Irrational hatreds

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Rapha.

But I'd argue that it's entirely rational.

Oh, and Condor too.

Don't get me started on Rapha-Condor.

You'd have loved the pink and black Rapha Condor SS I saw this morning...
  • Rapha.

But I'd argue that it's entirely rational.

Oh, and Condor too.

Don't get me started on Rapha-Condor.

You'd have loved the pink and black Rapha Condor SS I saw this morning...

:lol:

I'd have loved it even more if it'd had an iphone mount.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    How comes her husband hasn't already throttled her?

Because he's dead inside...
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Verbal wrote:
    Definitely wheelie cabin bags. Especially the few miserable occasions when I've had to use the tube and someone cuts in front of you pulling their silly little case behind them so I trip over it. Now I just kick them out of the way.

Watching my mother-in-law eat. It's like listening to a bulldog eat a bowl of casserole.

Junk mail being put through my letterbox even though there is a "no junk mail" sign on my letter box. I've been known, on occasions, to catch them in the act, rip up their pizza/chinese/indian menu, cab card, whatever and throw it in their face. I know it makes me sound like a miserable bugger but then I don't go around putting my rubbish through other peoples letterboxes.

Actually, looking at the above I really need to lighten up...but it's too damn hard!

No junk mail signs on letterboxes (sorry Verbal)
    Beware of the dog signs on front doors
    Child on board signs on cars

All of them useless
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    Verbal wrote:
    Definitely wheelie cabin bags. Especially the few miserable occasions when I've had to use the tube and someone cuts in front of you pulling their silly little case behind them so I trip over it. Now I just kick them out of the way.

Watching my mother-in-law eat. It's like listening to a bulldog eat a bowl of casserole.

Junk mail being put through my letterbox even though there is a "no junk mail" sign on my letter box. I've been known, on occasions, to catch them in the act, rip up their pizza/chinese/indian menu, cab card, whatever and throw it in their face. I know it makes me sound like a miserable bugger but then I don't go around putting my rubbish through other peoples letterboxes.

Actually, looking at the above I really need to lighten up...but it's too damn hard!

All of them useless

We've been told that due to having 4 'scary' dogs we 'must' have 'beware of the dogs' signs or risk prosecution by members of the public for giving them a bit of a surprise or some such nonsense. My mother has been busy putting up all manner of signs since that visit from the police!

I believe the current one warns about pretty much every hazard available on our property, including the goldfish, underground toads, and an occasionally resident chinchilla.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    TUBE STRIKES
    I am writing to let you know that the RMT and TSSA unions have called a Tube strike. If the strike goes ahead, there is likely to be disruption to Tube services from the evening of Sunday 28 November and throughout Monday 29 November.

Irrational because I don't use the tube.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    dhope wrote:
    Verbal wrote:

All of them useless

We've been told that due to having 4 'scary' dogs we 'must' have 'beware of the dogs' signs or risk prosecution by members of the public for giving them a bit of a surprise or some such nonsense. My mother has been busy putting up all manner of signs since that visit from the police!

I believe the current one warns about pretty much every hazard available on our property, including the goldfish, underground toads, and an occasionally resident chinchilla.

Health and safety gone mad I tell you, etc etc.

If the dogs are dangerous (not saying they are) then you shouldn't have them. If they're alright then they're alright. The public should MTFU.

Misread the last bit as Chiuaua, so my next hatred is toy dogs.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Verbal wrote:

All of them useless

Health and safety gone mad I tell you, etc etc.

If the dogs are dangerous (not saying they are) then you shouldn't have them. If they're alright then they're alright. The public should MTFU.

Misread the last bit as Chiuaua, so my next hatred is toy dogs.

Apparently their barking gave a lady a bit of a shock as she walked past so she reported us to the police, who sent the dog warden (lovely bloke) round to ask us to put up signs.

It really is a bit flippin' ridiculous.
  • TLDNMCL
    TLDNMCL Posts: 2,779
    Deep breath:

Perfectly able-bodied people who can not walk without shuffling their feet.
    Suit wearers who think they are smart, regardless of what is going on from the ankles down.
    Weather presenters.
    Traffic "news" reporters "Well, there are the usual tailbacks at Gypsy's Corner..." THAT"S NOT NEWS, IT'S AN EVERYDAY OCCURRENCE! :x
    Mac
  • CdrJake
    CdrJake Posts: 296
    TLDNMCL wrote:
    Deep breath:

Perfectly able-bodied people who can not walk without shuffling their feet
    Suit wearers who think they are smart, regardless of what is going on from the ankles down.
    Weather presenters.
    Traffic "news" reporters "Well, there are the usual tailbacks at Gypsy's Corner..." THAT"S NOT NEWS, IT'S AN EVERYDAY OCCURRENCE! :x

Cadets and junior rates!!

A total rational hatred which usually leads me to shouting which can be heard across entire dockyards and ships :evil:
    twitter: @JakeM1969
  • dhope wrote:
    Verbal wrote:

All of them useless

I'm presuming you haven't heard the story behind these stickers then, a woman crashed with her baby in the car and she was found by the rescue services and taken to the nearest hospital. Her child wasn't found and when she asked how her baby was, they realised they'd missed the child and had to go back and search for it. That's supposedly why they have those stickers, although I will agree that a lot of the time I see those stickers there is indeed no child in the car.
    Specialized Allez 24
    FCN ride: 3
    FCN commute: 7
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    dhope wrote:
    Verbal wrote:

All of them useless

I'm presuming you haven't heard the story behind these stickers then, a woman crashed with her baby in the car and she was found by the rescue services and taken to the nearest hospital. Her child wasn't found and when she asked how her baby was, they realised they'd missed the child and had to go back and search for it. That's supposedly why they have those stickers, although I will agree that a lot of the time I see those stickers there is indeed no child in the car.

Urban myth alert!

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/parental/babysign.asp
    Rules are for fools.
  • jamesco wrote:
    The most aggressive dog breed is, surprisingly, the Dachshund, though most any dog can be made aggressive if the owner is malicious enough. Our 2 staffies were the sweetest, friendliest dogs I ever knew, although they did bale up a burglar once. Good doggie! ;)
    Daschunds were bred for badger hunting, which might explain their aggressive tendencies.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Waddlie wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Verbal wrote:

All of them useless

Urban myth alert!

Indeed an urban myth. Fire crews, police and ambulance services are too well trained in the art of searching vehicles for other signs of life (or not in some cases) to need something like a Baby on Board sticker.

I too find them irritating, it;s not like it will make me any less likely to hit them.

My other hatred is women who use their prams/pushchairs as weapons. You know the ones who suddenly thrust the pushchair with their child strapped in, into the road as though it has some great repelling power and will protect them from anything. Way to go in putting your offspring at risk!
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    TV programmes with title which is a play on the main characters name such as 'A Touch of Frost'

I see Robert Webb is fronting a new show featuring amusing clips from the internet.

They decided to call the show....."Robert's Web".

F*ck off.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • NGale wrote:
    Waddlie wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Verbal wrote:

All of them useless

Urban myth alert!

Indeed an urban myth. Fire crews, police and ambulance services are too well trained in the art of searching vehicles for other signs of life (or not in some cases) to need something like a Baby on Board sticker.

I too find them irritating, it;s not like it will make me any less likely to hit them.

My other hatred is women who use their prams/pushchairs as weapons. You know the ones who suddenly thrust the pushchair with their child strapped in, into the road as though it has some great repelling power and will protect them from anything. Way to go in putting your offspring at risk!

I've often wondered what would happen if you put one of these in your rear window - I think you might get some very indignant responses...
    BABY+ON+ROOF.png
  • Oh god, has anyone mentioned air fresheners? Y'know, glade and the like?

I hate them. Really, really hate them. If your house stinks, making it stink of some artificial flower stuff as well as its original stench is not going to help.

Open a window. Gah.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Oh god, has anyone mentioned air fresheners? Y'know, glade and the like?

I hate them. Really, really hate them. If your house stinks, making it stink of some artificial flower stuff as well as its original stench is not going to help.

Open a window. Gah.

or clean your stinky house and get rid of the smell, i mean there's only so many bodies you can store in the lounge before it's gonna smell, that's what secret under ground bunkers are for........
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • adverts with gurgling babies

babies in pubs

in fact, babies

except my mates'

occasionally

and mine

when I eventually give up and have one
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    snailracer wrote:
    jamesco wrote:
    The most aggressive dog breed is, surprisingly, the Dachshund, though most any dog can be made aggressive if the owner is malicious enough. Our 2 staffies were the sweetest, friendliest dogs I ever knew, although they did bale up a burglar once. Good doggie! ;)
    Daschunds were bred for badger hunting, which might explain their aggressive tendencies.

Daschunds with erections can't climb stairs.

As for irrational hatreds, has to be Dentists. Had a bad experience when i was 10 when i was put under on gas and had what I can only describe as a bad trip. However where do these guys get off - in the entrance exam for dental school is there a questionnaire for greedy sadists? Seriously they seem to enjoy sticking sharp objects into our mouths causing pain and discomfort for days and then when you escape you get a bill for some astronomical amount when all you went in for was a check up. Evil ba****ds.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Julia Roberts.

Oh, man, don't even get me started. And she is supposed to be attractive? She could put a dinner plate in her mouth and still talk, it's like one of those eels that can swallow a shark or whatever, just yuk.

And a f*cking sh** actress to boot.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Dogs dogs feckin' dogs I hate the smelly, stupid shi77y things so much poodles labradors the f'cking lot of them

And the owners should be made to lick their shi7 up off the road, not just scoop up 60% of it in a flaming plastic bag.

Anyone whose dog bites someone else should be thrown into a huge vat of sharks who've not eaten for a while and told "oh, he's normally so good around other people"

Friends of ours recently lost their cats (ie they died) (the cats, that is) and they replaced them with a stupid, stinking, hairy foul-smelling slobbering defecating abohorrance of nature fu**ing DOG!!!! There is no scale for how much they went down in my estimation.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Scented candles. Except it is not irrational is it? Candle light is lovely, why introduce some stinky chemical to spoil it :x
    The older I get the faster I was
  • HVRNR
    HVRNR Posts: 20
    People who I've never met before who call me 'mate'....aaarrggh it makes my blood boil!
    Some days you wake and immediately start to worry, nothing in particular is wrong its just the feeling that forces are quietly aligning and there will be trouble

Felt Z35
    FCN 4
  • pianoleo
    pianoleo Posts: 135
    The Greengrocer's Apostrophe (or Greengrocers' if the apostrophe belongs to multiple greengrocers!).

Even though this is regarding cold weather, it makes my blood boil: "please allow extra time for your journey's".

From http://metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/warnings.asp

Grr.
  • HVRNR
    Oh and one more thing...bloody Super Dry clothing!!
    Some days you wake and immediately start to worry, nothing in particular is wrong its just the feeling that forces are quietly aligning and there will be trouble

Felt Z35
    FCN 4
  • HVRNR
    I've thought of another one! Vanessa Feltz...what exactly is she for?

Felt Z35
    FCN 4
  • napper
    napper Posts: 31
    Dog haters - absolutely loathe them. Generally (no, always) arrogant tw?ts, full of their own self importance, heads up their own ar?e as far as it can go.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    HVRNR wrote:
    I've thought of another one! Vanessa Feltz...what exactly is she for?

Sorry, this thread is for irrantional hatreds. That one doesn't fulfil the criteria.
  • All these goddamn adverts on Spotify that each refer to 'the most talked about album this year!' or 'the most anticipated album this year!'. They can't all be that can they? NO!

And while I'm at it, people in the queue for the checkout at supermarkets, who wait for 5 - 10 minutes to get to the front, and then act surprised when they get asked for money and take another 5 - 10 minutes to get everything out of their wallet/purse.
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.