Commuting Forum Christmas Gathering 2010

Comments

• hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Glad I checked the thread again, was just about to go run 10k to fulfil my exercise quota for the day and get PT to the morpeth instead.

Will sit on my arse instead for next few hours and cycle up as originally planned then. :D

My backpack with the faghettaboudit chain and mini-d lock in will provide ample exercise anyhow (as I found out riding home with it last night, whew!).
    Hat + Beard
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    hatbeard wrote:
    Glad I checked the thread again, was just about to go run 10k to fulfil my exercise quota for the day and get PT to the morpeth instead.

Will sit on my ars* instead for next few hours and cycle up as originally planned then. :D

My backpack with the faghettaboudit chain and mini-d lock in will provide ample exercise anyhow (as I found out riding home with it last night, whew!).

Ah, so I need not bring my lock? Perfect, what time are you getting there? :lol:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,165
    Ian.B wrote:
    Can I join as a late entrant, if anyone can't make it at the last minute I'll reimburse them for their curry, otherwise happy to get bar food?
    Guys 'n' girls, I am not going to be able make it, I have picked up some god awful vomiting bug that's been doing the rounds in my kid's school and I am still not quite right :( I wouldn't wish ithis on anyone !

If anyone does want to take my portion of curry, please help yourself. Will have to get myself to the Morpeth in the New year.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hatbeard
    edited December 2010
    dhope wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:

Will sit on my ars* instead for next few hours and cycle up as originally planned then. :D

Ah, so I need not bring my lock? Perfect, what time are you getting there? :lol:

I can meet you at your work if you wanna ride up there with us. let me know what time you plan on finishing. I'm in greenwich so will need at least an hours notice to get my crap together and ride up though, but I'm planning on going over the river at london bridge and heading up that way anyways as it's the route I know best.

the mini d only fits one bike but there'll be enough space to lock up two bikes with the chain I'd imagine

edit: on second thoughts I might head up early, will be there by six. just call me when you get there.. :)
    Hat + Beard
  • I can get a dabs on railing space as I imagine I'll be over the 'peth around 17:45, I suspect on my Jack Jones, but will lock up the bike and should be able to lash another to mine using the cable if need be!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I can get a dabs on railing space as I imagine I'll be over the 'peth around 17:45, I suspect on my Jack Jones, but will lock up the bike and should be able to lash another to mine using the cable if need be!

I'll be there about the same time and have brought the heavy duty chain. I'll be leaving early though.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Hope to be there around 6.15. Will have a d-lock.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Will be there about 6, with a D-Lock & Cable. I hope there will still railing space left!
  • Looks like I'm the only one PT-ing it there. Don't judge me...
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    edited December 2010
    Boris biking there - reckon 6-6.30

EDIT: I have a lock (feck knows why) but will bring it just incase
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    hatbeard wrote:
    edit: on second thoughts I might head up early, will be there by six. just call me when you get there.. :)

Will do, ta
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Looks like I'm the only one PT-ing it there. Don't judge me...

PT-ing it as well. Its a horrible thought.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • cjcp
    Looks like I'm the only one PT-ing it there. Don't judge me...

Consider yourself judged. You'll be the weird looking one with the crazy twitch, right? :)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I can get a dabs on railing space as I imagine I'll be over the 'peth around 17:45, I suspect on my Jack Jones, but will lock up the bike and should be able to lash another to mine using the cable if need be!

I shouldn't be too far behind you, subject to trains & black ice :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    JZed wrote:

BORIS BIKE THERE - GENIUS!!! :D:D:D

I'll be coming this way too - there's a stand outside my office and one at the end of Vauxhall Bridge - sorted :D

I'm going to break my Boris Cherry - whoop!
  • itboffin wrote:

I shouldn't be too far behind you, subject to trains & black ice :?

Well I'll be nice n easy to spot in my high-vis jacket.....or if I have removed it the grey top. Not that I'm expecting a bunch of cyclist to blend into the usual Friday night crowd there. Mind you it's a little more subtle then during the summer :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Pufftmw wrote:
    JZed wrote:

I'll be coming this way too - there's a stand outside my office and one at the end of Vauxhall Bridge - sorted :D

BB Racing? By the sound of things we missed a trick with Embankment being dead last night we could have had races from Morpeth>LBR>Morpeth! On the BB gearing that would have been a proper spin fest :lol:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Pufftmw wrote:
    JZed wrote:

BB Racing? By the sound of things we missed a trick with Embankment being dead last night we could have had races from Morpeth>LBR>Morpeth! On the BB gearing that would have been a proper spin fest :lol:

That would be just a drag race - get some traffic in there and then its a proper commuter run :)

Variation on a pub game perhaps?
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Pufftmw wrote:
    Pufftmw wrote:
    JZed wrote:

That would be just a drag race - get some traffic in there and then its a proper commuter run :)

Variation on a pub game perhaps?

Ummmm - glad I left the bike at home if we are talking drinking games involving Boris bikes already.
  • cjcp
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ian.B wrote:
    Can I join as a late entrant, if anyone can't make it at the last minute I'll reimburse them for their curry, otherwise happy to get bar food?
    Guys 'n' girls, I am not going to be able make it, I have picked up some god awful vomiting bug that's been doing the rounds in my kid's school and I am still not quite right :( I wouldn't wish ithis on anyone !

If anyone does want to take my portion of curry, please help yourself. Will have to get myself to the Morpeth in the New year.

ITB would like a bug. :twisted:

Sounds nasty, fella. Pop down one Friday (not I'm a regular!)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Sadly I can't make it. I have been hit by a slightly different vomiting "bug" after last night's office party and have been "working from home" today. I'll have to try and get down there before next year seeing as I'm missing out on my annual appearance! Have a good one all.
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    And although my kayaking trip has been cancelled due to lack of rain, I still have Man Flu and therefore can barely leave my sofa. Have a good one and try not to crash too much on the way home !
    Misguided Idealist
  • hatbeard
    There already so you lot are all 1 pint behind better hurry up... :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I poped in for a pint; nice to put some names to faces.

You are all very tall, aren't you?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Good to see so many old & new faces tonight, most of which I owe at least one beer.

Safe journey home peeps
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    itboffin wrote:
    Good to see so many old & new faces tonight, most of which I owe at least one beer.

Safe journey home peeps

Shame I missed it. Next year perhaps.....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Sorry I couldn't make it. Too much domestic shizzle going on. Roll on the summer bash.
  • Asprilla wrote:
    I poped in for a pint; nice to put some names to faces.

You are all very tall, aren't you?

I thought that!!! even asked some random people their height....all taller than me of course!! thin CP won. def nice to put faces to names to tattoos :)
  • itboffin wrote:

Safe journey home peeps

yes. yes.....you owe me a beer....maybe :lol:
    you did slope off early....?!
  • Dalton
    Dalton Posts: 265
    This thread is useless without pictures !!
    :D