Comments

• ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJgaSTuw ... ded#at=133
    Just been sent this link. Check it out. What cracking photography
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    Anyone about cwm tomorrow evening?

Not sure yet but should be riding with a m8 from work from 5 onwards i guess. post if anyone is around
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Hi Tom mate, we've not met yet but I post on this thread from time to time and I'm hoping to get out with you guy's as soon as I can get my fitness to a reasonable level. How's the new bike (I've followed your saga on here). I'm thinking of getting a Canyon myself to replace my aging Rockhopper. I've posted a thread over in buying advice. It's a choice between a AM 6.0 or a Stumpjumber FSR Comp. Probally leaning towards the Canynon but wanted to ask how you got on with the whole ordering, sizing business etc. Hope you don't mind me asking.

Cheers
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • jndb72
    Thought I'd ask this here seeing as we're mostly all based in South Wales, does anyone have any experiance, good or bad of dealing with Don Skene in Cardiff?

Cheers guys
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• Welsh_Tom
    jndb72 wrote:
    Thought I'd ask this here seeing as we're mostly all based in South Wales, does anyone have any experiance, good or bad of dealing with Don Skene in Cardiff?

Cheers guys
    ant that a car dealership? :Lol: Ridding tonight guys. Meeting in the car park at cwm about 6 ish. All welcome. Even you jndb72 :lol: I will reply to your other post after.
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    jndb72 wrote:

Cheers guys

I have had 3 bikes off them over the years and they have always been very good IMO.
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    jndb72 wrote:

Cheers guys

all good lads there
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • I'm based near Usk, so prob more for the attention of you guys who said you were in the Cwmbran / Pontypool area.....if you fancy hooking up that would be fun. I live right next to Wentwood, which is a bit of a secret wonderland. If you know where you're going, you can happily blast out a few hours on seemingly endless single track (up and down). Little YouTube taster of what Wentwood's like below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF3hXyPP ... re=related

Happy to show anyone round who's interested!?
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    butternash wrote:
    I'm based near Usk, so prob more for the attention of you guys who said you were in the Cwmbran / Pontypool area.....if you fancy hooking up that would be fun. I live right next to Wentwood, which is a bit of a secret wonderland. If you know where you're going, you can happily blast out a few hours on seemingly endless single track (up and down). Little YouTube taster of what Wentwood's like below:

I would love a guided tour of Wentwood sometime, I have heard about it and seen a few Vids but do not know anyone who rides it. I am busy for the next 2 weeks days but after that will be free for a weekend session so count me in for sure.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    ditto that, would love a tour round there to see whats what. Weeknights a no-no for me Wentwood wise as getting there in reasonable time from Cardiff is a bit of a mission, but an afternoon spent noodling around there would be most welcome.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Welsh_Tom
    butternash wrote:
    I'm based near Usk, so prob more for the attention of you guys who said you were in the Cwmbran / Pontypool area.....if you fancy hooking up that would be fun. I live right next to Wentwood, which is a bit of a secret wonderland. If you know where you're going, you can happily blast out a few hours on seemingly endless single track (up and down). Little YouTube taster of what Wentwood's like below:

my m8 from work rides around there all the time. but happy to be shown more rides anytime
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    + potato

Weekend day up WW would be a pleasure it sounds..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    butternash wrote:

sounds good, a few of us did the wentwood enduro eaelier in the year but i'd love to ride it some more with someone with local knowledge 8)

had the day off today guys and went to ride the new trail at forest of dean (yes i know it's not technically in south wales :lol: ) but it's wicked up there, only 7 miles but it's berm-tastic - lots of pedally bits but also lots of long sweeping singletrack. i had a huge grin on my face when i finished :lol:
  • Welsh_Tom
    welshkev wrote:
    butternash wrote:

sounds good, a few of us did the wentwood enduro eaelier in the year but i'd love to ride it some more with someone with local knowledge 8)

had the day off today guys and went to ride the new trail at forest of dean (yes i know it's not technically in south wales :lol: ) but it's wicked up there, only 7 miles but it's berm-tastic - lots of pedally bits but also lots of long sweeping singletrack. i had a huge grin on my face when i finished :lol:

blue ant it :shock: :lol:

i am told but mags that blues at speed can be as much fun as reds
  • welshkev
    Welsh_Tom wrote:

blue ant it :shock: :lol:

i am told but mags that blues at speed can be as much fun as reds[/quote]

i'd say that it's actually more technical than their 'red' trail :lol:
  • BIke-less this weekend chaps :(

EC Cycles have had to order me in some BB30 bearings, the drive side was SHAGGED!!!

Had an email from Canyon to say my bike will be dispatched in 48 hours though :D
  • jndb72
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    jndb72 wrote:

Cheers guys
    ant that a car dealership? :Lol: Ridding tonight guys. Meeting in the car park at cwm about 6 ish. All welcome. Even you jndb72 :lol: I will reply to your other post after.

Cheers, Tom, much appreciated.
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• LarJones
    LarJones Posts: 88
    butternash wrote:

Looks pretty fun, i'd be up for a ride up there at some point, this sunday afternoon for example? Downhill bike or hardtail more appropriate up there?

What are people's riding plans for sunday afternoon?

Cheers,

Lawrence
  • Hi guys, after about 9 years of no riding and putting on like 5 stone :shock: finally got myself a new (to me) 2006 stumpjumper but prob down to my fat arse i think the rear shock needs abit of air put in it and as you all seam like nice guys was wondering if someone in the Barry/Cardiff area has a pump and the know how to help me set it up :D or point me in the right direction on someone who can

Thanks guys and hopefully be riding with you in the future when I don't get out of breath and almost pass out going down hill :P
  • pitbull4x4

Welcome to the forum fella!!

It may be worth investing in a pump for yourself, it can take a while to get a pressure that will work well... I carry mine on every ride!

You can get a cheap one form Halfords, does the job!

With regards to setting it up, you need to find the shock manual (manufacturer webby) and use it as a guide!

Hope to see you on the trails dude!
  • Thanks for the welcome

can't find a shock pump on halfords website? will prob end up getting one but with a tight budget and lots to buy (helmet lights lock spears normal pump etc etc) wanted to just pump it up abit for now as at the moment at a stand still its more then half way with me on it plan is to do some road miles on it then dial it in for the bumpy stuff further down the line when fitness/funds allow

how much should i be looking to pay for one?
    any links?

Thanks again :D
  • welshkev
    try ebay for a shock pump, my bro picked one up for about 9 quid i think :D

oh, and welcome 8)
  • I’m fairly new to MTBing, and have moved to Wales this summer. Would be up for meeting people/going biking over the summer to settle in.

Am available any time as I’m a teacher on holiday!

Please message me for details or let me know of any regular routes for people used to Afan/Swinley style rides.
  • welshkev
    I’m fairly new to MTBing, and have moved to Wales this summer. Would be up for meeting people/going biking over the summer to settle in.

Please message me for details or let me know of any regular routes for people used to Afan/Swinley style rides.

another welcome 8)

just keep an eye out on here, there's always someone or other out for a ride..usually tom as he's like a duracell bunny, he never seems to get tired :lol:
  • Welsh_Tom
    welshkev wrote:
    I’m fairly new to MTBing, and have moved to Wales this summer. Would be up for meeting people/going biking over the summer to settle in.

another welcome 8)

just keep an eye out on here, there's always someone or other out for a ride..usually tom as he's like a duracell bunny, he never seems to get tired :lol:

:D

:cry:

Must say 2 of my m8s I was riding with tonight had to pull out last min. so I drove to cwm sat in the car park for 20 mins to see if i could see anyone i know... then drove home :oops:

Did ride after, but with a m8 walking there dog next to me 8)
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Hi Ox and Pitbull, nice to meet you and hopefully see you trail side soon. Ox I've got a shock pump you're welcome to. Call it a 5ver. As new; I have no need for it as I've sweapped over to coilers. I'm in Thornhill - feel free to pop up and pick it up, I can go over some basic set up info but as Ben said the manual will give recommended pressure for your ride.

Hello again :D

I might even be up for a ride this Sun afternoon, Lar - hows it going bud, assuming I'm not too hung over I should be out
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    butternash ox & pitbull

Welcome. James it's been years lol still got those pads for you. Right who's up for something Sunday morning ?
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • itsmygame wrote:
    butternash ox & pitbull
    Right who's up for something Sunday morning ?

Sounds kinky... do I need a bike?
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    Hell no that would just get in the way lol.

So ........
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)