south wales Rides?

Comments

• Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    Great fun tonight guys. nice to meet Lawrence, nice to see jimbo out, and dar..... welll :twisted: :lol:

dar and Lawrence had some made skills on show going over the big road drop with no fear.

great fun night can not swait to see the pic's and vids

We need to start getting numbers to see who is free sunday for a big one, or a smaller afternoon one.

i am easy on both but would like to do the all dayyer but we will need a few numbers
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Yea good riding tonight (bout blo@dy time I can write a post like that!) pushed up to the road section and sessioned the DH a good few times, thanks to all the boys, cheers to Daz for GoPro'ing and photoing it.. Feeling it now!.. first time in a while.

Can't make an all day Sunday but may be able to do an afternoon session, can;t promise anything but fingers crossed.

What's going on Ben?! They're teasing the female part of your anatomy..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Welsh_Tom
    Lawrence:

Is this the one??

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/97410458
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Is that the listed Crickhowell route from the Brecon Beacons MTB guide? If so have a paper copy and was thinking of giving it a look at some point.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • out for delivery in Cardiff!! fingers crossed!!
  • Welsh_Tom
    clamps81 wrote:
    Is that the listed Crickhowell route from the Brecon Beacons MTB guide? If so have a paper copy and was thinking of giving it a look at some point.
    yes. You up for that for sunday? What do you mean by paper? The one from the magazine?
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Probably be a ruin on Sunday - doing a 45km charity ride on sat. Should be back to normal next week though with a bit more time for riding.

I did a few rides up Brecon way back in May and picked up a brochure thing with a list of various routes including the Gap and the Crickhowell one looks broadly similar to one of the ones in the brochure. It's mirrored online here :

http://www.mtbbreconbeacons.co.uk/hubs/ ... -du-forest
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    fair play daz and lar (i guess it's you as i haven't met you :lol: ) dropping in that road drop, i haven't worked up the balls to do it yet, wish i was there last night now as it might've been the motivation i needed to see you 2 do it 8)
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    When are you guys up for doing the bottom half of the D/H again. Would love to join you.
  • LarJones
    LarJones Posts: 88
    Yeah that looks like it might be the one tom, does anybody have one of the fancy gadgets required to use that?

Also, anyone up for a ride tomorrow afternoon?

Good fun thursday night too, night to see some vids/pics, even if the weather wasn't on our side!
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Ian will have todo it again in the week, on a nice day tho get the cams out then and hopefully have good light.

Tom we still on for this big un on Sunday? or more to the point anyone know where the hell we going lol.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Welsh_Tom
    LarJones wrote:
    Yeah that looks like it might be the one tom, does anybody have one of the fancy gadgets required to use that?

Also, anyone up for a ride tomorrow afternoon?

Good fun thursday night too, night to see some vids/pics, even if the weather wasn't on our side!

so I got 2 mates that are up for sunday. but i know the one is drinking tomorrow night so i think wentwood on sunday afternoon is better for him.

so big sunday run we got

lar
    tom
    dar
    chris (one m8)
    dan (other m8)

Or we did wentwood if we can not find a map for this big one.

Its looking likey i can not be assed to go out drinking tomorrow so i think i can ride with u and my one m8 also up for a ride.

dar u free also tomorrow?

where do u wont to go tomorrow lar?
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom wrote:

there dar ^^^^^^
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    there no good if we not got garmin or somit simular to read off lol

sry m8 cant do Sat, Sunday ride only for me.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Welsh_Tom
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]there no good if we not got garmin or somit simular to read off lol

sry m8 cant do Sat, Sunday ride only for me.

my dad is going to see if he can find that map for me tomorrow. so wel will have that.
  • ianm59 wrote:
    When are you guys up for doing the bottom half of the D/H again. Would love to join you.

Monday anyone? :lol:

WP_000160.jpg
  • welshkev
    ianm59 wrote:

Monday anyone? :lol:

WP_000160.jpg

SWEET 8)
  • Squarepants
    Just put a 400 lb (from 450lb) spring on the back of the Hanzz, proper plush now, be good to give it a whirl Monday 8) I canne wait pet!!
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • I need to find time to set it up properly before hand lol!

Think i'll be bringing the tool box though!
  • Fallout
    Fallout Posts: 25
    Hay guys im off down Afan tomoz with my bro what is the track like for a beginner? one day when i get my fitness up and a good bike maybe i can come out with some of you guys??
    Riding since 2010
  • welshkev
    Fallout wrote:
    Hay guys im off down Afan tomoz with my bro what is the track like for a beginner? one day when i get my fitness up and a good bike maybe i can come out with some of you guys??

hi mate,

there's a few trails at afan, all around the same skill level. depends on how much of a beginner you/your bro are? they're fairly technical if you don't ride at all :?

but just take your time, everything there is rollable nd you can keep 2 wheels firmly on the ground. if anything makes you nervous just get off and walk.

but the faster you go, the more fun it is :wink::lol:
  • Fallout
    Hi welshkev thanks for replying dude.

Well i have done Cwmcarn a number of times and i love it down there. we go pritty fast around there coz like you said its more fun lol. anything in my way and i will jump :) the faster the better but my fast might be your slow hahaha. this is my second year on the bike my first year was mainly just road riding and up on mountain behind my place.
    Riding since 2010
  • Squarepants
    Come up Monday night Fallout, will be a few of us out trying out best to get injured on the DH :lol: If you've done CC and are happy jumping etc then it sounds like you're pretty 'up to speed' wouldn't worry about getting better etc before coming out, we've got all experience levels in the group as it stands.

See you soon :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom
    Fallout wrote:
    Hi welshkev thanks for replying dude.

Well i have done Cwmcarn a number of times and i love it down there. we go pritty fast around there coz like you said its more fun lol. anything in my way and i will jump :) the faster the better but my fast might be your slow hahaha. this is my second year on the bike my first year was mainly just road riding and up on mountain behind my place.

2 years??

:lol:

I think u are putting your self down, I only been riding just voer 4 months.

you wil be fine with this lot, they are like big cuddle bears :lol:
  • Welsh_Tom
    Anyone that finds they need to get out we are meeting at 10:30am @ NP8 1BT

bring food
  • Fallout
    That would be awesome but i dont think my bike would take it lol i only have a cheap bike coz cash i tight atm but i am looking to start building my own at the end of the year but god knows when that will ever be finished lol.

This is my bike i have changed a lot of stuff on it!!

240317_10150628270825548_611565547_18806820_7227359_o.jpg

what time you off out on Monday i might pop down to meet you guys :)[/url]
    Riding since 2010
  • marko75
    marko75 Posts: 52
    Hey - I am visiting south wales (abergavenny) for a few days and will give Cwmcarn a go. Is it really possible to do the trail twice in one day for a unfit middle-aged chap? or will it be a better bet to play in the free ride bit first before shooting down the trail?

Cheers

Mark
  • Fallout
    Hi marko75

yeah you could do it twice in one day it only takes about hour n half to do the full track maybe a bit more lol.
    Riding since 2010
  • marko75
    marko75 Posts: 52
    cheers fallout.... really 1.5 hours? or just 1.5hrs of climbing ;)