Commuting Forum Christmas Gathering 2010

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I'll try to be along for my yearly appearance at the Morpeth....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064

Is that because you are in fact father Christmas?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Headhuunter
    itboffin wrote:

Is that because you are in fact father Christmas?

Yes! I'll have presents for all the good boys and girls. If you think you deserve it, tell me what you want
  • if you're really going to have presents I may just have to come along....
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    @ HH aka FC - mine's a custom bike from Roberts Cycles :)

I've been exceptionally good this year 8)
  • Headhuunter
    Cafewanda wrote:

Oh that's a big ask. I'll have to check my records. You need to have been VERY good to earn something like that...
  • Cafewanda wrote:

Oh that's a big ask. I'll have to check my records. You need to have been VERY good to earn something like that...

well, CW did buy a round in the pub the other day....and she did cycle all the way up the hill in Greenwich Park without winging.... :lol:
  • Headhuunter
    Cafewanda wrote:

well, CW did buy a round in the pub the other day....and she did cycle all the way up the hill in Greenwich Park without winging.... :lol:

Oh OK then you twisted my arm but Santa will need a large sherry and a bag of organic carrots for the reindeers....
  • Cafewanda
    Done!!! Makes a note to pop into Waitrose on 9th Dec to stock up

Thanks CB :D
  • I'd better make the effort to get to whereever it is this event is now...just to see the reindeer of course! ....where is it again?
  • Headhuunter
    I'd better make the effort to get to whereever it is this event is now...just to see the reindeer of course! ....where is it again?

It's this place
    http://www.youngs.co.uk/pub-detail.asp?PubID=428
    Ho, ho, ho etc...
  • Alrighty then, so we have a date... Do people want to sign up at this stage? I ask because I want people to be sure they're coming before signing up for food - I have to pay in advance for food, you see, and last year there were a couple of commuters who signed up then didn't show up, so I had to foot their bill.

Shall we run 2 lists - food and no food? What do people think? Is it too early in the year to commit to the 10th of December?
  • Cafewanda
    Food. Me. How much?

10th December suits me perfeckly but happy to move to another Friday if need be.
  • itboffin
    Alrighty then, so we have a date... Do people want to sign up at this stage? I ask because I want people to be sure they're coming before signing up for food - I have to pay in advance for food, you see, and last year there were a couple of commuters who signed up then didn't show up, so I had to foot their bill.

Shall we run 2 lists - food and no food? What do people think? Is it too early in the year to commit to the 10th of December?

Yes pay in advance and NO it should be food or dont come :evil:

Now that I'll ask one more time do we want the "SCR trophy" this year? I also had my eye on a couple of other awards.....

:roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Well I've just jumped in for 10th before reading the "we have a date" post above. I did mean to vote during the week but I think I must have missed this "sticky" thread ;-)

Looking at my potential work for that day I should be working close by or at least in town :-D
    Can't be much worse then last years snow+commute from Euston station :cry:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • It's definitely not too early! Let's face it, if we can plan to do sportives next June we can surely plan for the pub in 5 weeks' time?

I agree with Greg66 that it's simplest to just have one list of attendees assuming that everyone needs to eat. Pre-payment would ensure LiT doesn't get stung by non attendees - perhaps PM with bank details / send a cheque or give money at Morpeth sometime between now and then? Means LiT (or her designated money collector) might have to go to the pub every week which doesn't sound all bad.

I thought the awards were fun last year so would be happy to see them come through!
  • Can be there on the 10th, however, not really interested in the food. Hope that's OK.
    Hello! I've been here over a month now.
  • Yep, I don't want people to think they have to eat to come along, that's definitely not the case!

From experience, we're there from about 6pm until the pub closes, so people can come along any time. I shall start a list for food then, on the first page... let me know if you want to be added to it. I'm not sure yet what the cost is going to be - when I know I'll put it up!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Yes please for food :D
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    Eating is cheating FACT, yes plse for food ;-)

If you could make sure that they source the meat from Spain that would be lovely.

As for the awards, of course it wouldn't be right if we didn't have an SCR of the year however whilst lurking in condor I did spot some TdF lapel jersey pins, I was thinking along the lines of the tour for places;

Green = most posted scalps
    Polka dot = well ...
    Yellow = could be stats leader?
    White = entertaining noob award

There should also be some kind of lanterne rouge, no!?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Another one for food! :D (Didn't actually get to eat any last year!)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Food yes. :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    count me in [pending approval from swmbo]
    Hat + Beard
  • What is the food going to be?

I will be there, just depends on what the food is

stonking curry last time!

And very likely to be curry again this time, it's proved popular the last 2 years, and if people really don't like curry they can order something else from the kitchen, but shouldn't put themselves on the 'food' list!

And very likely to be curry again this time, it's proved popular the last 2 years, and if people really don't like curry they can order something else from the kitchen, but shouldn't put themselves on the 'food' list!

OK, I will be there.

Reserve me a seat at the food table but I will order something from the kitchem

Cheers
  • itboffin
    What is the food going to be?

OK, I will be there.

Cheers

Because i'm such a gent, i'll eat your extra "paid" for curry - sigh! when will endless good deeds stop.

:lol:

OK, I will be there.

Cheers

There's not a food table as such, it's just a room with tables in it and people milling around eating and drinking.

Last year I managed to get the room itself for nothing, hopefully I will manage the same this year.
  • Last year I managed to get the room itself for nothing, hopefully I will manage the same this year.

Work your magic :D

Twas brilliant!