why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    DAZ: great vids again mate, it's awsome that you film and edit every ride :D looks brilliant, i'm gutted i missed it :(

CWMBOYO: good vids mate, where do you start from to ride there? is it above bryn meadows golf club? i've always fancied riding there :D
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    welshkev wrote:
    DAZ: great vids again mate, it's awsome that you film and edit every ride :D looks brilliant, i'm gutted i missed it :(

CWMBOYO: good vids mate, where do you start from to ride there? is it above bryn meadows golf club? i've always fancied riding there :D

yes bud to the green gate and down. get ian to arrange a blackwood ride

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Chris tidy vids. Have you booked the DH with Nic. 10th April. I did text you.
    Cant do Saturday, I forgot i was working. Phil will lead the ride.
    Best place to meet is Penyfan Pond. I will try to get satnav coordinates. Guys this is a great ride
  • welshkev
    i know pen y fan pond. who else is up for it? i don't want to be the only slow fecker :lol:

yeah, we have spoken about a blackwood ride cwmboyo, looks like we'll have to deffo get it sorted after watching those vids 8)
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    M8 went to afan this weekend said most of the wall is closed, graveyard and zigzag was the only thing there to ride without interuption due to all the tree felling going on thier at the moment.

But i would be up for W2 one weekend, last time i went that way we started at afan visitors centre did the wall up to point 30 the slung a right over to whites and joined i think at point 14 but could have been 19 but was a very nice fast flowing single track down, then did some northshore board stuff, and then droped down through some narly rocks and drops down to the tarmac path slung a right and went back to afan visitor centre, did intend to climb back up and finish off the wall but time was against us that day.

thats as far as i got other than that i have never ventured over to Glyncorrwg centre, but would like to got a 30k marathon to-do 22nd May with the girlfriend just a little fun so need todo a nice biggy run see how the old tickers is lol.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Pr][nCe
    Saturday i think is ride day this weekend as mothersday Sunday. so Blackwood run is it Saturday peeps?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    I'm up for riding slowly with you kev :lol: My old stomping ground up on the top of Wylie etc so will look forward to that

I'm not about this coming Sat or Sun but after that I'm all go
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]M8 went to afan this weekend said most of the wall is closed, graveyard and zigzag was the only thing there to ride without interuption due to all the tree felling going on thier at the moment.
    But i would be up for W2 one weekend, last time i went that way we started at afan visitors centre did the wall up to point 30 the slung a right over to whites and joined i think at point 14 but could have been 19 but was a very nice fast flowing single track down, then did some northshore board stuff, and then droped down through some narly rocks and drops down to the tarmac path slung a right and went back to afan visitor centre, did intend to climb back up and finish off the wall but time was against us that day.

nah, the only bits missing off the wall are the very start missing the pointless 3-4k of fireroad down to Pontrhydefen back up to the climb and the nant y bar section at the top. It's a pretty dull fire road climb from Tramway all the way up to the start of 373 though.

Personal preference is to start at Glyncorrwg to do W2 as doing the singletrack up from Glyncorrwg after starting at Afan kills me!
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11
  • brad_boy
    brad_boy Posts: 13
    cwmboyo wrote:

Great vid's! i can see you came down off Machen mountain to the top section in the first video, but how did you link that to come out on the cycle path just above Cwmfelinfach?

i've only ever come down to that point off the top of Bedwas Mountain which brings you out on the left at the end of the first video.. looks like a great run down to the bottom..

Can you guide me?
  • looks like i've missed a cracking ride :(

I should be getting out on the bike tomorrow, up to Whinlatter...will be nice to be able to compare it with Cwmcarn, I haven't ridden there for ages!

So who's going for the DH on April 10th then?
    10 slots left acording to Cwmdown website..
  • Pr][nCe
    Stanners79 wrote:
    nah, the only bits missing off the wall are the very start missing the pointless 3-4k of fireroad down to Pontrhydefen back up to the climb and the nant y bar section at the top. It's a pretty dull fire road climb from Tramway all the way up to the start of 373 though.

Personal preference is to start at Glyncorrwg to do W2 as doing the singletrack up from Glyncorrwg after starting at Afan kills me!

ah don't sound to bad then, well im for doing W2 in the neer future, but as for showing the way i not got a clue :)

The Northern Monkey

So who's going for the DH on April 10th then?
    10 slots left acording to Cwmdown website..

am unsure as to what days i can make it at them oment but if my gear comes back i will be up for it
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]Saturday i think is ride day this weekend as mothersday Sunday. so Blackwood run is it Saturday peeps?

arse, i forgot about that :(

looks like i may have to mis this weekend again guys. i will be going out at some point but i was gonna do some work at the nursery on sunday morning but itlooks like it'll have to be saturday as sunday will be spent treating the gf and visiting my mum.

i think a quick loop around by me will all i'll get to do.

i'm still up for thurs though sladey and gareth 8)
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Will get Phil to lead. Probably about 10. This is Saturday if any one is interested. Meet at Penyfan pond. Try NP11 3EJ for satnav.
    I think there are 4 going so far.
    Who is up for the DH, myself and Paul booked so far. 10th April.
  • "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]
    Stanners79 wrote:

ah don't sound to bad then, well im for doing W2 in the neer future, but as for showing the way i not got a clue :)

I know my way round between the two, I'm just not the fastest in the world! I'll get better by the end of the summer though!
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11
  • Squarepants
    Won't have my DH lid by then chaps as CRC are out of stock. Will be up for it at some point after the 15th though.

I should be up for Pen-Y-Fan Sunday though

Kev - I've got one thing to say to you - :roll:

:wink:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    Won't have my DH lid by then chaps as CRC are out of stock. Will be up for it at some point after the 15th though.

I should be up for Pen-Y-Fan Sunday though

Kev - I've got one thing to say to you - :roll:

:wink:

ha ha, isn't the plan for saturday though? if you're going james i might drag myself along, i can't have you being the slowest one there can i? :lol:

ian: how long is the ride?
  • Squarepants
    Oh is it Sat? Just checked and yes it is.. D'oh. Cheers Kev would have been a long wait in the car park :lol:

Well would be good to have 'someone of similar fitness level' out :lol:

Ah balls - the GF is getting corrective laser eye surgery on Sat and needs me to drive her into town.

Noodles to that idea then :roll:

Bloody wimin
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Pr][nCe
    Ah balls - the GF is getting corrective laser eye surgery on Sat and needs me to drive her into town.

opps that the wedding off then :shock: :wink: haha

Im up for Sat peeps, unsure about the DH at the mo, got mine from Stiff crc site to damn slow takes forever to nav it.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • cwmboyo
    brad_boy wrote:
    cwmboyo wrote:

Great vid's! i can see you came down off Machen mountain to the top section in the first video, but how did you link that to come out on the cycle path just above Cwmfelinfach?

i've only ever come down to that point off the top of Bedwas Mountain which brings you out on the left at the end of the first video.. looks like a great run down to the bottom..

Can you guide me?

just drop down the rod or fire road they all link up and go up from the farm takes u to the top of 2 mile climb

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • brad_boy
    cwmboyo wrote:
    brad_boy wrote:
    cwmboyo wrote:

Can you guide me?

just drop down the rod or fire road they all link up and go up from the farm takes u to the top of 2 mile climb

so you drop down off machen slag tips with cwmfelinfach on your right and follow the fire road down instead of taking the left hand gate back up to Bedwas mountain?

is it easy to find?

i've come down the last section on the video having accessed it from the turn gate at the top end of wylie, just trying to see how it all fits together and whether i can get to the top easily rather than track the trail from the bottom up
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Woot pivot on bike sorted, car sorted, bank empty but i can ride anywhere anytme again :P if i can afford the diesel lol!
  • cwmboyo
    brad_boy wrote:
    cwmboyo wrote:
    brad_boy wrote:
    cwmboyo wrote:

Can you guide me?

so you drop down off machen slag tips with cwmfelinfach on your right and follow the fire road down instead of taking the left hand gate back up to Bedwas mountain?

is it easy to find?

i've come down the last section on the video having accessed it from the turn gate at the top end of wylie, just trying to see how it all fits together and whether i can get to the top easily rather than track the trail from the bottom up

yeah theres a few different ways to get back up there, like i said down to the farm careful u dont go down to far its a fire road on the left going down, another way which is nice is back up towards the tips stop at the swtich backs at the top and take a right lovely bit of trail takes u down on two mile climb.

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Pr][nCe
    just got email off Stiff, helmet on way knee/shin, elbow guards wont be here until mid MAY WTF
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Sod that cancel and order else where lol.
  • "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]just got email off Stiff, helmet on way knee/shin, elbow guards wont be here until mid MAY WTF

WOW !!!! I AGREE WITH THE WAYLANDER :shock: :shock: :shock:

Unless you are getting a massive discount take your cash somewhere else
  • Pr][nCe
    all new 2011 stuff paid full price,
    Fox Rampage DH Helmet 2011 £94.99
    Fox Launch Pro Elbow Guards £44.99
    Fox Launch Pro Knee Shin Guard £64.99

will be telling um cancel the knee/shin and elbow guards May they having a laugh.

all fox gear gone of wiggle, CRC not got the knee/shin guards only knee.

only other shop advertising um is winstanley and they 2-7 days delivery.

didn't fancy the balistic model looks like tights lol

i think Fox must have probs with stock or freight as it seems all stock is depleting gggrrr
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]all new 2011 stuff paid full price,
    Fox Rampage DH Helmet 2011 £94.99
    Fox Launch Pro Elbow Guards £44.99
    Fox Launch Pro Knee Shin Guard £64.99

will be telling um cancel the knee/shin and elbow guards May they having a laugh.

all fox gear gone of wiggle, CRC not got the knee/shin guards only knee.

only other shop advertising um is winstanley and they 2-7 days delivery.

didn't fancy the balistic model looks like tights lol

i think Fox must have probs with stock or freight as it seems all stock is depleting gggrrr

race face?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/rac ... gn=froogle
  • ti man
    ti man Posts: 41
    I will be in attendance If can finish work early enough.
  • brad_boy
    cwmboyo wrote:
    brad_boy wrote:
    cwmboyo wrote:
    brad_boy wrote:
    cwmboyo wrote:

Can you guide me?

is it easy to find?

yeah theres a few different ways to get back up there, like i said down to the farm careful u dont go down to far its a fire road on the left going down, another way which is nice is back up towards the tips stop at the swtich backs at the top and take a right lovely bit of trail takes u down on two mile climb.

Cheers mate, i'll have a look next time im over there! looking forward to riding it though