Irrational hatreds

shouldbeinbed
shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
probably been done before but what they hey, vent folks. what would go into your Room 101

Bicycle bells

Hunstanton

Wire (wrapping itself up when you're not looking and ending up in a gordian knot whose difficulty is inversely proportional to how little time you have to unravel it)

Celery

this :roll: smiley (cue hundreds of them from the humourists)

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Volume controls that tell you the "level" - I cannot have them on an odd number, has to be even......
  • Mobile phones. Since the introduction of the mobile phone millions of people have become so important that they must be in constant communication with their equally important friends.

Twitter. I don't care if you've just had the worlds biggest dump or if you're queuing behind the woman that was on 60 minute makeover.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,406
    re-cycles wrote:
    Mobile phones. Since the introduction of the mobile phone millions of people have become so important that they must be in constant communication with their equally important friends.

Twitter. I don't care if you've just had the worlds biggest dump or if you're queuing behind the woman that was on 60 minute makeover.

Bzzzzt! Those are both perfectly rational :wink:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Shimano gears. Especially left hand 105 shifters.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    pi! Don't get me started...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Alphabet
    Alphabet Posts: 436
    people. pretty much all of them.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    All my hatreds are rational ;)

Though currently shaving gel is eliciting a hatred not commonly associated with bathroom based products.
  • Nifer
    Nifer Posts: 102
    Clothes labels. My husband throws them at me to freak me out.
  • ketsbaia
    JonGinge wrote:

Oh don't

;)
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    The sound of sloppy pasta, especially when you can hear it slopping around inside someones mouth as they eat it.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Alphabet
    ketsbaia wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Oh don't

;)

this should keep you going for a while
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Shimano .

ftfy
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Oooooooooooooooh...

Chewing gum and everything about it.

Poor grammar and spelling

Octopi

Coke/Pepsi/Cola in general

Dry sponges, cotton wool

I'm sure more will follow!
  • ketsbaia
    spen666 wrote:
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Shimano .

ftfy

:D
  • Anyone going near or, heaven forbid, touching the bit between my nostrils. I am in no way accountable for my actions, should you try this. :evil:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Qunatum physicis.

The bit about never being able to measure a particles movement and speed at the same time. You can only do one.

In depth, a particle is doing many things and only one thing when you look at it as only one aspect of reality can exist when realised. This supposes that nothing is real until it is looked at. So the falling tree doesn't make a sound when no one is around to hear to. The real answer is that there is no falling tree unless someone sees it fall.

Oh and

Pigeons.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    edited November 2010
    JonGinge wrote:

Reminds me of a nerd hoodie I saw the other day. It had a back print with i telling pi to "be rational", and pi responding "get real".

My irrational hatred is having people on my right-hand side.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493

Octopi

oh the irony.

Aren't the plurals octopodes and octopuses? It comes from a greek root, so the latin "-us", "-i"rule isn't valid.......

or do you have an irrational hatred of misuse of the plural octopi?
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Oooooooooooooooh...

Chewing gum and everything about it.

Octopi

Coke/Pepsi/Cola in general

Dry sponges, cotton wool

I'm sure more will follow!

the grammar and punctuation or lack of it in the quoted thread leaves a lot to be desired.
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Alphabet
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Qunatum physicis.

The bit about never being able to measure a particles movement and speed at the same time. You can only do one.

In depth, a particle is doing many things and only one thing when you look at it as only one aspect of reality can exist when realised. This supposes that nothing is real until it is looked at. So the falling tree doesn't make a sound when no one is around to hear to. The real answer is that there is no falling tree unless someone sees it fall.

Oh and

Pigeons.

schrodinger's cat. does my head right in.
  • jonginge
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Qunatum physicis.

Oh and

Pigeons.
    See Lit's 3rd point.

Heisenberg's uncertainty principle limits the knowledge of a particle's momentum and position...
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Off topic, but Pythagoras didn't believe in irrational numbers.

Another greek bod whos name I forget came up with a number that couldn't be simplified to a ratio. Pythagoras couldn't disprove it, and refused to be proved wrong, so he killed him.
  • PBo
    JonGinge wrote:

inconsistent - how comes "e" gets a free ride?
  • jonginge
    edited November 2010
    PBo wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

inconsistent - how comes "e" gets a free ride?
    Because e's are good?

#nowplayinginmyhead shamen
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • PBo
    Anyone going near or, heaven forbid, touching the bit between my nostrils. I am in no way accountable for my actions, should you try this. :evil:

Your septum.

Apparently Danielle Westbrook does not suffer from this....
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    People who feel they have a right to tell other they are wrong on a personal level, that goes above and beyond the point of the discussion.

And

Pedants who seem to think it's their right to police the Internet and save cyberspace from poor spelling and grammar.

:wink:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • tx14
    tx14 Posts: 244
    people who think it's sometimes wrong to be right.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    People who fail to correctly differentiate between your/you're and their/there/they're.
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    Oooooooooooooooh...

Octopi

!

You have shot yourself in the foot there Lit. This is one of my biggist pet peeves, the incorrect pluralisation of words.

Its octopodes