Irrational hatreds

Comments

• EKE_38BPM wrote:
    What would you do with the smoothie?

Oh that's easy.

I'd find every 'childrens entertainer' in the world and drown the feckers in it.

Clown freaks without makeup those sods are... they're only step away from twirling bow ties and custard pies.

Bastard undercover clowns... you're not fooling me.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    damn better cancel that clown for your surprise birthday party then. :roll: :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Could you get 4 people to look at it as long as they promised to keep one eye closed?

I once pointed out there was a guy with a patch in the office... it wasn't found to be amusing
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Could you get 4 people to look at it as long as they promised to keep one eye closed?

I once pointed out there was a guy with a patch in the office... it wasn't found to be amusing
    It was from where I'm sitting :lol:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • dvdfoz
    dvdfoz Posts: 62
    go compare adverts

halifax adverts

in fact almost all adverts

this thread, for revealing to me how bitter and hateful I actually am
    Dalston --> Canary Wharf, and all pubs inbetween
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    On the management speak tip - I HATE 'Leverage/leveraging' i.e 'leveraging our brand'. It has a fairly clear financial definition i.e. multiplying an investment by borrowing. But in an organisational context it seems to mean 'use well' or 'use' or 'gain advantage from using' - but I am not entirely sure.

I also HATE 'Learnings' - i.e. 'what are the key learnings we can take away from this brainstorm'. What is wrong with good old 'lessons'.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Sewinman wrote:
    I also HATE 'Learnings' - i.e. 'what are the key learnings we can take away from this brainstorm'. What is wrong with good old 'lessons'.

Internet Providings?

Someone I work has a nasty habit of "arranging dialogues".
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,407
    Old steel road bikes converted to FG/SS - there's a gear hanger there for a reason! If you want to go FG/SS, there are frames with proper track dropouts, spacing and geometry.

Well, the OP does say irrational.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    edited November 2010
    Sewinman wrote:
    On the management speak tip - I HATE 'Leverage/leveraging' i.e 'leveraging our brand'. It has a fairly clear financial definition i.e. multiplying an investment by borrowing. But in an organisational context it seems to mean 'use well' or 'use' or 'gain advantage from using' - but I am not entirely sure.

Leverage can refer to a strategic advantage can't it? Usually in a dispute...?
  • notsoblue
    rjsterry wrote:
    Old steel road bikes converted to FG/SS - there's a gear hanger there for a reason! If you want to go FG/SS, there are frames with proper track dropouts, spacing and geometry.

But then how are you going to get them on picture blogs? There simply are far fewer picture blogs for *geared* vintage bikes.... :P
  • Sewinman wrote:

Leaverage can refer to a strategic advantage can't it? Usually in a dispute...?

I hate the fact that I have now worked so long in financial services that I pronounce 'leverage' 'leh-verr-idge' like the septics rather than pronouncing it like 'leave-er-idge' like a good English girl.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Indeed, I've probably spelt it wrong.

Leverage?
  • Clarion
    Clarion Posts: 223
    I detest everything every member of the Coalition Govenment does every day, including putting milk on their cornflakes in the morning, if they do that.

But I can't bring myself to label it as 'irrational'.

Clowns go unsaid. I'm with Kieran on that one.
    Riding on 531
  • Clarion
    And motons. Need I say more?
    Riding on 531
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Michael Gove
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Free newspapers.

they contain nothing but inane trivial news that was all available online the day before and are typically wielded by the most inconsiderate people to grace PT.

space on trains is already at a premium. I don't wan't someones armpit in my face just so you have space to read your sub-tabloid rag because you don't have the mental fortitude to cope with listening to your own thoughts for 30 minutes.

as soon as I see the little stacks of them outside the station it gets my hackles up.
    Hat + Beard
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Clarion wrote:
    I detest everything every member of the Coalition Govenment does every day, including putting milk on their cornflakes in the morning, if they do that.

But I can't bring myself to label it as 'irrational'.

But that is an irrantional thing to hate, isn't it?
  • Clarion
    Yes, but if it's Tory milk & Tory cornflakes it's totally rational. :wink:
    Riding on 531
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,407
    Agent57 wrote:
    Michael Gove

Bzzzt. OP says IRrational.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    Michael Gove

This is why I didn't include Gillian McKeith....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    My k/b; the n & the g are mixed up surely. Everytime I type somthign that ends in ign it comes out as ign. Anythign, everythign does. What's goign on? Is it a US k/b layout do you think?

Edit - I see BR's ponsey autocorrect s/w didn't pick that up did it? Ha.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Commentators on sporting events saying an athlete has achieved a lifetime best. How do they know? Unless the athlete is summarily put down upon completion of the competition they'll have a chance to better it...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • notsoblue
    rjsterry wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    Michael Gove

This is why I didn't include Gillian McKeith....

"That awful poo woman"
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    She's not a real doctor, you know.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Agent57 wrote:
    She's not a real doctor, you know.

Really? I never knew that. :P

what gave her away? The correspondence course PhD she got, or her complete lack of basic human / plant biology knowledge (she thinks that chloroform can oxygenate your blood; presumably the sun really does shine out of her arse, or that the water in food you eat does not count towards your daily intake - you have to DRINK it)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • CiB wrote:
    My k/b; the n & the g are mixed up surely. Everytime I type somthign that ends in ign it comes out as ign. Anythign, everythign does. What's goign on? Is it a US k/b layout do you think?

Edit - I see BR's ponsey autocorrect s/w didn't pick that up did it? Ha.

I use the US International keyboard - it's handy for using accents - but the layout is still the standard QWERTY. Which k/b do you have installed?
  • Rooner
    Rooner Posts: 109
    Staffy type dogs - hate them with a vengenance. My poor lurcher, who's a sensitive athletic non-violent type, has been attacked twice in the last week by the little chavvy thugs, almost resulting in a bout of fisticuffs with me and the owner.

Last attack was last night, owner was off his head on drugs in local park. Nice. So probably not an irrational hatred at all as I have cause
  • Rooner
    Rooner Posts: 109
    oh and both attacks were at either end of the city, so not the same dog
  • Sporting commentators who bring too much of themselves and their own opinions into commentary - you are a commentator, not a pundit. I don't care if you're bored or if you don't like the referee or if you disapprove of a team's tactics, and I don't want to know.

Describe the game and otherwise shut up.

c.f. Alan Green
    Specialized Allez 24
  • Sporting commentators who bring too much of themselves and their own opinions into commentary - you are a commentator, not a pundit. I don't care if you're bored or if you don't like the referee or if you disapprove of a team's tactics, and I don't want to know.

Describe the game and otherwise shut up.

c.f. Alan Green

Yep, Green should be a background colour not a foreground noise.