south wales Rides?

Comments

• Cool - great response re: Wentwood.

I'm tied up this Sunday I'm afraid. Will try to propose some other times once my calendar sorts itself out.

If you're heading there on your own, I reckon full sus XC bike rather than full on DH bike, just because the ups are still fun & worth riding.
  • Hi Ox and Pitbull, nice to meet you and hopefully see you trail side soon. Ox I've got a shock pump you're welcome to. Call it a 5ver. As new; I have no need for it as I've sweapped over to coilers. I'm in Thornhill - feel free to pop up and pick it up, I can go over some basic set up info but as Ben said the manual will give recommended pressure for your ride.

Hello again :D

I might even be up for a ride this Sun afternoon, Lar - hows it going bud, assuming I'm not too hung over I should be out

by Ox did you mean Pitbull as i am the one after a shock pump :lol: could you pm me your no please could i pick up today?

thanks
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    itsmygame wrote:
    butternash ox & pitbull

Welcome. James it's been years lol still got those pads for you. Right who's up for something Sunday morning ?

gar,

me, lee and nathan were thinking of doing the blaenavon ride, anyone else around?
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Hi guys new and old, no riding for me this weekend, got stag do, Tuesday is me Bday so thats out, will go for Thursday if not the weekend. and i was doing so well 3 days a week out gggrrr.

take it easy unless your racing ;)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • LarJones
    LarJones Posts: 88
    Butternash - unfortunately a full suss xc bike does not feature in my line up at the moment, but the hardtail is fun on the downs too so that'll do nicely!

Sunday - I'm definitely up for something, can't do anything before 9 but after that i'm game for whatever, I just don't have the local knowledge to propose any routes!

James - I'm good, been working way too much but managed to get a fair bit of dh in at gethin and mountain ash after work this afternoon which certainly did the trick!
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    welshkev
    Cool what time you thinking
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • LarJones
    Anyone riding today then? Even if the weather is shit, I can't sit inside on my only day off for the last two weeks!
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    Hi lar. I may be going out for a ride about 6.30, if you are around.
  • LarJones
    Think I'll probably try and get a ride in this afternoon, but might be tempted to go out again later, where were you thinking?
  • welshkev
    went out on my own early this morning guys, had a great ride local to me - found some great new trails 8)

however, has anyone else had problems with endomondo? it says i ws out for 1hr 25 mins but only rode 0.72 miles!!!!i knowi ride slow but i know i rode further than that :lol::lol: does it need signal all the time for the gps to calculate the route? :?
  • welshkev wrote:
    went out on my own early this morning guys, had a great ride local to me - found some great new trails 8)

however, has anyone else had problems with endomondo? it says i ws out for 1hr 25 mins but only rode 0.72 miles!!!!i knowi ride slow but i know i rode further than that :lol::lol: does it need signal all the time for the gps to calculate the route? :?

Sounds about right to me Kev :wink:

Anyone about Tuesday evening
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    Good ride today with Nathan. Have to apologise to him tho got him lost on top of mountains with the rain and fog coming down lol. So sorry bud lol.
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • itsmygame wrote:
    Good ride today with Nathan. Have to apologise to him tho got him lost on top of mountains with the rain and fog coming down lol. So sorry bud lol.

You get lost up there when the Sun is shining, did you get my text do you want the pedals
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    welshkev wrote:

Turn off that auto pause mlarky if its is running, that caused me some probs but nothing quite as severe as that ^^ but it depends where you are.

/Edit

Just check your profile at it looking pretty poor for the Friday ride and today mind, what phone you running it on? and have you set it up? did you select mountain biking etc? Next time I see you I can check it out and we can do a compare etc on a given ride too.
  • Welsh_Tom
    Lar. Just got out of work. And its just started raining again dam it. You up to riding again?
  • LarJones
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    Lar. Just got out of work. And its just started raining again dam it. You up to riding again?

Sorry, only just got in and sorted from my afternoon ride, so think i might stay warm and dry for the rest of the evening. Managed to start in the sunshine, and get a puncture just as the torrential shower reached us, classic timing!

Will probably try and get out in the evenings after work this week if the weather isn't too hideous so your welcome to join.
  • Apologies if you think I am hi-jacking the thread but sod it :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I have got a few bits for sale in classified, willing to offer a bit of an additional discount for you guys if you want to collect on one of the rides.

Cheers Paul

For Sale

Shimano DX M467 SPD Pedals

Only 3 weeks old, they came with my new bike and have only done a few laps of Cwmcarn.

p4pb6962670.jpg

A few small scratches to the plastic outer cage, but thats what their designed, for pedals are in perfect working order.

p4pb6962677.jpg

£45 Posted

or

£40 collection from Cwmbran or South Wales Forum ride (see rides section)

Pear Izumi SPD Trainers

Had these two years as back up shoes but barely used in good condition with New Cleats

p4pb6962664.jpg

£25 Posted

or

£20 collection from Cwmbran or South Wales Forum ride (see rides section)

Maxxis Minion 26x2.35 Wire Bead Downhill Tyre

A bit of a beast this one but really grippy and puncture resistant,
    tyre has plenty of tread left on it.

p4pb6889018.jpg

p4pb6889021.jpg

£15 Posted

or

£12 Collection from Cwmbran or South Wales Forum ride (see rides section)

Paypal gift preferred but Cheque or Cash on Collection accepted

Sorry if i have broken any rules :)
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Paul. Thats a cracking price on the pedals. I use them and find them fantastic. I have them on both the bikes. The one set has to be about 6 years old now and I ahvent serviced them. Cant you get on with them?
  • ianm59
    Anyone up for a lap of CC tomorrow evening. About 6, weather permitting.Cant make the rest of the week because of work.
  • ianm59 wrote:
    Paul. Thats a cracking price on the pedals. I use them and find them fantastic. I have them on both the bikes. The one set has to be about 6 years old now and I ahvent serviced them. Cant you get on with them?

Stop it Ian you are making me change my mind

IMO these are the best SPDs you can get for our type of hard riding, they take all manor of hits and just keep going, I had a set on my Zesty (gone but not forgotten :( ) and they were great, did a couple of thousand miles including the Brecon beast and Wentood enduro and they didn't miss a beat.

But after over ten years on Spuds i am experimenting with changing to flats, i have got a set of Wellgos and first impressions are good, i am riding Cwmcarn tuesday on flats with itsmygame will make final desicion then :oops:

I no a few of you guys ride flats what shoes do you wear, please dont say FiveTens they cost a flippin fortune :shock:
  • ianm59
    Check out the Airwalks in Sports Direct. Nice board shoes at 1/3 rd price.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    I just use Vans, but the studs on my flats appear to be tearing them apart. Have heard good things about the shimano ones (AM 4something) though - they're baclk football boot looking things that come in SPD and non SPD varieties. I think most people use some sort of vans/dc type skate shoes though as they tend to be reasonably well padded and sturdy should you have an off and the ones with waffle patterened grips hold onto the small studs on flats fairly well.

Am out tuesday and thursday this week - anyone else available on those days?
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Welsh_Tom
    I may have them pedals off you paul, not sure yet. I run a pair of dc got them from rollersnakes for £35. Really really good. And looks cool to. Ian yes I am free tomorrow all day for a run. Also bens new bike should be here thursday, him and james asked me to play on the dh at cwm. I am sure everyone is welcome.
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    No one's welcome :twisted:

But cereally yea more the merrier, can't wait to get out on it!
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • welshkev
    No one's welcome :twisted:

But cereally yea more the merrier, can't wait to get out on it!

cereally?

corn flakes? coco pops? :wink::lol:
  • Squarepants
    Everyone knows it's Golden Grahams Kev 8)
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Pr][nCe

I no a few of you guys ride flats what shoes do you wear, please dont say FiveTens they cost a flippin fortune :shock:

i use nike 6.0 oncore 2, they are skate/bmx shoes with the same stealth soal as the five/ten, superb on flats with the odd pins, in any weather, but useless if you have to get off and walk in mud lol.

Enjoy your ride Tuesday peeps no can do for me as its me bday 41 "only on paper tho :)", im up for a lap on Thursday evening with the DH finish. what time in the carpark peeps?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    I'm happy to do whatever but I think we mentioned sessioning the DH just over the road rather than all the way around. I'm easy, can see what the consensus is..

EDIT: Happy birthday Daz :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Pr][nCe
    cheers mukka.
    im easy on the route
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Hi Chaps :D

Happy Birthday Dazza, hope you've had a good one!

Well no news about the Canyon yet :( Was supposed to have a tracking number by now but as i've not i'm assuming its not yet been dispatched :(

Still bike-less too, boardman is still awaiting bearings!