south wales Rides?

Comments

• Thats meeting at Cwmcarn at 9:30 :wink:

I hope skidding isn't on my face though!
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Awesome ride this morning with Ben! Rode the FR 4 times to warm up which was great then headed over the the DH, we we're both pinned fair play, got some really sweet air on the bottom section (hope the guy taking photos caught me on that tabletop!)

Brilliant morning and really pumped up for the uplift day this Sunday now.
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    Anyone riding now :-D just got home from work. At last I think I am well now, w00t. I guess its a bit late notetis. Will anyone out tomorrow? I am working till 4 then free.
  • Anyone know when Skyline is due to close, and if not yet, what sort of state is it in?

My brother wants to come down and ride it before it closes, but I'd heard somewhere that they weren't really keeping it in great shape in some places?
  • Awesome ride this morning with Ben! Rode the FR 4 times to warm up which was great then headed over the the DH, we we're both pinned fair play, got some really sweet air on the bottom section (hope the guy taking photos caught me on that tabletop!)

Brilliant morning and really pumped up for the uplift day this Sunday now.

My legs are fecked haha! I'm acing like a mofo today!

Great ride though, got the Canyon dialled and seriously can't wait till next weekend! (Saturday btw!).
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Why do I keep saying Sunday :? :roll:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom
    there is talk of meeting at 6 at bm tomorrow.

others are talking about meeting at 6 at cc. lol

so we all do bm?
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    who's doing what tomorrow then peeps? i prefer to go CC as im droping mrs off down Cardiff, but if more are going to BM well it will be a round trip :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Welsh_Tom
    When I said cc I ment cwm just so you know dar. Also it was mike that said cwm before the others said bm. But now his bike is broke. Lol. I am easy. Cwm is better for me but not by much.
  • Pr][nCe
    im easy Tom, 6at CC or 6at BM well the crown pub lol???
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • HELP! this bike is one problem after another! :cry:

I brought a 2nd had set of wheels and the spokes seam quite slack (the tyre even hit the frame when I was riding earlier!

is anybody any good at adjusting spokes as I haven't got a clue and cant afford taking them to a shop as i'm skint from buying them :(
  • Pr][nCe
    Me and Tom going to CC be in car park at 5:45 ish if anyone fancys it :-)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Good crack last night dudes. :D
  • Pr][nCe
    my cracks not so good this morning after me little tumble lol.

mrs not happy can't go FOD shite happens init peeps :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]my cracks not so good this morning after me little tumble lol.

mrs not happy can't go FOD shite happens init peeps :)

You all bruised up and a little stiff then?, or something more serious?
  • Welsh_Tom
    Fking ace ride yest, i love it all besides when dar went a bit to big over that jump..... :cry:

was sure it was air ambulance time :cry:

but he got up and was on it like... something on it. my hero :P

got some great air yest, was very happy.

going to run fod blue tomorrow morning if anyone is free. was leaving about 11.

anyone know where it is btw??
  • Welsh_Tom
    On a side note, loads of roots have been removed from cwm's red, replaced by flat rocks. the root drop after the run after the freeride is now gone
  • Welsh_Tom wrote:
    On a side note, loads of roots have been removed from cwm's red, replaced by flat rocks. the root drop after the run after the freeride is now gone

Noticed that too.. shite innit!
  • Pr][nCe
    edited August 2011
    battered and bruised and rang me bell a little mike, when i got home mrs was asking me who was there i could not think of anybody's name after like hour or so i said Tom, nor did i know where i went, was like newport way went down there, could not think of cwm carn.

checked my helmet not a mark on it, so dunno landed in bit of ditch perhaps my body took the brunt and my head got a little whiplashed.

stayed up till like 2am to be sure.

Bikes ok tho happy days :)

Tom mrs and I going to FOD tommorow if im not to stiff, no set time mrs day off so won't be an early start.

anyone got a post code or somit as website is useless?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Damn Daz, wasn't on that big tabletop was it? Did you have the camera rolling?!

Speedy recovery fella!
  • Pr][nCe
    Damn Daz, wasn't on that big tabletop was it? Did you have the camera rolling?!

Speedy recovery fella!

was on the second jump on the DH start rear of bike just kicked out big time overshot landing was all crossed up and nose down, pulled it back level but was hard landing then and was off center, dug in and spat me off to the woods, so i just dumped it hard did not want to be fighting it in the trees.

sadly as we was late out no vid :(
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]
    Damn Daz, wasn't on that big tabletop was it? Did you have the camera rolling?!

Speedy recovery fella!

was on the second jump on the DH start rear of bike just kicked out big time overshot landing was all crossed up and nose down, pulled it back level but was hard landing then and was off center, dug in and spat me off to the woods, so i just dumped it hard did not want to be fighting it in the trees.

sadly as we was late out no vid :(

Damn :(

Well I hope it doesn't put you off riding fella, hope the bike came out a bit better off than yourself!
  • Pr][nCe
    will just slow down for a bit Ben ;)

Tom
    this is what im using to get there

New Road, Coleford, GL16 7EH, UK
    this is the shop onsite in the carpark.

http://www.pedalabikeaway.co.uk
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Welsh_Tom
    I think that is the pay car park dar.

GL15 4HG << thats the free one from what ican tell. but not sure if there is anywhere never the blue. my m8 thinks he knows where he is going. i am leaving newport where chris lives at 10 - 10:30. maybe we can meet there dar. i will give u a bell when i get up.
  • Hope you are OK to make it out to FOD Daz, strange you getting dazed and confused like that as you seemed pretty lucid after the crash.

Anyway, hope you all have fun in the FOD, looks like you got a cracking day for it.

I will be doing CC tonight at approx 5:30, if anyone is interested lemme know and I will wait otherwise I will just crack on with a lap.
  • Bad news Daz, surprising you had memory lapses and everything afterwards :shock:fair play to you; you did it properly :D

Glad you're up and ok now though. Did you manage to get down the DH ok after?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • i need to get out on my bike soon i havent been out in 3 weeks lol been building a garage in my garden and this weekend i gota start fitting new windows so thats gonna be a month. not appy lol gonna be out next weekend tho no matter what happens!!!!
    Riding since 2010
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    been away all week on a training course guys.

glad you're ok daz....sounded nasty :shock:
  • Hi guys, Went to FOD today, did the blue run, first go was fun. the uphill are not to bad and the overall trake is good, but the last section is ace. so fast. so many jumps to try and hold on over :lol: but great fun.

Me and my m8 then ran the red trake, talk about roots. all over the place. one root on top of a bomb hole had the better of my skills and i went for a flying lesson :oops: nice cut on my arm, but not to bad.

we then bumped into a now ok dar and did the blue again. this time it took me abotu a hour as i was fked, dam 3 weeks ill off the bike sucks. i went slow but bombed the last bit its great.

what ppl doing next sat?
  • Pr][nCe
    Yea still did the rest James, quickest way down init :)

F.O.D.
    Twatnav took me to the town so wasted 15-20 minutes driving around lol, finally got to carpark, went on family run with the mrs, then met up with Tom and m8 Chris great timing coming off the trails :) Mrs went for a brew we went for a blast on the Blue run, still little sore Mike but was ok.

Chris was off like a scolded cat from the start, said he was up and over the zigzag top before me and Tom even came into sight long gone, got to carpark and he said must have been on it as he could here my hope freewheel hub catching him so he was peddling like mad on the very last bit back to carpark for me not to catch him up lol.

He is a little competitive me thinks Tom? :)

Weather was lush what more can i say great day out, got home and me new light were waiting for me to pick up from post office :)

Happy Dayz Peeps :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003