south wales Rides?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Sambini wrote:
    Where to if you manage to go?

if i go it'll probably just be a quick ride around by me somewhere for an hour.....

i'm sorry i haven't been out with you guys for a while, but my life sucks at the minute :(
  • So im new to this MTB malarky and am looking for some other people to go out and get some good experience with.

Are there any regular rides around the Cardiff area at all?
    Focus Black Hills 2011 (Beginner)
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hey fella's, sorry missed fod... Bent my mech in half.new has just arrived
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    whos out this evening peeps? what time might be able to sneek a ride in?

might even take the camera down and gopro stick it on tripod, and have a play on the table tops for hour or so, need to get some air time in, dial the bike in a little more.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • brad_boy
    brad_boy Posts: 13
    i'll be up past bryn meadows around 5:30, going to do a quick loop of wyllie and back
  • Pr][nCe
    Sry peeps cant make it family down visiting, have a good un
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    brad_boy wrote:
    i'll be up past bryn meadows around 5:30, going to do a quick loop of wyllie and back

Your not the lad with the mini are you brad boy?

Mr Panda, welcome to come along mate, me and Ben are from Cardiff and normally ride Cwmcarn, would be happy to arrange a Rudry/lisvane/mountain ride..

Daz that sounds like a wicked idea! I'd be up for that!
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • monkeys... pandas... what next? :lol:

Still pulling thorns out of my arm :evil:
  • welshkev
    brad_boy wrote:

Your not the lad with the mini are you brad boy?

Mr Panda, welcome to come along mate, me and Ben are from Cardiff and normally ride Cwmcarn, would be happy to arrange a Rudry/lisvane/mountain ride..
    !

nah, bradboy is a mate of mine called nathan whose been sneakily keeping an eye on us all without telling us :wink::lol: alright nath :D

and welcome along panda, as said before, the more the merrier - but i'm a fine one to talk as i haven't been out with the lads for a while :(
  • Jame
    Jame Posts: 16
    Jamesy boy. What time we riding Sunday? Any confirmation?
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    how u feeling mojo after ur off, good loop tonight over wyllie more saturday if ur interested
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Pr][nCe

Daz that sounds like a wicked idea! I'd be up for that!

Was saying to the lads last time out i have, 3 vid setups i can record off.

First setup...
    i have an Archos404, with the added bullet cam with mic inbuilt, less cable clutter, but its an HDD recorder and over the years the damping system in it has got worse, but put in a bum bag or a backpack on an xc run its usually ok. but as a static cam it should be fine, with the extra battery pack.

Second setup...
    Dogcam bullet cam better cam setup with dv-500 solidstate recorder, added 5 hour battery pack seprate mic, cables etc, nice compact unit other than the cable nightmare lol. good quality and without mic 5 hours run time. i used it for reverse cam at wentwood.

Third setup...
    the Gopro HD love the chest mount but just bought a tripod mount for it so can stick that just about anyware with the tripod i have for my nikon d60. that i can bring along also to take a few snaps :).

DSCF0929.jpg

sounds like a plan to me :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Jame
    Fairplay, thats some gear.
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Jame wrote:
    Jamesy boy. What time we riding Sunday? Any confirmation?

Good question, what's the plan fellas, know it's fathers day, heard we're riding early Ian? How early, I'm happy with whatever..

Watch this forum space Jimbo

That all looks class Daz, will be good to get some footage of us to (show off) analyse with a view to improving..

Think I need some practice hitting the jumps consistently anyway.. Will look forward to it :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Jame
    I will do James. As for DJ'ing, it's all about trial and error. Just gotta keep at it. I'd love to be able to give you a walkthrough lol, but it all happens so fast when you take off. My advice would be to always spot your landing.
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    cwmboyo wrote:
    how u feeling mojo after ur off, good loop tonight over wyllie more saturday if ur interested

I am feeling pretty good after my 3rd ibuporfen and my 4th (and sadly last) pint, ask me again tomorrow. :wink:

I think the pain of getting lost on the last down will haunt me for longer. :lol:

What's your plan for Sat?
  • cwmboyo
    not sure really best bet is to drop me a text im the morning and can show you loads more up there

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • cwmboyo

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    welshkev wrote:
    and welcome along panda, as said before, the more the merrier - but i'm a fine one to talk as i haven't been out with the lads for a while :(

who are you again :?: :lol: :twisted:
  • Welsh_Tom
    anyone riding tomorrow night or sat night?
  • forbez
    forbez Posts: 62
    Looks like you all had a good night out. Gutted I missed riding again tonight, but hopefully I'll be doing cwmcarn on the way home from work tomoz.

That vid through Wyllie is nuts, I've seen some of those jumps/drops and you made them look like they weren't there.

My Bikeradar status is : Riding a Giant Yukon FX2
  • Welsh_Tom
    cwmboyo wrote:

thast where that goes then :lol: been up mach loads when i first started (that long time ago 2 months :oops: )

seen that line but never been down there.

how big are the drops? would like to try it but from that vid a few look far to big for me yet.

also dont know a group of guys that make jumps up top do you? from some club called 9 point 9 point 9 or something?
  • forbez
    forbez Posts: 62
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    anyone riding tomorrow night or sat night?

At the moment, i'm doing cwmcarn this evening. Be there at about 17:30. I aint to quick on the climbs though.

My Bikeradar status is : Riding a Giant Yukon FX2
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    cwmboyo wrote:

Great vid, where they stopped at 1:30 is that where we waited for Greg? after his off?
  • welshkev
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

who are you again :?: :lol: :twisted:

i know mate, what with work, opening the nursery and a gf that actually wants to see me!! i just haven't had chance...i'm gutted really. hopefully as a fathers day present to myself i'll get out with you lot sunday 8)
  • Cheers guys - definitely be up for an evening ride.

Bike is being delivered next week so should be able to give it a blast sometime next weekend.

Apart from Lisvane/Rudry/Cwmcarn, are there any other decent rides around Cardiff? Havent got a car at the moment so need to be able to get to them by train or bus.
    Focus Black Hills 2011 (Beginner)
  • Welsh_Tom
    You can get to cwm by train. Get the ebbw vale train and get off at cross keys. Forbozzs :'( wish I had read that sooner I just said I would pop out with me sister now :'(
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    Anyone one out sat morning ? Can't really do Sunday as it's fathers day 
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    Hi Bud

Me and lee are looking at either a ride this evening or one in the morning. Weather is shit for both so if your up for it ill give you a text
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    Tidy bud sounds good let me know 
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)