south wales Rides?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690

Plus I'm on a rally Sat night and doubt i'll be back before 3/4am Sunday morning. Kev; if you bring the Ignitor though I can meet you in the car park @ 9:30 and cross your palm with a ginger bit of paper.

ok mate, i'll bring it with me :D
  • Random question: would anyone be interested in invading Scotland around septemberish time?
  • welshkev
    Random question: would anyone be interested in invading Scotland around septemberish time?

i'd love to mate. but i have a family holiday pencilled in for the first week of september. if that changes then yes :D
  • hhhhmmmm sounds good im interested........... as long as i dont have to organize anything lol.

is it 9 30 sunday?
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • welshkev wrote:
    Random question: would anyone be interested in invading Scotland around septemberish time?

i'd love to mate. but i have a family holiday pencilled in for the first week of september. if that changes then yes :D

Doesn't have to be September :wink:
    I just picked the month out lol!

I don't mind organizing it, been to Glentress the past 3 years which is probably what I'd be thinking.. lots of trail, close to Innerliethen etc.

Only cost really would be fuel and food I guess... camping was fairly cheap iirc!
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    welshkev wrote:

Plus I'm on a rally Sat night and doubt i'll be back before 3/4am Sunday morning. Kev; if you bring the Ignitor though I can meet you in the car park @ 9:30 and cross your palm with a ginger bit of paper.

Pleasure cheers Kev.

Re the trip - yea could be interested. I don't fancy driving to Scotland in the Celica though - 15mpg could work out a bit dear :lol:

Obviously happy to split petrol though, and happy to camp.
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • welshkev wrote:

Pleasure cheers Kev.

Re the trip - yea could be interested. I don't fancy driving to Scotland in the Celica though - 15mpg could work out a bit dear :lol:

Obviously happy to split petrol though, and happy to camp.
    i'm not into that sorta stuff... i'll make sure its separete tents :lol:
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    and i'll pitch my tent behind you Ben :wink:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    was going to say im up for some of that but you guys always arsing about be nice for us Welsh givin it some in Scotland

who started this? lol

sounds like a plan to me "mountainbike trip that is" :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Alright losers.... who's coming tomorrow then?

I'll have a look into Glentress etc etc :)
  • i'll be there :)
    del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • welshkev
    me and gareth will be there as well as my mates lee and nathan :D
  • welshkev
    they better not be more whippets!
  • welshkev
    welshkev
    they better not be more whippets!

unfortunately, they are :(
  • ahh.... see you at the back then? :lol:
  • welshkev
    ahh.... see you at the back then? :lol:

Yep :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    I b there, will be in a red 04 clio, gissa shout so i know who/where u are.
    l8rz peeps.

Darren.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Pr][nCe

Your bike is absolutely stunning, must have cost an absolute fortune,
  • Alright chaps, sorry I was uber uber late!

What a ride though, I really really enjoyed it! love it when its wet and cold!

Gareth, did your joplin fail?

Mine wouldn't stay down on the final descent :(
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe

Your bike is absolutely stunning, must have cost an absolute fortune,

Cheers mukka, labour of love over the last few years, then got the 2010 heckler frame and my old chamelion became a donor bike, yea its only money can't take it with ya :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Pr][nCe
    Well i didn't get to meet any of you peeps as planned, mostly because i didnt have a clue what you looked like what cars and bikes u had, and my post on here wasn't until late so doupt anyone read it dou! waited for a bit asked about got talking then tagged on to another group of lads, if/when your on here guys nice one had a great laugh, hope to meet up again sometime soon, few punctures, "simon", lots of off,s Gareth, one totaly tacoed front wheel, hope you made it back to the car ok, lucky wasn't to far into the ride.

To say the day was Wet and Windy would be the mother of all under statments, went with front 2.3 high roller, and my worn rear 2.1 ignitor, was superb, think a new ignitor for the rear and thats my tyre choice sorted for the wentwood run...

Hope to meet up with you guys next time, take it easy, well unless your racing :)
    Darren.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    Alright chaps, sorry I was uber uber late!

it was a good laugh wasn't it :D you go around on your own in the end?

PR][NCE

what time were you there mate? a heckler is my next frame BTW :D

just for future reference this is what some of us look like

p4pb6045371.jpg
  • welshkev wrote:
    Alright chaps, sorry I was uber uber late!

it was a good laugh wasn't it :D you go around on your own in the end?

PR][NCE

p4pb6045371.jpg

Yup just pootled round on ma tod lol. Met a few peole on the way, I swore I got overtaken by Gee Atherton at one point :lol: caught up at the bottom of the long climb and it definitely wasn't him, looked very similar and hadd the same accent though!
    Was good though, only stopped once really.... Motivated by this 25k, I really don't want to suck ass and die on it haha!
  • Where are your usual Sunday rides, if Cwmcarn then I'd be up for tagging along if poss...? Live in Malvern, so Cwm is only a hour on good run..

Children and hectic lives have pretty much stopped my previous biking buds from venturing out further than the local Malverns, plus I have entered the Wentwood 50k, currently going on my own :(

Steve
  • Pr][nCe
    welshkev wrote:
    PR][NCE

about 9:15-9:20 was just asking peeps "oh you Welsh Kev of the forum" got some strange look for sure lol, ended up haveing a great run tho, at least i got an idea next time from the pic :)

totaly loving the Heckler, just simply works for me :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    nosebag wrote:
    Where are your usual Sunday rides, if Cwmcarn then I'd be up for tagging along if poss...? Live in Malvern, so Cwm is only a hour on good run..

Children and hectic lives have pretty much stopped my previous biking buds from venturing out further than the local Malverns, plus I have entered the Wentwood 50k, currently going on my own :(

Steve

hi steve,

yeah at the moment we're meeting at cwmcarn on a sunday morning at 9.30. we may try further afield when the weather gets better but cwmcarn is always good even in the wet :D

feel free to join us, we're getting a decent bunch of people together now :D and we're all doing the enduro, some of us the 25km and i think only 2 idiots doing the 50km :wink:

sorry we missed you prince, i drive a blue 04 golf with the bikes on the roof for next time
  • hi guys just checking in..........

great ride today even if i did have to do half of it without a saddle.... my thighs are killing now lol. ben for some reason the angle pivots which hold the saddle welded it into a 90 degree angle, only good if you like taking one up the crimper lol. had to drop it and ride standing on the pedals. then deldans chain snapped then i got a pinch flat just before coming over the wooden bridge into the carpark. also got home and found no pads left. ha .

it really was a good ride the weather made it interesting and more fun. :D

i agree with kev we got a good bunch of boys now and more are always welcome. hopefully you both can make it next time and prince sorry we missed you.

ben try playing with the barrel adjuster or tightening up the main cable. mine works great drop wise so ill take a look if you aint got it sorted next time. have you covered it with some inner tube. if not get it done it does help.

sorry for the long post guys

peace.
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Pr][nCe
    welshkev, itsmygame. it's ok my own dumb fault for not asking what, who, how etc sooner.tagged on to a group of guys and had a great day, first time out of the vallys in months.

drive train was binding up thought i might have got another run out of it was worn and kept binding up sawlike cassette grabing the chain gggrrr, just finished a total strip down of bike.

ordered: small & middle chainrings, chain, rear cassette, jocky wheels, brake pads F & R,
    to order: maxxis ignitor 2.1 for the rear.

try again next week lol.
    red 04 Clio, roofrack also.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    itsmygame wrote:

. also got home and found no pads left. ha .

yeah, i know. i had brand new pads in my brakes and they took a battering yesterday. that mud is really gritty isn't it :x
  • hi guys
    that was my problem as well checked back brake pads and there was just metal. :(
    great time though, :D Gareth, about your saddle angle when ever i saw you you had a big smile on your face so i think you were enjoying it really :wink::wink: .
    del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban