south wales Rides?

Comments

• Finally some good news chaps! I got my tracking number today, been keeping an eye on it since I got the email lol.
    Due for delivery on Friday so I won't be playing on the DH just yet, sorry fellas!

Still no news re: the Boardman though :(
  • LarJones
    LarJones Posts: 88
    Are people playing DH at cwmcarn tomorrow evening then? I may well join if that's the case, although won't be able to make 6 because I'm still meant to be working then, but can be there soon after, and if you're only playing on the bottom sections should be easy enough to find you.

Also weekend plans, I'm keen to get out saturday afternoon and all day sunday, if anyone is game?

I've got my mind set on doing a route in the black mountains (featured in MBUK issue 265) which sounds pretty awesome if anyone fancies joining me for that? It's probably a bit of an all day epic, so would want good weather, and also the correct map (Explorer OL13 or landranger 161) which I don't have, so might be a bit of a longshot but let me know if anyone fancies it!

Cheers,

Lawrence
  • LarJones
    I was looking at that route.. Does look pretty epic!
    Not sure how my body would take it though!!
  • LarJones
    Pack plenty of nuts and jelly and give plenty of time and you'll be fine, sounds as if it will be worth the pain for those singletrack descents!
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    Ben what's wrong with the boardman ?
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    LarJones wrote:
    Are people playing DH at cwmcarn tomorrow evening then? I may well join if that's the case, although won't be able to make 6 because I'm still meant to be working then, but can be there soon after, and if you're only playing on the bottom sections should be easy enough to find you.

Also weekend plans, I'm keen to get out saturday afternoon and all day sunday, if anyone is game?

I've got my mind set on doing a route in the black mountains (featured in MBUK issue 265) which sounds pretty awesome if anyone fancies joining me for that? It's probably a bit of an all day epic, so would want good weather, and also the correct map (Explorer OL13 or landranger 161) which I don't have, so might be a bit of a longshot but let me know if anyone fancies it!

Cheers,

Lawrence

Are you thinking of that for sunday?

I am free from 4 sat, but may be going out drinking, but if not i could do a cwm run sat night, maybe.

Sunday my m8 wont to go to wentwood. he knows bit of it.

So we could do that if no one wonts to do that all dayyer sunday.

I would not mind that alldayyer but i may be hungover somewhere. not sure yet

have not been out drinking in ages but i also wont to get out riding.
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Tomorrow night sounds good for sessioning the bottom DH everyone. I doubt I'll get there for 6 either but I'll just be turning up and riding, yea as said we'll all bump into each other. Bring on my fear of being in the air! :lol: :roll:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Welsh_Tom
    Tomorrow night sounds good for sessioning the bottom DH everyone. I doubt I'll get there for 6 either but I'll just be turning up and riding, yea as said we'll all bump into each other. Bring on my fear of being in the air! :lol: :roll:

I will cu in the car park at 6:15 8)
  • LarJones
    Ideal, 6.15 in the car park it is then. I'll be driving a little purple BMW (not as gay as it sounds, honest) and riding a white orange 222, if you see me just say hello.

WelshTom - Yeah i was thinking of doing the all dayer on sunday; I'm probably working saturday morning. I won't be doing it on my own though, so was just a suggestion to see if people fancied it, i understand the classic drinking vs getting a good days riding in decision, usually plan the latter, then the other one happens once i've got a few in me!
  • Welsh_Tom
    lar pm me your number?

maybe we can get this lots asss in gear if i dont go out drinking :P

if the weaether is going to be nice i wont a ride more
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    is it too late to organize a ride for tomoz-anyone up for riding machen, whiley and myndd islwym tomorrow? 2-3 hours ish
    im off work friday too.
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    Hi All

GUTTED :!: :!:
    My front juicy three packed in yesterday.
    Took it up Ians for a super fix attempt but we decided it needed binning.

Has anyone got a front brake in their spares box they want to sell before i try and raid the Kids piggy bank :!: :!:

Thanks lads
  • itsmygame wrote:

Bottom bracket is borked.

Currently sat in EC Cycles awaiting new bearings!

All that water at Nant Y Arian took its toll!!!
  • Tomorrow night sounds good for sessioning the bottom DH everyone. I doubt I'll get there for 6 either but I'll just be turning up and riding, yea as said we'll all bump into each other. Bring on my fear of being in the air! :lol: :roll:

:cry::cry:

I might pop over to say hello, if you're doing the bottom section i'll get some vids/pics on the old mobile (tis 720p so should be pretty good).
  • Welsh_Tom
    itsmygame wrote:

Hi ben... looks like you got no bikes tomorrow but friday 2 will come alone at once :lol:

I will get my coat
  • Welsh_Tom wrote:
    itsmygame wrote:

Hi ben... looks like you got no bikes tomorrow but friday 2 will come alone at once :lol:

I will get my coat

Cheeky git :P hehe.

Might see you at Cwm anyway! I need the fresh air!
  • Squarepants
    Not sure I can do Sunday Lar - have the nephew all weekend :?

Nice one Ben get involved, you might even get a few runs on the Hanzz if you fancy 8)

See you all tomorrow eve then :D

p.s. I finish at 5 and won't be home until at least half 5 so I'll be up asap
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom

:cry::cry:

I might pop over to say hello, if you're doing the bottom section i'll get some vids/pics on the old mobile (tis 720p so should be pretty good).

you can film me wimping out and pulling the brakes just before every jump :cry::lol:
  • itsmygame
    Ben I had email from superstar today they've started doing pressfit bbs about 25 quid and ceramic for 50 
  • itsmygame
    Nath what happened to the brake I thought they were new when you bought them ?
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    itsmygame wrote:
    Nath what happened to the brake I thought they were new when you bought them ?

Hi bud
    They were new. Thing is that was about 4 years ago :lol:
    Just changed the pads and the front Brake decided to give up the ghost.
    Looks like Merlin have some special offer ones on there. Should be able to get a new juicy three for £30.00 ( in White!!) It's describedas 185 IS mount but I believe these also fit post mount. Hope so. Thought I'd check if anyone on here had any spare old one they wanted to get rid of but If not I'll have to buy one. Just do without the cost at the mo with everything that's going on :x

How's the finger bud
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    not going to make it until the earliest 6:30 tonight peeps hope to be there very soon after tho
    l8rz
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Pr][nCe
    not going to make it until the earliest 6:30 tonight peeps hope to be there very soon after tho
    l8rz
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    You can buy adaptors IS to post mount.
  • Squarepants
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]not going to make it until the earliest 6:30 tonight peeps hope to be there very soon after tho
    l8rz

Samer here, what's the weather doing though lads :? looks like peeing it down from 6 until 8 - perfect... :|
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom
    Its nice atm. But it has been raining all day. Looks like we will be getting wet
  • Pr][nCe
    im hoping for a nice dry window, but its been wet most the day here so rain coming down just as wet as mud comming up lol
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • sorry I missed this lads... like a fcuktard I forgot to pack trainers and shorts this morning so I wasn't standing around in my work gear :lol:

Canyon is back on for tomorrow though!

Screenshot2011-08-11at191059.png
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    sorry I missed this lads... like a fcuktard I forgot to pack trainers and shorts this morning so I wasn't standing around in my work gear :lol:

Canyon is back on for tomorrow though!

Screenshot2011-08-11at191059.png

nice one ben. you can always let me test ride it for you to make sure there's nothing wrong with it if you can't ride this weekend :lol:
  • Argh! its gone back to monday now!