south wales Rides?

Comments

• welshkev wrote:
    fair play! seems pretty perfect though!

i do like where i live :D loads of natural riding around any way i look :D

i do work in cardiff though and it takes me around 50mins in the morning to get there :(

lol, want to swap?

i live in cardiff and work in Caerphilly :lol:
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    is cwmcarn ok again now?
    i went there yesterday morning and was too much ice to have a proper ride, so headed over and rode the Darren DH instead.
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i rode up from cwmbran and that side of the mountain was fine. my mate rode up from cwmcarn car park and he said that it was still pretty much un rideable in places. i met him at the top of the climb and there was still loads of ice around.

pic from today, you can see a bit of the ice:

p4pb5964845.jpg
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    welshkev wrote:
    i rode up from cwmbran and that side of the mountain was fine. my mate rode up from cwmcarn car park and he said that it was still pretty much un rideable in places. i met him at the top of the climb and there was still loads of ice around.

p4pb5964845.jpg

yeah its no fun in the ice, gotta ride too tentatively, its taking forever to defrost up there, would have been fine if we didnt have that one day of rain, just aswell there are so many better natural tracks around to play with
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • just done a night ride at Cwmcarn this evening, only a few sketchy icy bits - on the whole it was all good :D carpark and crossing tarmac bits were the worst.
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • welshkev
    jonnyc2420 wrote:
    just done a night ride at Cwmcarn this evening, only a few sketchy icy bits - on the whole it was all good :D carpark and crossing tarmac bits were the worst.

nutter!!! i was taking it easy in the day time :shock: :lol:
  • welshkev
    rhyko7 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

p4pb5964845.jpg

yeah its no fun in the ice, gotta ride too tentatively, its taking forever to defrost up there, would have been fine if we didnt have that one day of rain, just aswell there are so many better natural tracks around to play with

yeah, i rode up from cwmbran, did the descents at cwmcarn and then looped back up the fireroad from the bottom of cwmcarn so i could have a play at upper cwmbran and there was no ice at all there and the ground was frozen so it was rolling real fast and flowy :D
  • I'm an old git too, but i'm up for this. Dont do face book but will give it a try.
    Marc
  • welshkev
    where you from marc? welcome to the forum :D
  • welshkev
    itsmygame wrote:
    so anyone out tomoorow morn? pontypool /cwmcarn?

i'm available any night this week mate if you fancy a blast, i'll drop you a text aswell :D
  • Hi kev and others. i'm in raglan, not far from you. I ride at weekends mainly., planing to get out lots at christmas. Any one else?
  • kev might be able to do wednesday night drop me a text :lol:
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • welshkev
    fatbikedog wrote:
    Hi kev and others. i'm in raglan, not far from you. I ride at weekends mainly., planing to get out lots at christmas. Any one else?

i'm actually away in tenerife visiting the gf's parents for most of christmas, but i'm back on the 28th and plan to get at least 1 ride in before i get back to work.....keep in touch :D
  • Gonna try and get out for a spin tomorrow to be fair. Hope it's not that frozen up there still :(
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Afan W2 is still nasty at the moment, just as well walked around it :(
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • might be at cwm on sunday if anyone is interested?
  • If the weather holds Ill be at cwmcarn on sunday. Planning to start about 11.
  • welshkev
    it's my works 'do' on saturday night so i'll be in no fit state to ride on sunday :lol: lets hope this forecast snow doesn't fook things up even more for us :D
  • This weekend is my last in wales :(

Gonna be back in northernland as of the 23rd!

Fecking snow, can't be arsed on Sunday if its being snowing :(
  • welshkev
    well, i've got around 6 inches of snow with me, must be worse up on the trails :(
  • yup... this weekend will be a no go for riding for me at least :(
  • kev/anyone interested in a ride tomorrow if the snow stays and theres no ice??
  • welshkev
    itsmygame wrote:
    kev/anyone interested in a ride tomorrow if the snow stays and theres no ice??

just text you mate :D
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Easily got about a foot of the white stuff where I live. Gutted, got a week off next week and had planned on my first trip to Afan :cry:
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • tidy kev got the text ..... just hope your do is done lol....

i wanna go riding lol
  • jndb72
    afan is awesome i did whites last week for the first time.... still smiling now
  • is anyone going tomorrow for a comedy ride?
  • welshkev
    is anyone going tomorrow for a comedy ride?

i might try and get out for a quick ride around a local route, i was supposed to meet itsmy game today (sorry i didn't text you mate) but i was going on my works do, then i wasn't, then the trains weren't running, then they were, then work cancelled it :lol:

didn't find out until about 2pm i wasn't going and by then i'd lost all enthusiasm for going riding, sorry dude :oops:

probably ride at pontypool park tomorrow morning for an hour
  • welshkev
    can anyone give me directions for an xc route on machen mountain? i'm not sure how to get up there, or which side :lol:
  • if your going out in the morning ill come ..... plus ill even forgive you for not texting me lol. are you def going?? what time you thinking.

The Northern Monkey

where you hoping to go mate.... i love comedy lol