Who on BR has bought a 'cheap' Chinese carbon frame?

Comments

• nomadicbry
    nomadicbry Posts: 223
    has anyone spotted any chinese carbon CX frames?
    Enough bikes to open a bike shop but always room for one more...
  • nomadicbry
    nomadicbry Posts: 223
    just noticed the pic above with the ahem…Pinarello… i reckon the bike would look so much better if you'd actually trademarked it with Chinarello. Never really got the whole fake label thing…
    Why pretend who's it exactly is it to impress and why do you feel the need to?

You've built a beautiful bike the frame will more than likely be great…why ruin it with a brand that has no connection to the bike…
    It would def look far cooler either without the branding or with chinarello branded on it
    PS Nice paint job though
    Enough bikes to open a bike shop but always room for one more...
  • One just assumes that cheap is the watchword in all walks of life ...

Either substantiate that comment or retract it...
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • dave35
    dave35 Posts: 1,124
    Evil Laugh wrote:
    Can I suggest someone reports the eps as fake on eBay before this poor sod gets ripped off?

I reported both bikes as fake, prob why the dogma got removed. I pointed out the derailleur fitting and cable routing as signs but maybe more could be highlighted. The eps should have a colnago sig on the non driveside of top tube and I'm sure the wc stripes on the logo on the downtube should be symmetrical, ie at the bb end of the panel on both sides.

REPORTED!!!
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Fair to go for the colour scheme but the name? Mind you it'd suck if it said "Chaoswill" down the side.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • JD96
    JD96 Posts: 21
    Anyone had experience buying carbon frames from- virtualvillage-uk-delta?
    I need a 60cm frame as I'm 6 foot 3 and think this is the only supplier.

Thanks
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    One just assumes that cheap is the watchword in all walks of life ...

Your username has done it for me ... Chapeau ...
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    One just assumes that cheap is the watchword in all walks of life ...

:lol: Just let him be, he's clearly bitter that he paid four figures for a Cannondale frame. I mean seriously - GIS "Cannondale frame" and you'll see pages of horrible horrible things seemingly designed by David Blunkett & Stevie Wonder
  • Crankbrother
    I'm in no way overly excited by my 'dales or think they are the be all and end all ... I wish i'd bought a Canyon or BMC mtb (as an example) ... I have nice (rathervthan wow) bikes ... High end alu rather than cheap(est) carbon ... Butbthey are thevreal thing so the Six13 and the Flash have something special about them (the badboy, I'm not kidding myself on) however mid range tney are ...

My disgust is that the moneybspent on the fake bikes could buy the best low end bike that would be just as light and easily as responsive as the baloon bikes you guys arevfawning over ... For a start, I bet thevpaint on that heap of crap weighs more than my frame ...

It'd be false economy without the fakery, with the fakery it's jyst tacky and deluded ... Yet you all seem to think it's worth showing off ... Imagine if theybwere the real deal ... How crass would it be to show it off? Then multiply it by infinity and you have the level youare working at ...
  • P_Tucker
    Well, I guess the important thing here is that no-one actually cares what you think - I'm just amused at how much it seems to bother you. It doesn't affect you in any way - just let it go!
  • Crankbrother
    If I was bothered I would have been up at 0538 in the morning posting about it ...
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    If I was bothered I would have been up at 0538 in the morning posting about it ...

:lol:
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331

I don't know what's funnier

Bikeradar time is an hour out so P_Tucker was up at 0638 not 0538

or

That Crankbrother was up at 0723 posting a reply
  • P_Tucker

I had a dilemma in spring - set my clock to BST, or get angry on the internet at something that doesn't affect me in any way. I chose the former. I bet with hindsight you wish you did too.
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker wrote:

I had a dilemma in spring - set my clock to BST, or get angry on the internet at something that doesn't affect me in any way. I chose the former. I bet with hindsight you wish you did too.

And by "clock", I mean fake Rolex.
  • PeteMadoc wrote:

I don't know what's funnier

Bikeradar time is an hour out so P_Tucker was up at 0638 not 0538

or

That Crankbrother was up at 0723 posting a reply

:lol::lol::lol:
  • yaya
    yaya Posts: 411
    The fakenago sits on £2,000...I can't believe some poor fella is going to drop a couple of grand on a few stickers held by some polyester and paint...sheesh...

The seller history shows he's sold some Cartier stuff...surely that was fake as well?
  • Crankbrother
    Was up to walk the pup ... I'm guessing Pucker was up to walk a balloon on a string before the wind got up ...
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    yaya wrote:
    The fakenago sits on £2,000...I can't believe some poor fella is going to drop a couple of grand on a few stickers held by some polyester and paint...sheesh...

The seller history shows he's sold some Cartier stuff...surely that was fake as well?

I contacted the seller of the fakenago and he admits that it,s a copy. But says also, that it,s an exact copy of the real thing???? :shock:
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    I think this thread has lost it's way . . .
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Yeah - can we just agree that some people don't like the chinese copies, other people think they're ok and that's that? If we could get back onto people's experiences with the Chinese bikes and that, that would be awesome!
  • ademort
    mroli wrote:
    Yeah - can we just agree that some people don't like the chinese copies, other people think they're ok and that's that? If we could get back onto people's experiences with the Chinese bikes and that, that would be awesome!

I,ve been riding my Chinarello for the last two weeks and it rides great IMHO. I have no regrets in the purchase and could not care less what anyone else thinks.Just wonder how many of these Anti Chinerello haters have ever illegally downloaded music or anything else from the internet, Oh of course that,s different isnt it???
    Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,077
    I didnt realise you could also get cervelos:

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/8060 ... esale.html
  • ademort
    I didnt realise you could also get cervelos:

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/8060 ... esale.html

522g for a frame and fork or is that only the frame. I think it,s only the frame, but bloody hell that,s light. If i were 100Kg i think i would be frightened to ride it.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • There is an S3 replica on the 'bay if anyone is interested.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    ademort wrote:
    Just wonder how many of these Anti Chinerello haters have ever illegally downloaded music or anything else from the internet, Oh of course that,s different isnt it???

To be fair, it is different - you're getting the real thing :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    I forgot to say, I bought my faulty frame from Carbonzone on eBay - he was great up until I contacted him about the fault. So if you still are going to buy a frame I would avoid Carbonzone, and take a punt with another.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    and your problem was faulty bottle cage inserts... Did you get it sorted? How? and are you riding the bike?
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    ademort wrote:
    mroli wrote:

I,ve been riding my Chinarello for the last two weeks and it rides great IMHO. I have no regrets in the purchase and could not care less what anyone else thinks.Just wonder how many of these Anti Chinerello haters have ever illegally downloaded music or anything else from the internet, Oh of course that,s different isnt it???
    Ademort

Then why do you pretend it's a Pinarello? Surely the only reason to put Pinarello stickers on is for other people to think you are riding the genuine article. I have no problem with people buying cheap frames but why do you need to pretend it's something it's not? You know it isn't so why do you need to infringe someone else's legitimate copyright.
  • ademort
    Nickwill wrote:
    ademort wrote:
    mroli wrote:

Ademort

Then why do you pretend it's a Pinarello? Surely the only reason to put Pinarello stickers on is for other people to think you are riding the genuine article. I have no problem with people buying cheap frames but why do you need to pretend it's something it's not? You know it isn't so why do you need to infringe someone else's legitimate copyright.

Hi Firstly i dont pretend it,s a Pinarello. When i,m out riding if i talk to fellow cyclists i tell them exactly what it is and where i bought it and how much it costs. As far as the general public is concerned they wont know what a Pinarello is anyway. If this frame continues to handle the way that is has handled in the past two weeks then next year i will buy another one :lol::D
    Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura