Bhima.....

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Of all Bhima's extraordinary claims if he had said his real name was Bhima I'd have said it was the least likely claim! Always assumed it was a random made up name.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    An adaptation of bhimas race report on the wheelers forum. Raced, crashed, chased, lapped.
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    a_n_t wrote:
    An adaptation of bhimas race report on the wheelers forum. Raced, crashed, chased, lapped.

That sounds like A Day in the Life of a Springer Spaniel.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Bhima stopped 1/2 way up the cat and fiddle today.. needed some emergency energy to get to the top?

577591_10150995294167576_15146077575_13221213_947120846_n.jpg
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Never seen that shot before, would like to hear the story behind it, anyway I'm definitely robbing that picture for my blog!
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    It was on the Bike Radar Facebook page today, I don't know any more about it than that.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Movistar were forced to resort to desperate measures after the UCI took all their drugs away...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    It's an experiment to see if the cow's milk has the same performance enhancing properties as their meat. These Spaniards are at the cutting edge of assessing the use of bovine products in boosting cycling ability.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I saw the man himself today - he was riding the CDNW Bole Hill 3/4 race. Perfectly suited to a climber - does anyone know if he won it?
    More problems but still living....
  • Pross
    Doesn't show up in the 42 finishers on the provisional results. Must have crossed the line too fast for the judges to see his number :lol:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Didn't someone predict these results?

:wink:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • amaferanga
    DNF I believe. Same as me, but at least I was in the E/1/2 and not the baby race.
  • kettrinboy
    kettrinboy Posts: 613
    Well he certainly does what he says on his tin as far as the CF goes, good effort by Willhub as well to be in front of Mark Lovatt.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661

Ooh wilihub, that must burn! ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    I haven't logged into Cake Stop in at least a year and was just wondering whether Bhima ever pinned a number on and if his "amazing" numbers ever translated into the inevitable triumph and glory he prophesised.

I have my answer.

Is Bole Hill the one near Buxton? I got a 6th place there once, despite going off piste on the bend before the climb to the finish.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • amaferanga
    kettrinboy wrote:
    Well he certainly does what he says on his tin as far as the CF goes, good effort by Willhub as well to be in front of Mark Lovatt.

As always with Strava, it not a level playing field. You've got guys like Mark Lovatt out doing a 130km ride that includes the C&F. Then you've got guys like Bhima and Willhub going out to ride up one hill as fast as they can, presumably with the intention of scoring a Strava KoM. I bet Mark Lovatt could ride up quicker....
  • apriliarider
    apriliarider Posts: 222
    From 2002 -

Mark Lovatt Compensation Group R.T. 19-33.6

:shock:
  • He doesnt ride much does he.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    amaferanga wrote:
    kettrinboy wrote:

As always with Strava, it not a level playing field. You've got guys like Mark Lovatt out doing a 130km ride that includes the C&F. Then you've got guys like Bhima and Willhub going out to ride up one hill as fast as they can, presumably with the intention of scoring a Strava KoM. I bet Mark Lovatt could ride up quicker....

Rubbish, how is me doing the cat and fiddle in a 100km+ hilly ride going out to ride up one hill? Do I ride up the cat as fast as I can? Yes, do I care that Mark Lovatt is faster than me up the Cat? No.

Quit the bullshite.
  • amaferanga
    willhub wrote:
    Rubbish, how is me doing the cat and fiddle in a 100km+ hilly ride going out to ride up one hill? Do I ride up the cat as fast as I can? Yes, do I care that Mark Lovatt is faster than me up the Cat? No.

Quit the bullshite.

According to Strava your ride that day was 11km. Good for you if you did 100km, but that's not what others see when they look at Strava.
  • HiMoz
    HiMoz Posts: 62
    In Wills defense he often splits his rides up-
    http://app.strava.com/rides/6134500
    http://app.strava.com/rides/6136325
    http://app.strava.com/rides/6142691

I call bullshit on anything thats put up on Strava, it isnt renowned for its accuracy where as timekeepers are. There are two club hill climbs up the C&F in July so watch this space :)
  • willhub
    I always used to split my rides up.

And yes, Strava always messes with rides.
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    Anyway, where's this 'big' climb on the Cat and Fiddle? When I look at the profile on the Strava segment it's a nice gentle climb for 10.5 km and after the first 4 km it's almost flat!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Unfortunately in NW England, it's about the longest there is!

:(
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • willhub
    schweiz wrote:
    Anyway, where's this 'big' climb on the Cat and Fiddle? When I look at the profile on the Strava segment it's a nice gentle climb for 10.5 km and after the first 4 km it's almost flat!

I don't get the snobbishness regarding climbs in england, anyone can make a 10.5km piece of flat feel harder than a climb if they want to.

Oh and my KOM on the Cat and Fiddle when I got it was not accurate since I actually stopped to wait for Bhima on one of the tight corners but he was on an easy day so I set off after like 15 seconds. Strava and mobile phones is a POS.
  • schweiz
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Unfortunately in NW England, it's about the longest there is!

:(

Being born in Oldham, I know the trans-pennine routes i.e. A62, Isle of Skye (A635), Snake Pass, Nont Sarah's (A640) and Cat and Fiddle fairly well. I've had my fair share of battles up there, if not with the gradient, with the wind and rain. In fact my first 'proper' bike ride as a 13/14 year old was to see the ToB as it went over Holme Moss which I reached in the pouring rain over the Isle of Skye from Royton via Greenfield.

I was just fishing and it looks like I've got one! Although it was a bit predictable!

:lol:
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    If I was Bhima I'd be well chuffed... 21 pages of discussion about a guy who rides a bike at an amateur level.
  • schweiz
    willhub wrote:
    schweiz wrote:
    I don't get the snobbishness regarding climbs in england, anyone can make a 10.5km piece of flat feel harder than a climb if they want to.

Try making a 10 km flat ride harder than this..... http://www.climbbybike.com/profile.asp? ... ainID=5175 or from the other side http://www.climbbybike.com/profile.asp? ... ainID=5174 or this http://www.climbbybike.com/profile.asp? ... ainID=5362
  • willhub
    schweiz wrote:
    willhub wrote:
    schweiz wrote:

Try making a 10 km flat ride harder than this..... http://www.climbbybike.com/profile.asp? ... ainID=5175 or from the other side http://www.climbbybike.com/profile.asp? ... ainID=5174 or this http://www.climbbybike.com/profile.asp? ... ainID=5362

If I did a 10 mile TT on a flat road it's about as tiring as doing a 10 mile hill.