south wales Rides?

Comments

• ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Sorry for the late reply.
    This is the plan. meet at 6 at the Crown pub. Got some nice stuff lined up, with 3 managable climbs mixed in buit finishs on a cracking descent.
    Need to know who is going though to make sure we dont leave anyone behind.
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    I should be there, I've still got this stupid virus/whatever that's sapping my energy and has given me a massively sore throat, but I refuse to let it beat me, I'll be there
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    I am deffo going to be there so is clamps.
  • Chaperoooooo's... have hopefully just fixed my BB and shifting issues so i'll be there tomorrow :D

Slow but steady.. hope you don't mind :)
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    Count me in. Rain or shine.
    Be good to meet everyone else
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Count me in peeps.

Finally i got knee protectors Endura MT500's Came today not bad only like 3 months lol but no elbow ones in stock gggrrr, might go for a body suit but they don't look at all comfortable hhhmmmm
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]Count me in peeps.

Finally i got knee protectors Endura MT500's Came today not bad only like 3 months lol but no elbow ones in stock gggrrr, might go for a body suit but they don't look at all comfortable hhhmmmm

should of just orded some 661's from crc i got the 2010 kyle slims and they rock. bens got a pair that are liek 4 years old and still going.
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    yea i didn't like the big bold branding on 661, and the endura are weight weenies 412g iv never worn any protection, had them on most the day try break um in a bit, se how they are tomorrow :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Welsh_Tom
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]Have a good un guys no mid week runs for me this week got to build a barn down my parents, and no Sunday run have to go to a tux fitting for my brothers wedding, damn 12pm middle of the day was not happy.

3 vids from the alternative run down from carn on Sunday.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQBi6UMdj6Q 01
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el-36zzsArQ 02
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSbi8txzStE 03

looked like a nice ride
  • Welsh_Tom
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]yea i didn't like the big bold branding on 661, and the endura are weight weenies 412g iv never worn any protection, had them on most the day try break um in a bit, se how they are tomorrow :)

yar you know i ant been riding long but i did ride for about 5 weeks before i desided pads may be a good idea. was not sure about them as i had not had a off and did not wont to thinkg "now i got pads no way will i get hurt" but i have never had very good nees so i desides they look cool and may help me a little so go for it.
  • forbez
    forbez Posts: 62
    I popped up BM last night, I must say, who ever has put the time and hardwork into building those runs, give yourselves a pat on the back.

I enjoyed the ride, and was suprised by the routes. A few were a suprising i.e. a few large jumps!

I cant make it tonight, but i may pop up in the future. I bet you could get some great pictures up there though. And the road ride back up the hill toward BM at the end, wasn't as bad as it looks.

My Bikeradar status is : Riding a Giant Yukon FX2
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    im in the office today so i might bump into you guys while im out

i can show you another track up wyllie if i see u up there noce and steep
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Wyllie as in near Blackwood?

My Nans from there, didnt know there was good riding round there, thinking about it it must have.
  • DOH, just noticed your location. better pack the bike up and head down there.
  • Squarepants
    Going to be quite a few of us by the looks :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Going to be quite a few of us by the looks :D

feck off all of you :wink::lol:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    JIMBO:

do me a favour mate, if you see daz tonight chuck him that fiver you owe me cos i owe him some cash for petrol from the other day...nice one dude 8)
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    i,m in -(no wind today) dar and guys c u in car park .... 8)
  • cwmboyo
    DOH, just noticed your location. better pack the bike up and head down there.

theres loads there fella where u traveling from?

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • cwmboyo
    DOH, just noticed your location. better pack the bike up and head down there.

theres loads there fella where u traveling from?

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Squarepants
    welshkev wrote:
    JIMBO:

do me a favour mate, if you see daz tonight chuck him that fiver you owe me cos i owe him some cash for petrol from the other day...nice one dude 8)

Will do mate. Hows the riding been in NW?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom
    Kevin there was 15 wheels reviewed in this months magazine. I did not have a real look at it yet but I am sure where at the price you where looking at. I am in work but will look at it for you when I get home.
  • cwmboyo
    iv booked a week in morzine for next july at a mates appartment wwhich sleeps 6 i think. is anyone going over or thinking about going over?

also i forgot to say myself and my bro are going up FoD june 22nd for the day not bothering with the uplift just having a blast on the dh up there anyone fancy it?

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Did carn again today and although I only shaved a few minutes off my last poor show I didn't have any big offs! Woo Hoo. Although there were a few hairy moments on the last section :)

Slowly gearing up to a ride with you guys so I might meet some of you soon
    Cube Acid 2011
  • forbez
    I rode through Wyllie on my way home last night, after riding BM. I didnt do the final descent into Ynysddu, and instead rode a path upwards towards Wyllie, and then home.

• cwmboyo
    Forbez wrote:
    I rode through Wyllie on my way home last night, after riding BM. I didnt do the final descent into Ynysddu, and instead rode a path upwards towards Wyllie, and then home.

where r u from?

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • forbez
    Live in Hengoed.

I have stuff on tonight, otherwise i'd pop up tonight, off to Cwmcarn in the morning though, be there for about 9, if anyone else is about.

• cwmboyo
    im over cwmcarn or wyllie and machen tomorrow evening work in the morning!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    FORBEZ. One of the guys that rides with us is from Cefn Hengoed.
    He rides over, so one day maybe join him.
    Looks like quite a few tonight. Looking to meet at 6 and leave around 6.15 the crown latest.
  • forbez
    Gutted I couldn't make it tonight.

Sounds like a few going, and also its a great night for it. (was cold wet and windy last night)