south wales Rides?

Comments

• miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    weeksy59 wrote:
    miss notax wrote:
    Anyone riding at Cwmcarn this Saturday late afternoon? Notax and I are up for the weekend and thinking of doing a quick blast or two about 5pm or so... :D

I'm up for that :)

Bit later than i had planned, but if it means i have someone to ride with then i'll come play. I'm over in St Davids in the morning, driving back whenever.. not been there yet but do fancy it :)

PM me if you want some company.

Now not riding Cwmcarn :(

We need to fit (car) wheels and tyres in the car too, and sadly there is only so much space in a volvo estate! Have fun if you are out :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • LarJones
    LarJones Posts: 88
    Hi guys,

I'm a fourth year civil engineering student, working on the Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr hospital project near Ystrad Mynach for the summer, starting next Monday.

Basically I was wondering if anyone who understood the need for bikes had a spare room available in the area? I'm obviously happy to pay my way, and help with cleaning and whatnot. If you've got anything which might fit the bill, or can point us towards something that might be good just drop us a pm.

Regardless of where I'm living, I'll still be looking for people to ride with at weekends, so I expect I'll be on here looking to tag along fairly soon! Where do you guys normally ride? I'm obviously working pretty close to Cwmcarn, so I'll be keen to explore that (I think it's one of the only welsh trail centres I've not ridden, not quite sure why!) but I'm also up for some natural stuff.

Cheers, and look forward to getting out on the bike with some of you soon!

Lawrence
  • Is anyone riding sunday at all?
    Focus Black Hills 2011 (Beginner)
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    LarJones wrote:
    Hi guys,

I'm a fourth year civil engineering student, working on the Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr hospital project near Ystrad Mynach for the summer, starting next Monday.

Basically I was wondering if anyone who understood the need for bikes had a spare room available in the area? I'm obviously happy to pay my way, and help with cleaning and whatnot. If you've got anything which might fit the bill, or can point us towards something that might be good just drop us a pm.

Regardless of where I'm living, I'll still be looking for people to ride with at weekends, so I expect I'll be on here looking to tag along fairly soon! Where do you guys normally ride? I'm obviously working pretty close to Cwmcarn, so I'll be keen to explore that (I think it's one of the only welsh trail centres I've not ridden, not quite sure why!) but I'm also up for some natural stuff.

Cheers, and look forward to getting out on the bike with some of you soon!

Lawrence
    Cant help you with the accomodation, but you will be more than welcome to join us for rides. Usually Tuesday and Thursday evening and Sunday am. Mixture of local stuff plus the odd day away. :D
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Is anyone riding sunday at all?

hi mate, i've just got off the phone with my mate lee and we'll probably fit a quick loop in at cwmcarn. i'll let you know for sure though :D

have a great one at nant guys, sorry i can't make it :(
  • welshkev
    right, ridden this year by me is:

cwmcarn (obviously :lol: )
    afan
    nant yr arian
    llandegla
    coed y brenin
    forest of dean

next on my list is either penmachno or macythlyth (sp) which would you guys reccommend?
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    ianm59 wrote:
    James and Ben are you guys still coming cos we will need to meet you at the same place, its just off the A470

Hi Ian. I can't speak for Ben or assume he's cool with me jumping in his etc but I'm still up for it Sunday, I'll wait for Ben to confirm though. If Ben isn't riding I'll prob have to bow out too but we'll see :D

Hi LarJones - again sorry can't help with the accomodation (plus you could be 'a crazy' :lol:) but as Ian said we're out pretty regular so you're more than welcome to come out with us. What you ride?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Weather stopes play again today gggrrr.

Del where you gone mukka long time no see.

Kev, anyone sounds good to me :)

James hope you and Ben are going to nant.

Ian looks like the weather is with us for the nant trip yippy,
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • ianm59 wrote:
    James and Ben are you guys still coming cos we will need to meet you at the same place, its just off the A470

Hi Ian. I can't speak for Ben or assume he's cool with me jumping in his etc but I'm still up for it Sunday, I'll wait for Ben to confirm though. If Ben isn't riding I'll prob have to bow out too but we'll see :D

Oooo guilt trip? haha!

Yeah I'm up for it! (sorry I didn't txt you back the other day bud). Need to sort times etc!
  • LarJones
    LarJones Posts: 88
    ianm59 and squarepants - No worries about the accommodation, thought it might have been worth a try, seeing as some crazy (sane?) people seem to think three bikes is excessive and people on here might understand!

I've got an orange 222 for riding down big hills, a roadie for when I'm too poor to drive and a Ragley blue pig for pretty much everything, so pretty keen for anything on a bike really.

Will be good to see you out soon, depending on what times you start evening rides sound pretty damn tempting too!

Cheers,

Lawrence
  • Squarepants
    Good to hear your a proper bike enthusiast too Lar, I'm guessing you'll be on the pig for Cwmcarn?

No worries Ben that's cool, I saw you were otherwise engaged that night. cool fella we'll sort out times etc other the textmcphone :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Squarepants
    Kinky :wink:
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    Squarepants
    i hate my job i misss all the fun :lol:
  • welshkev
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    Squarepants
    i hate my job i misss all the fun :lol:

me too :(

and larjones: welcome 8)
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    welshkev wrote:
    right, ridden this year by me is:

cwmcarn (obviously :lol: )
    afan
    nant yr arian
    llandegla
    coed y brenin
    forest of dean

next on my list is either penmachno or macythlyth (sp) which would you guys reccommend?

Cwmcarn
    Y Wal
    Skyline
    Whites Level
    FOD

And riding Brechfa Gorlech and Raven Tommorrow, And Cwm Rhaeder Sunday

Happy Days 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

And i have just ordered my new steed but not telling what it is yet :wink:
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    Ok here you go

Mountain Bike to follow on Monday :D
  • Welsh_Tom
    Ok here you go

Mountain Bike to follow on Monday :D

i have been folling you :shock: so i know what you are getting :lol:
  • Squarepants
    Looks good sladey glad you're getting it sorted. A rodie though, do you have the body for full lycra? :lol:

Tom - Are you getting the Nerve 6.0? If so there's a review on it in next months MBR mag. There's a right up on the 7.0 in this months too, just thought you'd like to know.

Ian - what sort of ride are we expecting on Sunday, XC epic? What sort of terrain/riding time etc we looking at just so I can choose tyres etc..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Afan - the wall, W2
    Cwm carn - all and out there routes :)
    Wentwood 25k enduro
    Brechfa - Darwen Green and Blue, Raven.
    The bigpit
    The Gap.
    CRC MTB marathon series Llandovery 25k.

nant yr arian - Syfydrin on Sunday. :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • griffter
    griffter Posts: 52
    its more of a epic if we do the long one weather depending but terrain is pretty smooth singletrack you want fast rollers but it will be boggy in the more exposed place's.ride time up to 4hours long :D hope this helps james
    cube ams 150 race 2011
  • Squarepants
    Cheers bud that's exactly what I needed to know. 4 hours :shock: I'm feeling tired already :D

Will bring flapjacks and sweeties
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • griffter wrote:
    its more of a epic if we do the long one weather depending but terrain is pretty smooth singletrack you want fast rollers but it will be boggy in the more exposed place's.ride time up to 4hours long :D hope this helps james

Is that 4 hours at your pace or mine :wink:
    hehehe.

I'll pack this:
    WP_000132.jpg
  • Welsh_Tom

Tom - Are you getting the Nerve 6.0? If so there's a review on it in next months MBR mag. There's a right up on the 7.0 in this months too, just thought you'd like to know.

yar i read this months, they did not say much about it as it was a little go in the car park job by the sounds of it :lol:

but they did say it rode like they had rode it many times before.

and yes i am not looking forword to that next tuesday :lol: hope its get 10 out of 10 or i will be p i ssy
  • Welsh_Tom
    I doubt very much that you would be disappointed!
  • griffter
    griffter Posts: 52
    4hours @ a casual pace :lol: nants my favorite trail centre and i will chill out 2 enjoy it i only ride it couple of time a year :)
    ben that looks delicious :P
    cube ams 150 race 2011
  • griffter
    :D good stuff!

I was digging paths in Bedwas Infant School today... reckon I shifted a good few tonnes of dirt/hardcore/chippings so i'm aching like a mofo! rest day tomorrow so should be fighting fit!

I hope it tastes as good as it looks.... wonder if I can set it up as a drip lol!
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    im off up mynyddislwyn today then into cwmcarn
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Welsh_Tom
    Are you going up the never ending hill? :lol:
    Kev, what time you going up sunday? I was thinking 6.30 if you are around
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Nant trip.
    Darren 8.30 Quakers Yard roundabout (fiddlers elbow). Most people seem to park just off the roundabout on the left. Can you text me so I can have your number Mine is 07968500908. Ben and James are you going to meet at the same point. If you need directions call me.
    Tidy group again lads, its going to be a cracker, albeit a wet one.
    Taking some sarnies, nice places to stop to have a bite to eat.