looking forward to this build. I've always love the look of this frame. My nephew had the Vitamin P Green one but it got stolen from his house. Poor fellow :cry:

Anyway I would have said black pedals but you have three main white parts on the bike, the fork, the wheels and the saddle.
    BTW why did you go for the white rims? Have you seen the Ano Crest rims for Project 321 http://www.project321.com/products_bike-stans-rims.php. The Ano green would have look great too.
    So I think white pedals with green pins maybe better to help match/go with the fork, the rims and the saddle. But black is always the safest bet :)

On the decal/sticker guy. I tried the email that I got but I received a "message failure" so I guess it doesn't work anymore. Still looking and waiting from other sources. Will let you know.
    Do however have a spare set of these lying around? Give me a PM :)
    DSC02366.jpg

greygosse you have pm :) hadnt seen the anodised stans before, but i do love the white crests, especially as the gunsmoke hubs go really well with the grey parts of the swingarm :D
    Stav wrote:
    Sweet zombie Jesus, Lawman, that looks great. My favourite frame by a mile, and can't wait to see this built up.

I need to sell a kidney or something, I want one. :lol:

thanks stav, im very much looking forward to giving it a good beating when its done, it'll be ridden properly i can assure everyone of that, well as properly as i can ride it :lol: the cost has spiralled almost out of control, i got alot of the parts from the LBS i used to work at, so got pretty good prices and alot of it, but as life goes, the frame and a few other bits i couldnt get through them, so i had to buy them elsewhere, but this is my dream bike, ive thrown pretty much every penny ive got at it, and its gonna be a stunnig bike to look at and to ride, shame its wasted on some 19 year old student really :lol:

im thinking that the techno lime pedals are what im gonna go for, there isnt much green on it atm, so i think more is needed 8) alll remaining parts are being ordered as i type, so building shall commence asap :D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Lawman fella,

Really like these would love one for an all day machine, :) if it was my second bike i'd go 150 mm 32 forks, but otherwise 36 160's all the way at speed the stiffness difference is so huge 32's feel bendy to me now :s

Also the tapered forkts are hugely more stiff that would be my big change. How are you gearing this didn't spot how earlier in the thread but will go back and reread. be tempted by 1*10 of 2*10 prob 2*10 :p helps when your not feeling to unft :p
  • lawman
    Lawman fella,

Really like these would love one for an all day machine, :) if it was my second bike i'd go 150 mm 32 forks, but otherwise 36 160's all the way at speed the stiffness difference is so huge 32's feel bendy to me now :s

Also the tapered forkts are hugely more stiff that would be my big change. How are you gearing this didn't spot how earlier in the thread but will go back and reread. be tempted by 1*10 of 2*10 prob 2*10 :p helps when your not feeling to unft :p

cheers mate :) having ridden 36's back to back with 32's i know aht you mean ,there is a big difference, but the 32's are a fair bit lighter, and im not a heavy guy, so i dont really need the beefyness of a 36, but if i was building this up for hardcore stuff more than all day riding, id probably put the Bos deville on a HD, they're actually cheaper than 36 RC2 now :shock: im seriously tempted to later try an angleset on this tho, get it seriously slacked out and the bb slammed, so ive kept my options open with a standard steerer 8)

gearing wise it'll be 2*10, 11-36 cassettev and 24-38 chainrings on xt cranks, so a similar gearing to what i run currently on the maxlight. ive had a double for six months now and i doubt ill ever go back to a triple, im pretty fit so i can power round most stuff in the 38t ring, and the 24's there the really steep stuff. theres rumours of a dedicated xt double coiming out later in the year, so i might upgrade to that at some point :)
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Yeh mate is running 1*10 currently on a 32, which gets you lowenough for most climbs but the steepest, but lacks a bit on the downs as i can always pedal out my 32 :(
  • lawman
    The build has commenced :D I'm stuck at work this morning, I'll have to finish it off this afternoon and will post pics asap, first impressions of it so far having had a quick set up rolling chassis last night are that it fits like glove and as expected looks incredible :D
  • lawman
    its finished :D

DSCF4257.jpg

DSCF4256.jpg

DSCF4254.jpg

DSCF4253.jpg

DSCF4252.jpg

DSCF4258.jpg

first impressions are it should be a ripper, first ride tomorrow morning so i'll give a quick review tomorrow :D got a few blingy additions planned, and some green crest stickers from Greygoose 8)
  • Tabs24
    Tabs24 Posts: 11
    didn't think the colour of the pedals would work, but surprisingly they do, very nice buddy
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    I think I just did a little sex wee.

Once you get a few more green bits on, decals etc, It will be truly a stunner.
  • Anonymous
    Very, very nice, be intrested to see how you get on with the 1x10 setup.
  • lawman
    RichardSwt wrote:

ah yer should have mentioned the shots were pre-24t granny ring fitting, so its actuall 2x 10 now :lol: did have a blast round with only the one ring tho and it felt awesome, so i might try it out in future :)
  • Tabs24
    Tabs24 Posts: 11
    forgot to ask above, how do you like your Hope tech X2 brakes i cant decide what brakes to get for my Intense Tracer, Tech X2's or Formula RX or Formula "The One's" if i can afford them
  • Anonymous
    lawman wrote:
    RichardSwt wrote:

ah yer should have mentioned the shots were pre-24t granny ring fitting, so its actuall 2x 10 now :lol: did have a blast round with only the one ring tho and it felt awesome, so i might try it out in future :)

LOL, I was wondering why the front mech was still on...
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    i think the green is one colour too many but that is a superb looking build, those are properly good looking frames, i dont think you could possibly make it look bad!

of course, the steerer needs a bit of a chop and i hope that back tyre direction is intentional.
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    looks lovely, i bet it will ride like a dream.
  • Very nice.

Personally not sure about those pedals.

Full spec list and weight please :D