south wales Rides?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    so did anyone go out today? :D
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    No way, I did it in this weather two weeks ago and got ill as a result. Not interested in that again. Have I become a fair weather rider :?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    He'll yeah  and done the mountain route 2 lol awesome ride x
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    itsmygame wrote:

http://youtu.be/EqWRaAF6_WY
  • welshkev
    itsmygame wrote:

who was out gar? did lee and nathan go?

cheers kel and ben, i'll keep in touch about a mid-week ride :D
  • Welsh_Tom
    anyone rideing tuesday or wednesday at anytime?
  • Can do Tuesday and/or Thursday again this week :)
  • welshkev
    i should be around 1 of those days :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    mrs on nights as of tonight, so midweek runs should be on the cards :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Gareth myself Paul Phil and Nathan out today. Rain was stinging on the top of the mountain, axle deep puddles (ponds) :D Cracking ride although I dont think Nathan was so pleased. Tried keeping up with Paul on the last but one section. Bad,bad move. Found him about 12' from his bike down the mountain. He will tell you the rest, but could have been a lot worse than it was.
    Anyone out Tuesday, Weather looks shonky for the week. Maybe wise to stick to Cwmcarn. Up to everyone though. I'm probably out Thursday as well.
  • Welsh_Tom
    tueday sounds good then. day time or evein?
  • BISHYBOY
    BISHYBOY Posts: 6
    was a cracking ride today, getting prepared for the mayhem next week, looks like a wet one. apologies for nathan following me, need wing mirrors so i know when to slow down when people follow me :wink: . cheers for anothe rgreat ride boys, ham egg chips and beans made up for the wetness.

catch y'all on the next one.
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    Crazy buggers going out in this weather, It was chucking it down.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    well is silver fancies it I'm up for FOD on Wednesday day :P
  • Is FOD chepstow way?
  • Welsh_Tom
    bbc news sayd the weather will hold out for tuesday, back rain again wednesday
  • forbez
    forbez Posts: 62
    Is FOD chepstow way?

Yes it is, just about 10-15 mins from Chepstow, if that.

My Bikeradar status is : Riding a Giant Yukon FX2
  • welshkev
    Forbez wrote:
    Is FOD chepstow way?

Yes it is, just about 10-15 mins from Chepstow, if that.

for you ben yeah, go out to chepstow and come back in to FOD that way, or you can go up to monmouth on the a449 and go in that way. it takes me about 40 mins from my place to get there
  • Need to ride there at some point, one to tick off the list lol.

Anyone up for Tuesday eve then?
  • Welsh_Tom
    Need to ride there at some point, one to tick off the list lol.

Anyone up for Tuesday eve then?

can we make it like around 6ish as i may go out in the night :P
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Tuesday sounds good to me peeps and Sunny :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • ianm59
    Whats the plans for Tuesday evening?
  • ianm59
    Its about 15miles to Coleford from Chepstow.
    In September there is an Emulti lap enduro at FOD checkout forest of dean enduro. Note the team event.
    Its a good event well worth the trip
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450

Gareth and I hoping to go Wednesday morning Weather permitting, can't fit any more in car but will meet you out there about 1030 (Cannop pedalaway centre) if you fancy it.

I always go the Monmouth way, escape the dreaded bridge fee. It takes about 40 minutes from Slade towers.
  • welshkev

I always go the Monmouth way, escape the dreaded bridge fee. It takes about 40 minutes from Slade towers.

you don't have to go over the bridge mate :lol:

i've just ridden llandegla guys, mixed feelings really, the initial climb is really dull and seems to go on forever as it follows the blue climb, the singletrack then breaks off with a nice section of berms and jumps...but then it goes into this rocky singletrack everywhere that i just didn't like :? the black runs are amazing, but in no way blacks imo, they're no different from the wall or cwmcarn except there's a few more jumps and small drop offs - all rollable.

the big ladder drop thingy - like a lot of women have said to me in the past - i thought it'd be bigger, but it was cool :D

i took it easy on the blacks and i bet they'd be much more fun with a group of us but i didn't want to buy it into a tree on my own :lol:

in summary, i'd go back but as long as i can ignore the dull initial climb :lol:
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    Hi Chaps

Good ride yesterday, no pads left but ordered some more from superstar to see what they are like. Ian ill take your advice and cook and quench them before i start using proper, otherwise im going to go through about 1 set a month at this rate-british summer time now upon us so more wet conditions likely :D

In my defence for yesterday i was absaloutley flying down that last but one section, problem being my skill level maxed out before my speed; and didnt have any brake pads left at that point. :shock: :shock: :shock: pritty much my face during flight, as witnessed by the local sheep population!!

Still, cheers guys for checking on me and managing not to call me a silly bugger to my face :oops:

Cant make wednesday but fancy a thursday if anyone is about providing my new pads turn up.
  • griffter
    griffter Posts: 52
    im up for cwmcarn tuesday at 6ish if anyones out? weather looks great :D
    cube ams 150 race 2011
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Will surely see you, if any fancies a day at fod I gottta spot if your brave enough
  • Welsh_Tom
    6 is the time. Cu all there.