south wales Rides?

Comments

• Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    I dot mind ian if i jump in with leon, drive myself of slap my bike rack on your roof, as long as i get there lol.

meet up wherever suits u sir :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    gents,

which OS map covers afan?

did a search on here but nothing came up and i havent got access to google at the minute, my server is being wierd!

cheers
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    guys i'm seriously considering this:

55726.jpg

but can't afford it really :shock: :lol:
  • welshkev
    kaiser83 wrote:
    gents,

did a search on here but nothing came up and i havent got access to google at the minute, my server is being wierd!

cheers

any help?:

http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/get ... g=SS821950
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    welshkev wrote:
    kaiser83 wrote:
    gents,

cheers

any help?:

http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/get ... g=SS821950

cheers, i should have remembered that link, what a retard!
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]I dot mind ian if i jump in with leon, drive myself of slap my bike rack on your roof, as long as i get there lol.

meet up wherever suits u sir :)[/quote
    Thats great.
    Leon can come to my place, I'll stick my bike in the boot. We can drive to meet you then Leon can bail out and join you. How does that sound. Meet at first layby after the Aberdare turnoff on the A470
    Email me at ianmorgan59ATaolDOTcom
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    welshkev wrote:
    guys i'm seriously considering this:

but can't afford it really :shock: :lol:

Do what I'm doing Kev - just buy it regardless 8) :lol: Was talking to thingy @ Sunset and they had one in the shop, top components at a competitive price, that's the one to go for by all accounts. Just do it!
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    I am still here, been moving house and settling in for the last month, managed to get out for a few rides including Skyline had to ride it before it closes , a lot of Fire Road but a bit of an epic trail with a great finish on Jetlag.

Love your new ride James looks like your heading into more Downhill orientated riding :shock:.

Have completed a few upgrades on the Zesty

SLX bits and a new wheel build Superstar Evo Hubs and Mavic rims

See you all soon

Sladey

p4pb6576907.jpg
  • Squarepants
    Love your new ride James looks like your heading into more Downhill orientated riding :shock:.

Hi mate, hope the move went well and you're settled in now. Loving the look of the Lap now, very nice 8)

More DH/FR orientated bike but apart from the DH at Cwmcarn I'm going to keep riding the trails with all you guys, wouldn't miss it for the world (I have 0% skill and less % b@lls to ride big) tbh I love the bike and fancy something that can fly down the shiz, who knows I may even become competent one day on her :lol:

See you soon fella
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    competency is overated :D
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Pr][nCe
    Silversladey
    Coming along nicely that :)

Ian
    email sent mukka.

Kev
    Just do it alrighty :)

James
    Hurry up!

:)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I am still here, been moving house and settling in for the last month, managed to get out for a few rides including Skyline had to ride it before it closes , a lot of Fire Road but a bit of an epic trail with a great finish on Jetlag.

See you all soon

Sladey

p4pb6576907.jpg

Loking tidy mate.

And for skyline alot of the best middle bits are closed and has been a while now which is a shame but whats left is open for a good year orr more as they want a replacement trail in place before they shut.

MBUK misinformation again grhhh
  • Silversladey

See you all soon

Sladey

p4pb6576907.jpg

Loking tidy mate.

And for skyline alot of the best middle bits are closed and has been a while now which is a shame but whats left is open for a good year orr more as they want a replacement trail in place before they shut.

MBUK misinformation again grhhh

Cheers Bri

Was advised to go for SLX over XT the bike has a build the frame deserves there is still a lot of room for improvement :D

Had to ride Skyline just to say I did it . There was a lot of diversions in the middle of the route Gareth and I rode solid fire road for what seemed like ages.

Kev

That bike looks great and if I had my money over again I would be really tempted to go for a Ghost
  • Silversladey
    Anyone fancy Cwmcarn sunday about 9 - 9:30
  • welshkev

if you can make it 8am i might be interested :shock:
  • msp1
    msp1 Posts: 59

Thinking about doing Blorenge route out of this months MBR Sunday morning, from previous posts I see you've ridden there, is it easy to navigate?
  • ti man
    ti man Posts: 41
    ianm59 wrote:
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]I dot mind ian if i jump in with leon, drive myself of slap my bike rack on your roof, as long as i get there lol.

meet up wherever suits u sir :)[/quote
    Thats great.
    Leon can come to my place, I'll stick my bike in the boot. We can drive to meet you then Leon can bail out and join you. How does that sound. Meet at first layby after the Aberdare turnoff on the A470
    Email me at ianmorgan59ATaolDOTcom

Something's cropped up. :evil: So Sorry lads Not going to be able to make this now :(
  • Pr][nCe
    Shite happens Leon next time mukka.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    A boy from Caerphilly was supposed to be picking the GT up today or tomorrow. Said he was definately having this weekend (2 weeks ago when he first messaged me) emailed him thursday - no answer. Emailed him this morning saying let me know either way as I NEED to know what's happening - no answer. FFS..

Then I get an email today from another guy saying he wants and he wants my paypal to send me the money. Great? No. He wants me to ship it to Greece :roll:

For goodness sake..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Silversladey
    edited May 2011
    msp1 wrote:

Thinking about doing Blorenge route out of this months MBR Sunday morning, from previous posts I see you've ridden there, is it easy to navigate?

Yes it is not to bad,

There are a couple of points that are not obvious,
    After the keepers pond you follow the trail uphill to the start of the main descent (it is marked with a wooden post in the floor). Follow the trail around to the right and onto another small pond called the Punchbowl.
    There is then a really steep climb up to a quiet road follow that all the way to the mast up on the top of the blorringe (near the Foxhunter Car park.)
    You then descend on road down to the Pub, and turn left towards the coal slag heaps. This is where navigation is a bit difficult. i have ridden a different way each time and it is all fun.
    Just make sure you can get back to the main road and head back to big pit.

Have fun will probably be riding it this week possibly Tuesday day time if you want a guide

Sladey
  • Silversladey
    welshkev wrote:

A little early Kev, having a few beers tonight. :D
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:

no worries mate, i've still got loads to do at the nursery so i need to be there as early as possible. maybe i'll see you in the car park when i finish for a brief chat :D
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Ride still on tomorrow at Brechfa. Darren you have email.
  • Pr][nCe
    meet at original place "layby" ian and then see. will be there for 9am
    as long as thats the quickest route for you?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Silversladey
    welshkev wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

no worries mate, i've still got loads to do at the nursery so i need to be there as early as possible. maybe i'll see you in the car park when i finish for a brief chat :D

I am riding up from the new Slade towers will probably be at Airstream for about 9 send me a text if you are up the top about that time
  • msp1
    msp1 Posts: 59
    msp1 wrote:

Yes it is not to bad,

There are a couple of points that are not obvious,
    After the keepers pond you follow the trail uphill to the start of the main descent (it is marked with a wooden post in the floor). Follow the trail around to the right and onto another small pond called the Punchbowl.
    There is then a really steep climb up to a quiet road follow that all the way to the mast up on the top of the blorringe (near the Foxhunter Car park.)
    You then descend on road down to the Pub, and turn left towards the coal slag heaps. This is where navigation is a bit difficult. i have ridden a different way each time and it is all fun.
    Just make sure you can get back to the main road and head back to big pit.

Have fun will probably be riding it this week possibly Tuesday day time if you want a guide

Sladey

Thanks for the pointers, been going through my mag collection and have 3 versions of the route. Thanks for the Tuesday offer but I've got to go tomorrow as I have a half day pass :o If it had been a full day pass I would have been keen to go to Brechfa, maybe tag along next time. Have a good ride everyone, in the immortal words of Hill Street Blues "be careful out there".
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    I'd get out my front door and meet you lads who are going to carn but I need a bloody lie in 8)
  • Squarepants
    Sold the GT today

banana1655.gif

you all ignored my rant yesterday :roll: but never fear, sold to a nice fella called Ash - he might even be riding with us in the future..

When is my CUBE getting here?!?!
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Ahh I was gonna pm you about the GT sale hehe.

Glad you got it sold bud, hope you got what you wanted for it!

I'm dying to get out and ride :(
  • Squarepants
    Dude you got a Boardman Pro :shock: :D she is sweet fair play, can't wait to see it in the flesh..

I'm now bikeless :shock: :? strange, but hopefully not for long. Got what/more than I wanted, need to thank you Ben as tbh I probably would have almost given it away having valued it at what I thought it was worth, your input was appreciated.

Haven't you had her out yet then?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR