south wales Rides?

Comments

• Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Will do my best to be there for 6, I may be a little late, don't abandon me! I vote for moors ten DH! but happy whatever, see you in (oh dear) 53 minutes, I'm only just leaving work :shock:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    Will do my best to be there for 6, I may be a little late, don't abandon me! I vote for moors ten DH! but happy whatever, see you in (oh dear) 53 minutes, I'm only just leaving work :shock:

mores then red :P lets leave jimbo in the cp by him self :lol:
  • Jame
    Jame Posts: 16
    Wish I could've made this one. Been home only 20 minutes mind, so definately a no go. Get some posts up when your done! Sunday next. Hitting the DH James!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    what bike you getting tom? :D

http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2084

in black/white[/url]

nice :D

right, i deffo got a pass for thursday eve, what does everyone fancy?

and gareth and sladey: just in case you're ignoring my texts, are you guys still gonna be at FOD tomorrow? i gotta drive to coventry in the morning but i reckon i could get there for about 12.30 for a quick hour blast if you're still around? :D
  • Dunno bout you lot... but that ride was a fu*king effort and a half. No idea why, just felt completely drained as soon as we started.

Should have stayed in the bushes I think.

Cheers all though, confidence slipped after the off. Bit sore and achey now :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I'll be at fod all day, on a sh#t brown mondraker
  • griffter
    griffter Posts: 52
    i agree it felt like a mini epic first the natural then crosscountry and finished wiv the downhill :lol:
    good fun tho just felt long...
    cube ams 150 race 2011
  • griffter wrote:
    i agree it felt like a mini epic first the natural then crosscountry and finished wiv the downhill :lol:
    good fun tho just felt long...

Bah I don't think you were out of breath once!

Thought you lot were making a brew over the other side of the valley all sat down... was dyeing for a tetley!
  • Welsh_Tom
    it was hard but it felt ok.... but as soon as i got in my legs are now gone
  • Welsh_Tom
    but thanks guys great ride. and nice to meet 3 new peeps.
  • Squarepants
    Well, what a mini adventure. I felt same as Ben, fooked from the off tonight, again don't know why, just bonked out..

Great ride though guys enjoyed it and good to see you all again, awesome riding with you. Big thanks to Ian and all the other fellas for stopping halfway down the DH to help me replace my pinch flat, thought I was going over the edge when it blew :shock: thanks guys. Sorry to hold you up on the final descent :oops:

and to top it off, as we were all stood round fixing the tyre, Ben on the descent above the switch back entertained us by having a comedy off into the bushes and just layed there for a while, legend :lol:

"I'm good" :lol:

Another good ride all round, thanks for coming all, I'll remember to pack some fitness next time I think..

Ian i'll drop up a new inner tube on Sunday, cheers
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    good ride , nice to get a downhill run in ,
    vid got pulled off facebook due to copyright music -so version 2 on utube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHXTmqZo ... ture=share
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Does anyone have a ride planned for tomorrow evening (Thursday) by any chance? :D
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    good vid Kel nice to see me for a change :)
    nice ride peeps, long one but was fun :)

vids are uploading to youtube, search for princeuker.

l8rzzz
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Does anyone have a ride planned for tomorrow evening (Thursday) by any chance? :D

hopefully yes, i'll let you know tromorrow what's planned, who else is out?

big thanks to gareth and sladey for hanging around at FOD today so i could get a quick loop in with them :D

(i hope you're both ok after your offs)
  • ouuucchhh.. woke up this morning with an uber sore wrist :(

also been pulling tiny thorns out of my arms all day... bahhhh.
  • welshkev
    ouuucchhh.. woke up this morning with an uber sore wrist :(

hope you're ok mate, i guess no riding for you tomorrow then?

i rode FOD earlier with sladey and gareth, damn i'm unfit compared to those 2....we need to get some training in if you fancy the enduro up there?
  • welshkev wrote:

i rode FOD earlier with sladey and gareth, damn i'm unfit compared to those 2....we need to get some training in if you fancy the enduro up there?
    Ah no I can't ride tomorrow :(

I'm heading some workshops and training in bloody Warwick all day. Had completely forgotten :-S
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    I always laugh when people say 'I'm unfit' as having ridden once with you lot I have an entirely new understanding of what the term means. I thought I was going to cough my bloody lungs out last time out!
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Squarepants
    Should have been with us last night clamps, you would have felt like a whippet..

Nice one Ben, proper off, just as it should be :lol: I won't be out tomorrow night unfortunately, Will be out on Sunday though, Kev, post a picture up of yourself, I've forgotten what the fine contours of your face look like
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    welshkev wrote:

Don't believe him he flew around earlier on a pretty swift lap

FOD is great apart from the section of downhill that i chickened out of and Gareth rode made me feel like a complete biff.
  • welshkev
    Kev, post a picture up of yourself, I've forgotten what the fine contours of your face look like

just for you mate:

medium_fat%20cyclist.jpg

i had my lycra on for todays ride :lol:
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    mojo 66 i live in oakdale i will be out tomo at about 6 just a loop of wyllie
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    Hi All

Anyone out tomorrow evening 5.30 to 6
  • Welsh_Tom
    Good ride tongiht thanks to kel, we got muddy as hell but great fun and no off :lol:

I am starting to love that jump track up the top its great fun now i am getting a little air time.

Hard work today tho my legs felt like lead before i went out now i can not feel them. :lol:

Just the drop after the jump track on the tree roots and the one on the last section, am i having problem with my feet coming off. getting there slowly
  • Squarepants
    edited June 2011
    welshkev wrote:
    just for you mate:

medium_fat%20cyclist.jpg

i had my lycra on for todays ride :lol:

You exceeded my expectations there Kev :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    Sambini wrote:
    Hi All

Anyone out tomorrow evening 5.30 to 6

hi nath, i had a pass for tomorrow night (i still have really) but my boy is being a little b@stard at the moment and is refusing to go to bed and is kicking up a right royal fuss, it's doing the gf's head in cos i've been working late quite a bit, it's only fair i help her out. i probably will go out but it'll be later on, probably about 7.30 after he's gone to bed :?
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    Where to if you manage to go?
  • Welsh_Tom
    Great vids. love the dh sections. only thing is it dont look so bad on film :lol:

i see where i may be going wrong on the l shaped tunnnel. i think i am just going 10 times to fast into it :shock: and trying to slow down half why down it where as you slowed a lot before hitting them ramp. which worked better as i had to power slide around the l to stop my self hitting it :lol: