south wales Rides?

Comments

• Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    Anyone go today?

Been pissing it down in Ystrad Mynach since about 3pm!

kel went at 4, i was running late due to rl so was sitting in my car till 4:30 on phone, desided by then not to bother. some guys are going up now for 6, kel told me not to bother the track is more like a river :lol:

1 waisted day off. can not wait for new bike,. it was so nice at 10am i was wun bithing :lol:

Yes and the trail was bone dry @ 10 this morning

yes but i dont like the idea of going up by my self on this old bike, i will not mind on my new toy.
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    pinceuker just a quick question bud, on your youtube u have a full frame picture but on mine there are two black lines on each side, i have the HD 960 do you no why this is??
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Tempting.. Not sure I'm up to it at the moment though :?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • 50k with 1000m climbing :shock:

Youch!
  • Welsh_Tom
    4pm tomorrow looks like the time to be riding tomorrow. anyone wont to play?

ben, i will have a look if i can get it off work. if so i guess i would have a go.
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    Right Sladey me old mucker I think the best bet is the zesty you may not know but I have one and it's lush  zesty zesty zesty x

Ianm tenner for day trip yes please I'll even buy you a coffee plus we can use my rack you have square bars haven't you.

Tom please take your time whilst texting 
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Welsh_Tom
    itsmygame wrote:
    Right Sladey me old mucker I think the best bet is the zesty you may not know but I have one and it's lush  zesty zesty zesty x

Ianm tenner for day trip yes please I'll even buy you a coffee plus we can use my rack you have square bars haven't you.

Tom please take your time whilst texting 

dude everything i do is at 1000 miles per hour, which is not good for a dyslexic man
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    cwmboyo wrote:
    pinceuker just a quick question bud, on your youtube u have a full frame picture but on mine there are two black lines on each side, i have the HD 960 do you no why this is??

Only thing i can think of is that you are recording in the full 960p mode?
    this has a 4:3 aspect ratio. as its still is widescreen its still taller 960 not the std 720 and youtube, etc most prob got a set aspect ratio so it will add 2 bits at the end.

i use
    720p: 1280×720 Ultra Wide HD featuring a 170º angle of view, with 60fps to get good slow motion if needed, and 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. great for the chest mount i use.

hope this helps.

I might make it tomorrow for 6pm peeps :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • griffter
    griffter Posts: 52
    Paul i am a bit biased coz iv got a cube but if you can get a bike from tredz check this link
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=57270
    (couldnt find link for tredz but sure they can get it)
    cube ams 150 race 2011
  • JDawg_1989
    JDawg_1989 Posts: 18
    Hello Peeps,

Can someone point me in the direction of Bryn Meadows please? I've read some good things from you guys about it and would like to get out there!

I'm from the Pontypridd area, a post code and general directions where I can get on the trail would be great!

Cheers.
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    cheers fella
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    JDawg_1989 wrote:
    Hello Peeps,

Can someone point me in the direction of Bryn Meadows please? I've read some good things from you guys about it and would like to get out there!

I'm from the Pontypridd area, a post code and general directions where I can get on the trail would be great!

Cheers.

Maesycwmmer
    Ystrad Mynach, Caerphilly NP12 2RB

if you go back a few pages oldstyle posted a pic of a map where they park their cars, it's a pub car park called the crown ithink :D
  • welshkev

i do fancy it, i didn't realise that there was a 50km route aswell...hmmmmmm...

you gonna do it ben?
  • Stanners79
    Stanners79 Posts: 81
    I had a look at that and thought 75km was a bit too far for me, 50KM could be done :)
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Paul let me know when you want to borrow my bike.
    Looking at the weather report it isnt looking thatclever for the weekend. NOT going if the weather is shonky as its such an exposed trail. If its not forecast rain then we will still be going.
    Went to CC last night, GREAT FUN. Like kids playing in the puddles and mud. It did stop raining as we got to the top of the dh.4 of us out.

Leon I am sure I can get enough racks, You can jump in with me. I can take 5.
    Will need to find out if Bishys racks will fit aero bars as thats what Sean has.
    I have the rack capacity with Gareths and Pauls racks for 5 bikes.
  • Welsh_Tom
    Hi ian nice you had fun. Maybe I should of come. But without any water proofs I dont know. Anyone riding today?
  • welshkev
    SLADEY:

i went into tredz earlier and even though them and wheelies are the same company they won't do cubes at wheelies :(

but i had a look around the shop and TBH the zesty is the best bet imo. the giant trance x2 looks great but it's £2400, they did have a trance special edition for £1600 which looked nice.

but i'm gonna get a zesty 314....amazing bike 8) get another zesty mate :D
  • Pr][nCe
    Im out today carpark for 6, anyone else?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • AshleyG
    AshleyG Posts: 1
    ianm59 wrote:
    Went to CC last night, GREAT FUN. Like kids playing in the puddles and mud. It did stop raining as we got to the top of the dh.4 of us out..

As ian said the most fun i've had on a bike for a long while :D

ash
    specialized Pitch Pro, On - One inbread ss
  • Bike being delivered either tomorrow or Thursday so was wondering if there are any good rides around Lisvane way? Possibly starting at the Gwaelod?

Cheers!
    Focus Black Hills 2011 (Beginner)
  • Welsh_Tom
    I will ride over cu at 6.
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    welshkev wrote:
    SLADEY:

i went into tredz earlier and even though them and wheelies are the same company they won't do cubes at wheelies :(

but i had a look around the shop and TBH the zesty is the best bet imo. the giant trance x2 looks great but it's £2400, they did have a trance special edition for £1600 which looked nice.

but i'm gonna get a zesty 314....amazing bike 8) get another zesty mate :D

Test riding is the big issue a simple blast around a car park isn't enough.

Also considering Spicy :D:D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Spicy was a good ride pedalled a good bit better than my draker, just didnt desend as viscously :) great bike...
  • Pr][nCe
    cya there at 6 tom maybe little sooner traffic dependant :twisted:
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Welsh_Tom
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]cya there at 6 tom maybe little sooner traffic dependant :twisted:

i will try and leave at 5:20 if i can
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Wish I could have joined you but backs a little dodgey. Have a good un.
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    yea hope you're having/had a good run tonight guys. I've been building a fence in my back garden today so no joy.

What's the plan for tomorrow then. We doing two loops starting about 3?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Jame
    Jame Posts: 16
    yea hope you're having/had a good run tonight guys. I've been building a fence in my back garden today so no joy.

What's the plan for tomorrow then. We doing two loops starting about 3?

Count me out for that one dude. Not home till 5. Then taking the mrs out for grub.
  • ti man
    ti man Posts: 41
    ianm59 wrote:
    Paul let me know when you want to borrow my bike.
    Looking at the weather report it isnt looking thatclever for the weekend. NOT going if the weather is shonky as its such an exposed trail. If its not forecast rain then we will still be going.
    Went to CC last night, GREAT FUN. Like kids playing in the puddles and mud. It did stop raining as we got to the top of the dh.4 of us out.

Leon I am sure I can get enough racks, You can jump in with me. I can take 5.
    Will need to find out if Bishys racks will fit aero bars as thats what Sean has.
    I have the rack capacity with Gareths and Pauls racks for 5 bikes.

Cheers Ian your a gentleman. I shall keep my eyes peeled and see what happens.