Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Sunday 26 June
    Forecast

Partly Cloudy
    High 22°C
    Low 13°C

Chance of Precip.
    20%

not wet ian its looking good :), im not taking any wets as i might have to pedal me way home as the mrs needs the car so droping me off in the morning will take some lights incase we get back and its getting dark, so if you need my roof bike racks let me know?

Cya in the morning peeps :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • ianm59 wrote:
    Nant trip.
    Darren 8.30 Quakers Yard roundabout (fiddlers elbow). Most people seem to park just off the roundabout on the left. Can you text me so I can have your number Mine is 07968500908. Ben and James are you going to meet at the same point. If you need directions call me.
    Tidy group again lads, its going to be a cracker, albeit a wet one.
    Taking some sarnies, nice places to stop to have a bite to eat.

Hi Ian,

Where is the quakers yard roundabout? Me and James should be there about 8:30 but not sure which on it is! :)
  • Pr][nCe
    search on google maps for fiddlers elbow its the smaller roundabout just off the big one to aberdare turnoff on the a470
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    I know it :D I'll get us there Benjamin..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • hehe just got off the phone to Ian, its the roundabout I go round to get to work lol... I know were we be going! :D
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Forecast is good. When I said wet, I meant we will get wet from the feet up. Looking forward to this now.
    Just to let you know Darren, looks like we wont need your racks. We can drop you off at Porth when we are back if the Mrs has the car.
    Thought about cleaning the bike today in the excitment of tomorrow. :D
    Cheers all, see some of you at 8 others at 8.30. 8)
  • Aye am quite looking forward to it too!

Packed my starmix and "blood pack", just doing some sarnies!
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    Have funs guys.

So I know where the one dh run is on machen

This one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX838LY52ss&feature=channel_video_title

I have gone past where they start loads. but where does this one start:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=machen+downhill
  • Pr][nCe
    Ah nice one Ian cheers guys, new tyre on the rear, suspension checked and adjusted, chain lubed, jelly babies, flapjack and a banana in me bag.

cya in da mornin peeps :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Pr][nCe
    Cracking ride today peeps.
    Myself, Old Ian, Ian, Ben, James, Gareth, Ashley, Sion, Leon, Paul.
    Nant Yr Arion. beautiful place.

First bit of freewheel sectionstoped to sort gopro out, then had a off lol good start to the day lmao.

but after all the sun was blistering hot, so all the mini lakes we had to go through wasnt to bad as they were warm :wink:

will get the vids up asap peeps, ok back to cleaning this.

DSC_4509.jpg
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • sounds like fun :D get the crashes out of the way at the beginning.

due to my work hours i tend to ride mid week in the afternoons so doubt i will ever make it to one of these rides. and after getting truly smoked by 2 single speeders up at castell coch earlier i think i need to keep getting fitter! lol

mutters***single speed! feckin grow up*****
    Cube Acid 2011
  • ianm59
    A message from OLD IAN wink:
    Thanks everyone for making this an enjoyable day out, AGAIN. :D
    Hope the singletrack and the scenery made up for the climbs. Felt a little ill coming down in the car , think the sun was a bit direct on the leg burner. Not much hair as protection these days.
    Once again brilliant day and thanks to all for making it so.
    Where to next ????? 8)
  • lloydy-gt
    lloydy-gt Posts: 33
    Yes i really enjoyed today :D . Absolutely knackered now! Hope everyone had a good time to :)
    GT AGGRESSOR XC2 2009
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS 2010
    http://www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk
  • BISHYBOY
    BISHYBOY Posts: 6
    Had a cracking day today boys, apologies for the punctures. how i got one on the leg burner is beyond me, must have pinch flatted going so fast :wink: .

great company, great weather and great puddles.

when we out again.
  • Brilliant day out :D enjoyed it, long ass climbs but worth it (i think ha!). I'm shattered now though!

Everyone got the awesome sun tan?
    White hands, white upper arms and brown in between.. :lol:
  • Welsh_Tom
    good one guys. gutted i missed out.

i am off tuesday and wednesday so whos up for a ride one/both days?

Also ian i am off for 2 week starting from the 9th so if anyone wonts a day trip away more then happy to drive anywhere
  • I might be able to do wed if were talking an afternoon thing. I'm probably alot slower than all these guys though. Lol
    Cube Acid 2011
  • Welsh_Tom
    i only been rideing 3 months dude
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    glad you had a good one guys 8)

i got my bike out of the shed last night and i think the BB has gone. the pedals are really stiff to push around...sound like a bottom bracket? :?
  • ianm59
    Hi Kev, long time no see.
    Cranks will generally seize if they are left long enough without turning :wink:
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    Hi Guys,

Had a great weekend on the bike, managed to get a away with a few Lads

Rode
    Brechfa Gorlech & Raven on Saturday

Sunday rode an amazing trail called Cwm Rhaeadr, its a small 7km Rowan Sorrell built trail near Llandovery managed a couple of laps sporting a vicious hangover.

Hope you all enjoyed Nant.
  • Welsh_Tom wrote:
    i only been rideing 3 months dude

me to mate....been off the bike for about 5 years before that so still trying to find my fitness! and also trying to get my balls back from the missus so i stop bottling things! :D
    Cube Acid 2011
  • Only went out on my first ride in about 10 years at the weekend so fitness is going to have to be built on, although cycling to work everyday should help that!

Just went for a spin around Lisvane to Castel Coch, nothing to serious to start off with.
    Focus Black Hills 2011 (Beginner)
  • brad_boy
    brad_boy Posts: 13
    i was over at Brechfa yesterday, stunning morning with not too many out! Trails were riding really nicely 8)
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Panda & brad boy - good to hear you've both been out. The Nant Yr Arian trip was an epic ride, in all senses of the word - epically hot, epic climbs - epic distance. You'll have to join us for something like that soon.

I've got a few pics of Arian, just getting the motivation to get them off my phone and on to here :roll:

I'm still aching all over from it. right foot is really sore after catching it on a rock about 200 meters coming back to the visitors centre :roll: I was so tired getting home (thanks again Ben for doing the driving, really good of you thanks) I made the mistake (bike upside down putting the rear wheel back on) of putting my finger in to the disc as the back wheel was turning; it jammed between the disc and chain stay and I almost chopped the top of my finger off. Lots of blood. Aawch :x

Awesome trip though guys - i always say never again but I'm sure I'll put myself through it again soon

I'll get the pics up soon
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • ti man
    ti man Posts: 41
    Old Ian :wink:
    Thanks for the transport. Cheers lads for a top day out. Darren you got it so wrong, after listening to Ian's music genre the blokes a party animal, I feel bloody ancient in comparison. Thanks again all...
  • welshkev
    ianm59 wrote:
    Hi Kev, long time no see.
    Cranks will generally seize if they are left long enough without turning :wink:

Cheeky barsteward......lol :-)
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    cubefritzz006.jpg

found this today!![/img]
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • welshkev wrote:
    glad you had a good one guys 8)

i got my bike out of the shed last night and i think the BB has gone. the pedals are really stiff to push around...sound like a bottom bracket? :?

Strip, clean and grease :wink:
  • welshkev
    cwmboyo wrote:
    cubefritzz006.jpg

found this today!![/img]

where's that? the chainstay? :shock:

BEN: cool, anyone got a tool to take out the BB? :lol: