Commuting Forum Christmas Gathering 2010

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    CW usually stays sober enough to operate a camera, tonight might be one of those occaisons when she doesn't :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • I'm sure I now owe more people beers than owe me. Good night all round.
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • Great to meet you all, Asprilla you sloped off rather early!

Lots of new faces which is always fantastic, and hope to see you in summer and next year!
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Burning off booze and curry with laps of regents park! Two down so far but no idea where this will end. What the hell happened to winter?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Asprilla wrote:
    I poped in for a pint; nice to put some names to faces.

You are all very tall, aren't you?

I thought that!!! even asked some random people their height....all taller than me of course!! thin CP won. def nice to put faces to names to tattoos :)

Ooo, I dunno. Flying Bogey seemed a bit tall, and soundninjauk. Nice to see FB again, and SNUK for the first time.

Good night.

Just got home. Not if I pootled or if I was blown along by the wind. Either way, it seemed to take a helluva long time.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • _Brun_
    Five laps. Think I must've burned off curry cos pace is increasing. Worried about front light batteries - when is sun up?
  • _Brun_
    Ten laps. 35 mile ride home should make for a good night's sleep.

Massive thanks to Liv for being ace and organising again without the help of a PA, and Jimbo for post-pub street whisky. Congrats to the big man for the big prize despite me eclipsing it with this evening's achievements. Good to see everyone else old and new.

I'm proper f#cked right now.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    _Brun_ wrote:

Massive thanks to Liv for being ace and organising again without the help of a PA, and Jimbo for post-pub street whisky. Congrats to the big man for the big prize despite me eclipsing it with this evening's achievements. Good to see everyone else old and new.

You, sir, are a nutjob! But I agree with everything you say. Twas a good day
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • JonGinge wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

You, sir, are a nutjob! But I agree with everything you say. Twas a good day

+1 You are mental.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Really enjoyed last night. I am a bit tall i suppose, I have been called frrreeeeeaaaakkkk by some motorists in the past but i think thats a bit harsh, i'm only 6'5". CJ, a few more minutes and we could have solved the Welsh rugby problem! Look forward to another pint soon.
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • cjcp wrote:
    Ooo, I dunno. Flying Bogey seemed a bit tall, and soundninjauk. Nice to see FB again, and SNUK for the first time.

Good night.

Just got home. Not if I pootled or if I was blown along by the wind. Either way, it seemed to take a helluva long time.

Yeah, I mean I'm pretty tall but Flying Bogey is definitely higher up than I am. And good to meet you CJ (as well as many other people of course).
    FCN - 10
  • I've got a crick in my neck from chatting to flyingbogey and soundninjauk!

God knows how Cafewanda managed... :P
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I've got a crick in my neck from chatting to flyingbogey and soundninjauk!

Imagine Hatbeard has a sore head this morning, I think he fell off once trying to get on the bike and once trying to get off. Pootle to the train was a good idea I think, certainly safer than 10 miles of SE London in his state :D
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • cjcp
    CJ, a few more minutes and we could have solved the Welsh rugby problem! Look forward to another pint soon.

I don't think we were far off. Definitely. :)

Cheers for herding the cats, LiT! 8)

@dhope - :lol: yeah, wouldn't have liked to have been inside Hatbeard's head this morning.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    I'm fine, bit of a lay-in and a fry up going in the kitchen and I'm right as rain.

no more drinking and cycling for me though, that's enough experimentation in that area for me. :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • _Brun_
    Don't be so defeatist, you just need more practice.
  • cjcp
    hatbeard wrote:
    I'm fine, bit of a lay-in and a fry up going in the kitchen and I'm right as rain.

no more drinking and cycling for me though, that's enough experimentation in that area for me. :lol:

Following on from our chat last night, I may have a turbo wheel for you. The rim on my rear Open Pro is not looking particularly clever, so I may relegate it to the turbo, meanign my present turbo wheel could be up for grabs. It's slightly out of true because someone ran over it earlier this year, but it'll do for the turbo. Let me know if you're interested.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Echoing the above - very good to see/meet you all, and thanks to LiT for organising!

@stevo666, I bought your curry from LiT, hope you're feeling better
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    This is the brakeless downhill vid i mentioned to a few people last night
    http://vimeo.com/14930896
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Oddjob62 wrote:

Well that does absolutely not look like a good idea.
    FCN - 10
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Great to meet you all, Asprilla you sloped off rather early!

Sorry about that, I'd only intended to come for a pint as I had to be elsewhere. Will make more of an effort next year.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Oddjob62 wrote:

Well that does absolutely not look like a good idea.

+1 Getting UP there on FG looks like a world of pain but coming back DOWN without a blowout,,,,,

On another note that video really does make the Stelvio pass look like THE WORLD'S BEST ROAD as the Top Gear guys suggested. I can't think of anything more fun than tackling that with a 2 or 4 wheeled Italian machine :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,165
    cjcp wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ian.B wrote:
    Can I join as a late entrant, if anyone can't make it at the last minute I'll reimburse them for their curry, otherwise happy to get bar food?
    Guys 'n' girls, I am not going to be able make it, I have picked up some god awful vomiting bug that's been doing the rounds in my kid's school and I am still not quite right :( I wouldn't wish ithis on anyone !

If anyone does want to take my portion of curry, please help yourself. Will have to get myself to the Morpeth in the New year.

ITB would like a bug. :twisted:

Sounds nasty, fella. Pop down one Friday (not I'm a regular!)
    Thanks mate. I seem to have recovered now as was so hungry this morning I had to go for a massive Sunday morning fry up brekkie to make for not eating for a few days :)

True, I haven't been down to the 'Peth for a good few months now and must haul my sorry arse down there soon !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,165
    Ian.B wrote:
    Echoing the above - very good to see/meet you all, and thanks to LiT for organising!

@stevo666, I bought your curry from LiT, hope you're feeling better
    Good man, wasting curry is criminal :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I've got a crick in my neck from chatting to flyingbogey and soundninjauk!

Seeing my GP tomorrow :lol: Neckbrace on order.

Next time. You lot need to stay seated!!!

EKE. Jameson and Ginger - nice.

Redvee, no camera this time. Forgot all about it and the Guinness is on hold til the Dunwich.

Great night and being such a lightweight drinker I found myself weaving across the road en route home. Thankfully 5 lights, reflectors and light traffic at that hour of the night helped me get home safely. Hungover Saturday morning but recovered sufficiently to party hard last night with my friends. Feet were on fire by the end so walking to the car was comical. To be repeated.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    It was good to see everyone. Lots of good food, good drink (including as we walked across Vauxhall bridge) and good company.

I seem to not really get hangovers these days, but instead I felt so tired!
    I was wiped out all saturday and just watched tv/DVDs all day. I think I prefered the hangovers, at least I knew how to deal with those (bacon sarnies and lots of OJ).

I haven't had a good look at the video I shot, but what little I have watched is dark, grainy and not exactly steady. I may see if I can edit them into a little film thats worth uploading, but I think it would take an editor of Academy Award standard to turn them into something worth watching!

Big thanks to LiT for organising it (even if I only spoke to her very briefly and that was with a spycam in my hand).
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Thank you LIT for organising, was nice to meet you all! :)
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Sounds like a fun time was had by all. Wish I lived back in the homeland, not up in the grim north.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Was groovy to meet the new guys and wind up CW some more - missed doing that and seeing the old timers too. CJ you need that holiday man :D

I'm not one of the "tall" ones Asprilla don't worry but due to entertainment with bb stations being full I think I missed you...

Curry was YUM.

Hats of the Lady LiT once more rolling out a good time.

Cheers All.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    T'was a good night. Nice to meet a few more faces. I have a cricked neck from looking down all the time. :lol:

Thanks LIT, and Hatbeard perserverance.