Comments

• hatbeard wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    *ahem....

PMs... Bank details...

Don't make me collect the money you lot. it'll cost more

:lol:

Pfft, you'll have to catch us first, we're not all easy pickings like Ben Swift

(I've paid my money so I'm speaking on behalf of the others, no need to embarrass me, thank you, thank you, sorry, thank you *backs away, bowing*)

you do realize he commutes home along the same stretch of road as you right? :lol:

Having seen the Pun on his Brompton I can confirm he is rather rapid...which is all the more amusing given the size of the pilot relative to the bike.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    hatbeard wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    *ahem....

PMs... Bank details...

Don't make me collect the money you lot. it'll cost more

Pfft, you'll have to catch us first, we're not all easy pickings like Ben Swift

(I've paid my money so I'm speaking on behalf of the others, no need to embarrass me, thank you, thank you, sorry, thank you *backs away, bowing*)

you do realize he commutes home along the same stretch of road as you right? :lol:

Having seen the Pun on his Brompton I can confirm he is rather rapid...which is all the more amusing given the size of the pilot relative to the bike.

The brompton is getting a run out tomorrow. Watch out embankment :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • @CP - Excellent! Now all we need is LiT + a rather scared looking guy on a tiny motorbike to re-create the first Xmas do ride back to Victoria :-) I assume your getting train back to EC?
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Still no details LiT :(

Ok I'm starting to get the hint.

BR - failed
    FB - failed
    Txt - failed (although at least got a reply)

Next step is to sit in the bushes opposite your house with binoculars... no wait that's the other Olivia i know :twisted:

If all else fails I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way and hand you a tenner tomorrow.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Oddjob62 wrote:
    Still no details LiT :(

Ok I'm starting to get the hint.

BR - failed
    FB - failed
    Txt - failed (although at least got a reply)

Next step is to sit in the bushes opposite your house with binoculars... no wait that's the other Olivia i know :twisted:

If all else fails I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way and hand you a tenner tomorrow.

I have PM'd them to you!

EDIT: twice now...
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Yay!!! got it this time.
    And payment sent.
    See y'all tomorrow
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Clever Pun
    @CP - Excellent! Now all we need is LiT + a rather scared looking guy on a tiny motorbike to re-create the first Xmas do ride back to Victoria :-) I assume your getting train back to EC?

yes indeed.. will be in normal clothes I just wont be able to handle DDD's wandering eyes
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    @CP - Excellent! Now all we need is LiT + a rather scared looking guy on a tiny motorbike to re-create the first Xmas do ride back to Victoria :-) I assume your getting train back to EC?

yes indeed.. will be in normal clothes I just wont be able to handle DDD's wandering eyes

Excellent, is DDD even joining us this year? You'd think the Morpeth would be an ideal place to stop on his epic commute......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I might pop along for a pint of Babycham on the way home. Am I right in thinking that shenanigans start at 6.30?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Asprilla wrote:
    I might pop along for a pint of Babycham on the way home. Am I right in thinking that shenanigans start at 6.30?

There or thereabouts! I generally try to get there at 6pm, and others probably will too, so 6:30 would be fine.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun wrote:

Excellent, is DDD even joining us this year? You'd think the Morpeth would be an ideal place to stop on his epic commute on public transport......

ftfy
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Excellent, is DDD even joining us this year? You'd think the Morpeth would be an ideal place to stop on his epic commute on public transport......

ftfy

That would explain his general silence on the SCR thread.....now he's a dirty PT user he's not welcome ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    edited December 2010
    OK, notsoblue and flyingbogey now removed from curry list.

EDIT: flyingbogey now reinstated.

EDIT: And notsoblue...
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    What an idiot I am.
    Chain a bit noisy, while cleaning see bent link. Pop off the bent one, grab a replacement. Ah, where was that replacement. Oh, I don't have one. Can I force the old one back in for a day? Can I bollocks. Can't shorten it, don't have a replacement, Morpeth sans bike tomorrow :evil: :evil:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    dhope wrote:
    What an idiot I am.
    Chain a bit noisy, while cleaning see bent link. Pop off the bent one, grab a replacement. Ah, where was that replacement. Oh, I don't have one. Can I force the old one back in for a day? Can I bollocks. Can't shorten it, don't have a replacement, Morpeth sans bike tomorrow :evil: :evil:

balls, I was relying on you to guide me back to greenwich... :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Sorted.
    Fixed it with papier mache and some twine, now just have to wait for the chain to fall off after a few shandies when we're halfway back.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    Sorted.
    Fixed it with papier mache and some twine, now just have to wait for the chain to fall off after a few shandies when we're halfway back.

No sticky back plastic and a Fairy washing up liquid bottle for a Blue Peter-esque fix ;-)
    At least if the chain failed then you'd still have all the parts to make a nice model of Tracey Island :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • hatbeard wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    What an idiot I am.

balls, I was relying on you to guide me back to greenwich... :lol:

DHope - shame, hang your head in shame....

HB - looks like you might have to rely on me and Zephr to guide you home :lol:
  • dhope wrote:
    Sorted.

arrrgh, should have read this post too....well done chap...see you avec velo. looks like you might have 3 of us to help you limp home if the twine gives up on you :lol:
  • dhope wrote:
    Sorted.

arrrgh, should have read this post too....well done chap...see you avec velo. looks like you might have 3 of us to help you limp home if the twine gives up on you :lol:

You can form a nice little chain gang :-) IGMC....
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    This evening happens to be my office party but it doesn't start until 21:00. I will have a chunk of time between work & party, so I will try & pop along & say hello :)
  • asprilla
    Pufftmw wrote:
    This evening happens to be my office party but it doesn't start until 21:00. I will have a chunk of time between work & party, so I will try & pop along & say hello :)

Last night was out office party. There was nearly a riot when the canteen had no bacon at 9.30 this morning.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Asprilla wrote:
    Last night was out office party. There was nearly a riot when the canteen had no bacon at 9.30 this morning.

Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Bit old for a student aren't you Asprilla? :twisted: :wink:
  • asprilla
    Cafewanda wrote:

Screw tuition fees, this is bacon we are talking about; it's serious business and it could impact the rest of my morning.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Cafewanda wrote:

What makes you think students can afford bacon?
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Cafewanda wrote:

What makes you think students can afford bacon?

Bacon what a bloody good idea :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Can I join as a late entrant, if anyone can't make it at the last minute I'll reimburse them for their curry, otherwise happy to get bar food?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Ian.B wrote:
    Can I join as a late entrant, if anyone can't make it at the last minute I'll reimburse them for their curry, otherwise happy to get bar food?

Of course you're more than welcome.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    Ian.B wrote:

Of course you're more than welcome.

The more the merrier! Although I don't necessarily mean this in the same way that ITB gets merry at each of these meet-ups.....;-)

BTW ITB, your new avatar makes you look like a bodybuilder :shock:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5