Irrational hatreds

Comments

• hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Cotton wool... *shudder*

tingly little balls of fluffy nastiness. burn them all and damn them to hell.
    Hat + Beard
  • Those small, overnight travel bags with wheels, the really small ones that have ridiculously long, triple telescopic handles and are the size of a shoe box.... why in the name of sweet jesus don't you just carry the bleeding thing, instead of letting the tiny wheels grate along, annoying the bejesus out of me.....

my god yes!!!

in fact I've extended this into a hatred of all wheeled luggage: it's merely enabled peopel to travel with five times more stuff than they need.

if you can't carry it, don't f * cking take it, I say.

You should need to be an OAP to buy the things.
    Specialized Allez 24
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Sewinman wrote:
    I strongly dislike Q1, the programme. I know it is good, but I don't like that smug intelligentsia feel it has and I have to turn it off.
    What? With national treasure Mr S. Fry? Say it isn't so. It's just people being (mostly) funny about random stuff...

Q1 in the UK, though, I find a bit depressing. Holiday season is over and it's cold and miserable. Brrr
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    JonGinge wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    I strongly dislike Q1, the programme. I know it is good, but I don't like that smug intelligentsia feel it has and I have to turn it off.
    What? With national treasure Mr S. Fry? Say it isn't so. It's just people being (mostly) funny about random stuff...

Q1 in the UK, though, I find a bit depressing. Holiday season is over and it's cold and miserable. Brrr

Yeah! Fry gets on my wick - know-it-all type. I know that everyone loves him and Q1, so hence picking it out as my irrational hate.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    JonGinge wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Q1 is bonus season ;)
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Teenagers other than family members who are teenagers.

Those family members who are teenagers fall into the former category for everyone else, of course. =)
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Sewinman
    JonGinge wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Q1 is bonus season ;)

Q1 starts in April here, depends on your financial year I suppose.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Sewinman wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Q1 is bonus season ;)

Q1 starts in April here, depends on your financial year I suppose.

Then the seasonal Q1 is your bonus season too?
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    rjsterry wrote:
    mkirby wrote:
    one i developed about an hour ago reviewing documents.

People who insist that there should be 2 spaces after every full stop.
    A left over from when people used typewriters, when people were taught to leave a double space after full stops, I think. Word processing has made it unnecessary, but old habits die hard.

I have two colleagues here who put anywhere between 2 and 8 (eight) spaces after full stops, apparently entirely at random. One of them's a lawyer, too - there's probably some vital legal meaning in the size of spaces in the small print.

I hate hate hate the feeling of cheap wooden chopsticks if you put them in your mouth dry.

I also hate men to whom women are attracted. All of them.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,407
    Sewinman wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Yeah! Fry gets on my wick - know-it-all type. I know that everyone loves him and Q1, so hence picking it out as my irrational hate.

Although Mr Fry has recently gone down in my estimation and that of many others following his espousal of some pretty backward ideas on women.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    JonGinge wrote:
    ...Q1 in the UK, though, I find a bit depressing. Holiday season is over and it's cold and miserable. Brrr

Calendar Q1 is snowsports season!

Cheers,
    W.
  • Agent57
    rjsterry wrote:
    Although Mr Fry has recently gone down in my estimation and that of many others following his espousal of some pretty backward ideas on women.

Nah. I think it was all rather an over-reaction to something taken out of context. And I think his blog post on the matter was pretty reasonable.

http://www.stephenfry.com/2010/11/04/si ... ngle-page/
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JonGinge wrote:
    ...Q1 in the UK, though, I find a bit depressing. Holiday season is over and it's cold and miserable. Brrr

Calendar Q1 is snowsports season!

Cheers,
    W.
    You are correct. I should have put Q1 in the SE rather than UK... although for the last couple of years there has been snow aplenty.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • tx14 wrote:
    Pandas - I f*cking hate pandas

picky eaters they are!

Too right.

What self respecting omnivore wakes up one morning and decides to eschew their previous dietary choices in favour of a diet consisting solely of sticks? They completely ignore the fact that they have neither the dentition or digestive tract to extract adequate energy from the said sticks, as a consequence of this stupidity they lack the energy required to rut in order to preserve their species. Grrrroooooooaaaarrr f*cking pandas!
    Don't worry - they're an evolutionary dead end - never understood why the World Wildlife Fund picked an animal for their logo that was so obviously heading for extinction

Adopting an emblem that will ultimately illustrate your ineffectiveness - top move by the WWF there!
  • rjsterry
    Agent57 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Nah. I think it was all rather an over-reaction to something taken out of context. And I think his blog post on the matter was pretty reasonable.

http://www.stephenfry.com/2010/11/04/si ... ngle-page/

I'm not sure it was that out of context, when you read the full quote, but I'm willing to file it in the same box as Newton being into Astrology and Alchemy.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rjsterry wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

I found that article quite funny. It goes with the discussion I have with my male friends about how blokes who shag around are congratulated for it and women who do so are criticised - it's too easy for women to be slags!

And Sewinman, are you just running with your Q1 typo?

I like Q1. My birthday's in Q1. I also like QI.
  • Sewinman
    Weird, I had not even noticed the typo...something wired up wrongly in my head there.

I hate the feeling of tissue paper napkins on my finger nails or teeth....I have to pick napkins out individually from napkin vending contraptions for fear of brushing my fingernails.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Beards.....Jake really dosen't get why I don't like them (he's sporting one at the moment) but I really can't stand them
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    NGale wrote:
    Beards.....Jake really dosen't get why I don't like them (he's sporting one at the moment) but I really can't stand them

:( what about hats?
    Hat + Beard
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    - people who blow their noses every 2 mins.
    - suit jackets with jeans
    - little people with massive umbrellas
    - seafood. (not big fish, all the little bits of the ocean floor)
    - "culture"

Agree on the earlier wheeled luggage thing. (but I'd like an exception for my bike box?)
    exercise.png
  • Agent57
    NGale wrote:

If your dad doesn't have a beard, you've got two mums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmFnarFSj_U

A wizard needs a beard, and I reckon that also goes for commanders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTjrwgnJHpM
  • anono
    anono Posts: 52
    The complete list is too long, but just for starters:

simon amstell

people eating in foodshops

incorrect use of "myself" (e.g. Myself and Rob will be doing that)

vinegar on fish and chips

ricky gervais's laugh
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Anono wrote:
    ricky gervais
    FTFY
  • Sewinman
    Anono wrote:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Anono wrote:
    people eating in foodshops

I hate those people (generally middle class), who eat half the food walking round the store, then hand empty packets to the checkout.
    exercise.png
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Skinny jeans

Shoreditch and Clerkenwell. Fecking faux-trendy 'groove armada' bollocks.

Soho. I refuse to eat at any restaurant in Soho. There I've said it.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    Boring internet forum pedants bug me.
    I agree with Stephen Fry's opinion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E-aoXLZGY
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    Twitter
    Nobody cares, so stop twatting. Or whatever it's called.

Football / Football Reporters
    Why oh why the endless cycle, year after year... can't you just play one season, decide who's best, and leave it at that?! ... and why does the media insist on ramming every stupid little detail of every stupid little match down everyones throat for days and days after the event?!

Hype.
    Nothing puts me off wanting to be involved in or watching something more than people banging on and on about it. Yes, this weeks new blockbuster movie probably is very good, but we've just suffered a million weeks of pre-release marketing and bland 'star' interviews and I'm now so sick of hearing about it I can't be ar$ed to go and see it.
  • Sewinman wrote:
    Anono wrote:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Quite.

I have him on ignore now. :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rjsterry
    Cubic wrote:
    Boring internet forum pedants bug me.
    I agree with Stephen Fry's opinion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E-aoXLZGY

I take his and your point, although railing against people being show-off know-it-alls is a bit rich coming from him.
    Pinnacle Monzonite