south wales Rides?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    cheers tom, i've just got home so i'll check out the mag now,

james: i only rode nant yr arian on monday - was good though, wanted to go and ride llandegla but i picked up a tummy bug and had the sickness and dioareaha (sp?) for 2 days!!!! so didn't make it :(

hope tonights ride went well :D
  • forbez
    forbez Posts: 62
    cwmboyo wrote:
    im over cwmcarn or wyllie and machen tomorrow evening work in the morning!!
    Machen! Whats in Machen then?

I may not be at Cwmcarn now, as i may go into work.

Whats Machen like? Where's it start, route etc?

Cheers

My Bikeradar status is : Riding a Giant Yukon FX2
  • griffter
    griffter Posts: 52
    great ride lads nice to see so may turn up!cracking weather too trails running fast and
    almost dry!! :D hope you all enjoyed it c u trail side soon 8)

FORBEZ machen is loaded with trails just like wyllie just need to know were they are :wink:
    cube ams 150 race 2011
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    very large group - but a good evening run

trip here playable in 3d if you have google earth

http://www.a-trip.com/tracks/view/77091

251130_10150268425318338_780483337_9223764_5395091_n.jpg
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    edited June 2011
    griffter wrote:
    great ride lads nice to see so may turn up!cracking weather too trails running fast and
    almost dry!! :D hope you all enjoyed it c u trail side soon 8)

FORBEZ machen is loaded with trails just like wyllie just need to know were they are :wink:

I enjoyed it loads, 15 people is pretty cool. you guys have quite a pace. :!:

/Edit:- Forgot to say how great it was to meet such a great bunch of people, nice and chatty. It was also very cool to see the hard tails well represented. ;)
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Great route, really varied and nice to meet you all. Cheers for being patient with the slowcoach :)
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Brilliant turn out tonight :D properly enjoyed it, thanks all!
  • griffter
    sorry about the pace its just what we are use to but we dont mind waiting for anyone!! :)
    OLDSTYLE how come you started in cefn fforest as you location is cwmcarn only coz im a cefn lad?
    cube ams 150 race 2011
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Well guys, thanks for the really good turnout.
    Oldstyle, that nav thing you have is brilliant.
    I hope you all enjoyed the ride. Good group again!
    Nice bicycle James. Sladey where were you. Iss Gareth back off hols yet. Thanks to the quick guys for waiting. Big groups always do this but its really good to get together.
    We will be exploring Cwmcarn on the weekend. Once we have a decent route we will post up for another group ride.
    Once again, thanks for an enjoyable ride. 8)
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Yea cracking ride tonight guys thanks for making it all the more enjoyable. Thanks Ian, just need to learn to ride it now..

Nice to see a few new faces (Mojo and Clamps I believe) hope to see you out soon fellas, not sure what the plan for the weekend is but Cwmcarn is probably on the cards.

Sorry to hear you've not been well Kev, at least you got to ride one, we're going up to Nant Yr Arian on the 26th isn't it Ian? How you find it Kev? Gareth wasn't out tonight so I'm still holding that 5ver.. I won't leave the country :lol:

See all you guys again soon

p.s. missed a good ride Tom, next time..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    I am gutted, i was on brake and the sun was beaming down on my. i just wonted to be out with you guys.

i am working till 12:30 on sat then free for the rest of the day so who wonts to run cwmcarn?

machen has a few dh rides i am told i onkly been down the one and had to walk half of that as my forks would of died. not steap just lots of house bracks all over the place.

but there is some great downhill sections that can we easy for new ppl and great speed for the skilled biker
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    nice mostly natural route in and around the forestry, nice one lads, nice to have a good turn out hope we didnt slow u fast lads down to much, nice to meet you Clamps and Mojo and real sorry about the puncture on the best bit gutted gggrrr.

vids are uploading to youtube, search for princeuker, will post links up once they all done anyways.
    Have a good un on the weekend peeps, try and get in a ride mid week next week, and hope to get an early one in on Sunday the 19th get back in good time for fathers day then.

Deffo count me in for the 26th :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • forbez
    forbez Posts: 62
    Just watched your video's and I have to laugh. When I went up on Wednesday night I rode a completely sufferer track! The only same section was part 5! That looked a glyphs ride mind, and I think I'm going to rude it this morning, and then go back up and across the mountain. Saves me driving to cwmcarn.
    Looks like you guys had a good ride though.

Here's two vid's of me coming down cwmcarn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGobZgmD ... ata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohR4aomB ... ata_player

My Bikeradar status is : Riding a Giant Yukon FX2
  • welshkev
    Yea cracking ride tonight guys thanks for making it all the more enjoyable. Thanks Ian, just need to learn to ride it now..

Nice to see a few new faces (Mojo and Clamps I believe) hope to see you out soon fellas, not sure what the plan for the weekend is but Cwmcarn is probably on the cards.

Sorry to hear you've not been well Kev, at least you got to ride one, we're going up to Nant Yr Arian on the 26th isn't it Ian? How you find it Kev? Gareth wasn't out tonight so I'm still holding that 5ver.. I won't leave the country :lol:

i'm glad gareth wasn't out cos it's darren i owe the fiver to :lol:

gutted i missed the ride guys, sounded awesome :(

nant yr arian is really good, great singletrack, all the climbing on the summit trail (16km trail) was on fire road - 1 really long climb half way around, it was dull to me but would probably be ok with a group to have a chat
  • oldstyle
    griffter wrote:
    sorry about the pace its just what we are use to but we dont mind waiting for anyone!! :)
    OLDSTYLE how come you started in cefn fforest as you location is cwmcarn only coz im a cefn lad?

started from home -put cwmcarn as location as its local ride spot .
  • Squarepants
    welshkev wrote:
    i'm glad gareth wasn't out cos it's darren i owe the fiver to :lol:

It was Daz you said as well wasn't it :? :oops:

D'oh sorry Kev (and Daz) I'm destined to have this debt for time! Should have put it in a ISA..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    great vids again daz, trails looked awesome, great weather and a big bunch of guys out, looked like the perfect night.

i for got to say jimbo about nant yr arian, like ian said, i bet it could get real slippy in the wet up on top, there's loads of natural ground rock that was fine when i rode it cos it wass a nice day, but i reckon it'd be like a skating rink in the wet. i even managed to come off anyway with a comedy i don't want to get wet so i'll ride around the big puddle only to fall off into it!!!! :lol:
  • Squarepants
    Superb Kev :lol: yea Ian did say the type of stone/slate up there does become slippery when wet.. Still; sounds like a good grin up there. You coming up with us on the 26th?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    Superb Kev :lol: yea Ian did say the type of stone/slate up there does become slippery when wet.. Still; sounds like a good grin up there. You coming up with us on the 26th?

not sure, it's the day after my bros birthday party so i'm not sure what shape i'll be in :lol:

i'm off up to NW again on monday so i'm DEFINATELY gonna ride llandegla this time :lol:
  • oldstyle
    vids good dar will have to start clamping me cam back on bike ...
  • Welsh_Tom
    James? anyone free for a ride tomorrow? Dom t care where we go. What day is the 26th?
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    oldstyle
    vids were ok little dark in the woods, but ok :)
    to rite m8 more vids the better :)

Welsh_Tom
    its Sunday Tom
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Welsh_Tom
    Sorry bud, don't think I can make tomorrow :(
  • Yea cracking ride tonight guys thanks for making it all the more enjoyable. Thanks Ian, just need to learn to ride it now..

Nant Yr Arian on the 26th.... i'm in :D
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Ok guys, the 26th which is a Sunday(someone give tom a diary) is Nant Y Arian day. Because of the distance I think car sharing is the option. Up to you guys but I will ahve enough room for 3 others( that depends on if I can scrounge a roof rack off Paul.
    The route will be the long one Syfydrin (check out MB WALES for details). Because of the remoteness of some of this trail, this ride will be weather dependant. It is fantastic, a bit for everyone.
    Names please to check interest.
    Ian
    Paul (bishy)
  • Names please to check interest for Nany Y Arian.
    Ian
    Paul (bishy
    Ben
  • Welsh_Tom
    I had a big go at my boss for making me work sundays so i should be off the 26th... but i also have not been drinking in over 2 months soooo..... lol i am in the maybe group please.

and someone come with me tomorrow dam you all :lol:
  • griffter
    Names please to check interest for Nany Y Arian.
    Ian
    Paul (bishy
    Ben
    Ian Griff
    Ashley
    cube ams 150 race 2011
  • Squarepants
    I'm working OT tomorrow sorry Tom, what about Sunday.

I'm on for the 26th btw :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR