south wales Rides?

Comments

• Hope the rest of the ride went OK lads, I ended up up whacking a speed link on at the bottom then doing the end section of the downhill, going back up and ding the XC final descent...chain was still slipping in most gears so ordered some new bits.

Fucking Bikes :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    ride was great, but didn't take long to get dark, i had a spare sram power link if needed.

Where the hell can i find info on FOD enduro on the 25th as i have had no info as to start location, time, etc?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Hi mate, in return for your info on Afan i present you with this little gift..... http://www.fodmbe.org.uk/ :wink:

Still undecided as to what to do tomorrow, spoke to a mate who has done W2 and says its a definite challenge......i think it depends on what time i manage to drag myself out of bed and get down there :lol:

Just as a quick recap, am i right in thinking W2 does all the best bits from both the wall and whites i.e...all the main descents? including the black run on whites?
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Dartster wrote:
    Hi mate, in return for your info on Afan i present you with this little gift..... http://www.fodmbe.org.uk/ :wink:

Still undecided as to what to do tomorrow, spoke to a mate who has done W2 and says its a definite challenge......i think it depends on what time i manage to drag myself out of bed and get down there :lol:

Just as a quick recap, am i right in thinking W2 does all the best bits from both the wall and whites i.e...all the main descents? including the black run on whites?

it's basically whites and the wall put together - hence w2. they're just joined up by riding along the old train track iirc :D
  • Pr][nCe
    as Kev said Dartster, ^

i have the fod website but there is no info on there about start times, sign in etc etc.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]as Kev said Dartster, ^

i have the fod website but there is no info on there about start times, sign in etc etc.

It says that sign in is between 8 and 10am at the event centre which is at the start venue....it says the start venue is at sallow vallets so I don't know if signing in is by there then? I see what u mean, its not overly clear!

I rode W2 after today, was epic, really enjoyed it....I see what u boys meant about both trails having their merits, whites was a lot more technical and the wall was really fast and flowing....both great trails. I did enjoy the technical side of whites, was nice to do something different!

All in all cracking day, great weather as well. Will def be doing that again!
  • Pr][nCe
    W2 next time then :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • ah sry, that was my bad english there, i missed a comma out......I did ride W2 today mate!
  • "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]ride was great, but didn't take long to get dark, i had a spare sram power link if needed.

Fetch it along tonight if you would, no new bits yet but a fannied around with the bike last night and hope to survive a ride without any issues, but ya never know...I might need to roll back to the car again. :|
  • Pr][nCe
    Will do mike cya at 6 :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]Will do mike cya at 6 :)

you getting it done before it gets dark guys or are you needing your lights at the end?
  • Cheers Daz

Lights required pretty much now Kev. Sunset is 7:15 or so, lights out at 7:45? and that does not factor in being in a valley, cloud cover or tree cover.
  • welshkev
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Cheers Daz

Lights required pretty much now Kev. Sunset is 7:15 or so, lights out at 7:45? and that does not factor in being in a valley, cloud cover or tree cover.

thought as much mike, i'll have to dig the lights out :-)
  • Got my headtorch sorted now, but haven't been able to charge any of my batteries as the damm thing has a 2 pin socket and my adapter is somewhere in a box at my folks house. Should be ok though.

Hopefully I'll remember all my pads and gloves tonight as well!
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • I have not had time to get to fixing the back wheel so have a good ride guys.
  • msp1
    msp1 Posts: 59
    Don't post very often and short notice but looking to do Afan tomorrow morning. Most probably working but if anyone is interested let me know. Travelling from Barry if a lift is required en route?
  • Great ride tonight but something left me feeling a bit flat.

:lol:
  • That joke left me feeling a bit deflated :roll:
    Nukeproof Mega AM

• Another good ride lads, sorry i had to shoot off but i had to ride home and you all smell :lol:
    GT AGGRESSOR XC2 2009
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS 2010
    http://www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk
  • Pr][nCe
    clamps81 wrote:
    Got my headtorch sorted now, but haven't been able to charge any of my batteries as the damm thing has a 2 pin socket and my adapter is somewhere in a box at my folks house. Should be ok though.

Hopefully I'll remember all my pads and gloves tonight as well!

if its the twin 18650 cell charger for the torches just cut it off and fit a uk plug.

was a lovely ride nice night, loved it, well bar the puncture, but at least i had just the one, when ya gotta go shaun you gotta go :) cya soon peeps.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • I'll have to get on one of these night rides when I'm back... I only have a single magic shine though so I'll have to invest in some more substantial kit!

Ideally I need another torch at least!
  • I'll have to get on one of these night rides when I'm back... I only have a single magic shine though so I'll have to invest in some more substantial kit!

Ideally I need another torch at least!

Magic Shine + Torch at a minimum I would say. Everyone out last night had at least 2 light sources, I bar mounted and 1 head mounted. what goes where is personal preference mind. I doubled up but found that I didn't get much more light by having 2 torches on or 2 magic shines but am reassured to have backup light and increased run time (assuming I leave one of each off)
  • I think I'm going to double up on the headtorches, but one magicshine on the bars provides a decent amount of floodlighting.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

• Daz
    i received an e-mail today with a link to fod enduro, start times , parking as well as a few more bits and pieces.
    Del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    guys we are arranging a dig day up wyllie soon. we have a group on facebook called blackwood mtb boys join up if u wish
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Sounds interesting Chris, when you say dig day I guess you mean trail building? sounds like a good workout to me so am happy to lend a hand...or 2....and a shovel.
  • cwmboyo

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • cwmboyo
    sorry mike this is the one
    Blackwood Boys and others XC DH days out

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • welshkev
    cwmboyo wrote:
    guys we are arranging a dig day up wyllie soon. we have a group on facebook called blackwood mtb boys join up if u wish

what's happening up there? a mate of mine said that they're felling loads of trees and taking away a load of trails up there?
  • I'd be interested in a dig day (if indeed we're thinking what we're thinking it's is..) :? anyway you know what I mean..

Few cans and shovels and a good time should be had by all, then shred down our accomplishments :D

Beer then biking - what could possibly go wrong
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...