WelshGiant wrote:
    underdog wrote:
    WelshGiant wrote:
    underdog wrote:
    Axleuk wrote:
    WelshGiant wrote:
    underdog wrote:
    WelshGiant wrote:
    Nothing planned yet but looking to do the july trail or all of skyline if anyones up for it?

Just got back from doin the wall and i forgot how good the descents are, cheesy smile all the way down lol

See I just don't get the wall, done it twice now and both times I wished I had done whites, but most people I speak to prefer the wall, I must just be odd :lol:

I really fancy skyline just to say I done it, or July if I am pushed for time and the if the misses behaves this week, I'm off Sat as I know weekends are best for you.

I done W2 last week that was hard going alone.

I dont mind doing either, let me know what one u wanna do and we can sort something out :)

I'm working Sat night so free during the day if we start early enough :)

I am happy to do an early one Sat with the disclaimer of if Jo goes into labour I best make an effort to be at the hospital with her rather than out on the bike.

Haha :lol:

What one we up for doin then ?

Am happy to leave you two decide. I will ride anything you guys want to. See i'm easy :wink:

Clarkey any opinion on this? If it's skyline let me know Friday so I can pack for the day :D You both have my number, so like I said I'm easy.

I would prefer skyline but depending on the weather. Forcast is predicting a better day for saturday out of the weekend.

Skyline sounds good to me as we have yet to do it. How long does it normally take worse case scenario?
  • WelshGiant
    WelshGiant Posts: 74
    Axleuk wrote:
    WelshGiant wrote:
    underdog wrote:
    WelshGiant wrote:
    underdog wrote:
    Axleuk wrote:
    WelshGiant wrote:
    underdog wrote:
    WelshGiant wrote:
    Nothing planned yet but looking to do the july trail or all of skyline if anyones up for it?

Just got back from doin the wall and i forgot how good the descents are, cheesy smile all the way down lol

See I just don't get the wall, done it twice now and both times I wished I had done whites, but most people I speak to prefer the wall, I must just be odd :lol:

I really fancy skyline just to say I done it, or July if I am pushed for time and the if the misses behaves this week, I'm off Sat as I know weekends are best for you.

I dont mind doing either, let me know what one u wanna do and we can sort something out :)

I am happy to do an early one Sat with the disclaimer of if Jo goes into labour I best make an effort to be at the hospital with her rather than out on the bike.

Am happy to leave you two decide. I will ride anything you guys want to. See i'm easy :wink:

Clarkey any opinion on this? If it's skyline let me know Friday so I can pack for the day :D You both have my number, so like I said I'm easy.

I would prefer skyline but depending on the weather. Forcast is predicting a better day for saturday out of the weekend.

Skyline sounds good to me as we have yet to do it. How long does it normally take worse case scenario?

4-7 Hours i believe. Depending on how fit you are really, i havent done it yet either.
  • Axleuk
    Axleuk Posts: 81
    WelshGiant wrote:
    Axleuk wrote:
    WelshGiant wrote:
    underdog wrote:
    WelshGiant wrote:
    underdog wrote:
    Axleuk wrote:
    WelshGiant wrote:
    underdog wrote:
    WelshGiant wrote:

4-7 Hours i believe. Depending on how fit you are really, i havent done it yet either.

What do you think Tanner - We good to go for Skyline? I am in work for 7pm.
  • underdog
    underdog Posts: 292
    I'm happy to do skyline, as mentioned Sat looks like an OK day weather wise. If we start early then why not, there's a short cut on the loop if time is getting on anyway.

I'll get Jo to make some flapjacks :lol: oh and I will try to sort out the awkward shift on my bloody bike.
  • Axleuk
    How's about we meet up at 9am in the main car park on Sat morning then.
  • underdog
    Axleuk wrote:

I'm good with that, you know you're way this time or you going to head to swansea :lol:

Welshgiant, that ok with you?
  • Axleuk
    underdog wrote:
    Axleuk wrote:

I'm good with that, you know you're way this time or you going to head to swansea :lol:

Welshgiant, that ok with you?

Lol, i'm sure I will have a story to tell.
  • underdog
    As long as that story isn't about why you turned up at 10 instead of 9 I won't mind, if I am dragging myself out of bed on my last day off, you best be there ON TIME Mr Clarke :evil: :lol:
  • Axleuk
    underdog wrote:
    As long as that story isn't about why you turned up at 10 instead of 9 I won't mind, if I am dragging myself out of bed on my last day off, you best be there ON TIME Mr Clarke :evil: :lol:

I'm sure I will be there on time :)

If anyone else is available on Sat morning at 9am for a nice jaunt up some welsh mountainside then speak up now. The more the merrier.

Not too convinced the weather will hold out. I am aware it is moving east on Sat but since when has the weather ever been right? Anyways - I don't mind riding in the rain. It's the cold that grips my shitter.
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    If i can get there what Carpark just to be clear? bear in mind i am 40 next month, whats the pace going to be like? :oops:
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Can't make this one as the only time I have my kids is on the weekend. Could maybe do a weekday ride at some point though. I'm also nearing 40 so it would have to be a fairly gentle pace :oops:
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • WelshGiant
    Ye that swnds good for me, i will prob be up there a little bit earlier as the misses is working at 9am so she will be dropping me off and having to be back in port talbot before 9am.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Did it in 4.15 a few weeks back and i'm not hugely that fit, but i was konked on the last downhill nothing left in the arms which was annoying :(
  • underdog
    WelshGiant wrote:
    Ye that swnds good for me, i will prob be up there a little bit earlier as the misses is working at 9am so she will be dropping me off and having to be back in port talbot before 9am.

Save your misses the hassle mate and come up in the car with me if you like? I live in Pentyla so easy to find, or let me know where you are and I will pick you up
    jndb72 wrote:
    Can't make this one as the only time I have my kids is on the weekend. Could maybe do a weekday ride at some point though. I'm also nearing 40 so it would have to be a fairly gentle pace :oops:

I ride a lot in the week mate, so I shall be in touch when I got something planned. I am 32 and not the fittest or fastest so dont worry about that :lol:
  • nipper9
    nipper9 Posts: 120
    tell u lot something i set this 1 up and i aint been out since i pretty sik of reading all ur posts to be honest so u must all stop meeting and riding together untill i say so!!!! got it?

a pretty peeved off paul

oh and for good measure iam working this weekend so a happy bloody biking to u all
    " PERSEVERE B4 U DISAPPEAR "

specialized rockhopper sl comp 2010
    specialized rockhopper comp 2003?
    trek 800 antelope 1993
    raliegh chopper mk2 1976
    raliegh tomahawk 1973
    raliegh budgie
  • Axleuk
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]If i can get there what Carpark just to be clear? bear in mind i am 40 next month, whats the pace going to be like? :oops:

Glyncorrwg Mountain Bike Centre Car Park is where we will be meeting up at 9am.

A few of you are going on about your age. Gents I'm knocking on 38 - the pace will be fine. The trails are broken up into sections anyways on the way down so we can just take it easy and wait for each other and swap horror stories and war wounds.

Parking is a few quid so make sure you bring some change.
  • underdog
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]If i can get there what Carpark just to be clear? bear in mind i am 40 next month, whats the pace going to be like? :oops:

I've bumped into 2 riders from Pntypridd twice at Afan (same guys) they have a group on facebook MTBwales I think it is, try hook up with them mate, some transport for you then :wink:

I know Porth quite well but rarely up there, but like I said I know those two guys from Ponty go to Afan quite a bit.
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    underdog wrote:
    WelshGiant wrote:

Save your misses the hassle mate and come up in the car with me if you like? I live in Pentyla so easy to find, or let me know where you are and I will pick you up
    jndb72 wrote:

I ride a lot in the week mate, so I shall be in touch when I got something planned. I am 32 and not the fittest or fastest so dont worry about that :lol:

Nice one, I only live 30 minutes from Afan but have never ridden there. Be nice to go out for a group ride as I usually ride alone. Just be prepared to wait for me and my dodgy knees at the top of them climbs :lol:
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • underdog
    Afan is great be happy to sort something out mate, trust me I'm no climber myself though that's my lungs fault not my legs
  • Axleuk
    nipper9 wrote:
    tell u lot something i set this 1 up and i aint been out since i pretty sik of reading all ur posts to be honest so u must all stop meeting and riding together untill i say so!!!! got it?

a pretty peeved off paul

oh and for good measure iam working this weekend so a happy bloody biking to u all

Well you have done some good starting this thread - it has brought a few local-ish people out of the wood work.

There seems to be enough people to get at least get a few rides a month together. Sorry to hear you're working the weekend. I'm off on Monday if you fancy it.
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    underdog wrote:
    "Pr wrote:

I've bumped into 2 riders from Pntypridd twice at Afan (same guys) they have a group on facebook MTBwales I think it is, try hook up with them mate, some transport for you then :wink:

I know Porth quite well but rarely up there, but like I said I know those two guys from Ponty go to Afan quite a bit.

Cheers mukka, went on MTBwales.com and joinedup there, can't make it tomorrow damn plumber comming at 9am gggrrr.

have a good un
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    im hoping to get back on my bike in next two weeks (after time off for surgery), i need to get fit for Afan enduro in september, so will be looking for people to ride with, hopefully i wont have lost too much fitness in my 5 wks off
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • underdog
    Good ride yesterday, very wet in places and one whinger :wink:

In the end done July and Whites, good fun had all around.
  • WelshGiant
    underdog wrote:

Yeh was a good day out, Got soaked due to all the standing water on the trails and good to meet you both guys.
  • Axleuk
    underdog wrote:

I know. Don't worry, we won't take WelshGiant with us again. *winks*

I'll be honest, I won't be doing a back to back ride with work again. Didn't sleep for 24 hrs and felt like shit. It was tough after a few weeks break and not fully recovered from the 3 peaks challenge the week before but still enjoyed it in a 'frikkin killed me' sort of way.[/i]
  • iety2004
    iety2004 Posts: 17
    I live just of J36 of the M4 and haven't ridden any routes at Afan Argoed. :?

And i cant think of one good reason why not :roll:

I did ride to Afan Argoed once, through Margam Foresty (my normal haunt), Maesteg Golf course near Bryn and dropping down to the visitor centre through the forestry. But at this point i'd covered 17 miles, so turned around and went home :shock: but thats doesnt count. lol

So be good to get out there and start riding these routes i keep looking at on map.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    iety2004 wrote:

I did ride to Afan Argoed once, through Margam Foresty (my normal haunt), Maesteg Golf course near Bryn and dropping down to the visitor centre through the forestry. But at this point i'd covered 17 miles, so turned around and went home :shock: but thats doesnt count. lol

So be good to get out there and start riding these route i keep looking at on map.

that bit down through the forest at bryn is probably part of the penhydd trail. my brother in law lives in maesteg and we always used to ride up to there and cut down the penhydd to the trail centre. :D
  • iety2004
    iety2004 Posts: 17
    yeah i think is it, but its closed when it gets really step going up, over looking bryn, so had to turn right and go the longer way around. Lucky i has a OS map on me i guess, lucky or sad its one of the two :P
  • Andywyre
    Andywyre Posts: 73
    Hi all

I'm coming down on hols for 2 weeks wife is taking my MTB down for me, are their any rides i can tag along on ???????????

I'm stopping in the Gower
    I ride xc (old git mind)
    Their from 24th

Cheers

And
    :twisted:
  • plodtv
    plodtv Posts: 40
    iety2004 wrote:

So be good to get out there and start riding these routes i keep looking at on map.

I live just down the road from you (slip road to J35) I have not lived here long and don't know any local trail. I have been to Afan Argoed though, Whites is the best thing ive ridden yet, deffinately worth a sniff.