Giro Stage 16 *spoiler*

1234568»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,230
    Watching Sastre yesterday, his left foot seems to be turned in to an uncomfortable angle which made it look like his leg wouldn't be delivering power as effectively as it should be. Does he alsways ride like that? If so is it due to some kind of injury? It looked seriously uncomfortable! :shock:

EDIT This pic of Graham Watson's shows it to some degree but looked even worse out of the saddle from the back!

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/galleries/photos/27781/2/5/giro-d-italia-2010-stage-16-mountain-tt.html
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Pokerface wrote:
    I am not a troll. And I posted the original info about where he finished yesterday and made the comment that his climbing form basically sucked.

I AM a Wiggo fan. But felt he should be doing much better at this stage of the season if he wants to do well in the Tour. I didn't expect him to win yesterday, just maybe better than 5 minutes down on the leaders. He obviously wasn't trying - and if he WAS, the Houston.....we have a problem.

Doing well in the Giro sometimes can have no bearing on how the Tour goes for a rider, last year Menchov won the Giro and road like a bag of spanners iin the Tour Sastre won 2 mountain stages and rode like Menchov in the Tour . LA and Brad both had an average Giro and a good Tour. So there is an argument for saying that it matters not.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    Pross wrote:
    Watching Sastre yesterday, his left foot seems to be turned in to an uncomfortable angle which made it look like his leg wouldn't be delivering power as effectively as it should be. Does he alsways ride like that? If so is it due to some kind of injury? It looked seriously uncomfortable! :shock:

EDIT This pic of Graham Watson's shows it to some degree but looked even worse out of the saddle from the back!

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/galleries/photos/27781/2/5/giro-d-italia-2010-stage-16-mountain-tt.html

I saw that as well. He does not normally ride like that, at least not in previous years like he was yesterday, so perhaps he has a minor problem such as an injury or even a saddle sore that he is not letting onto.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    32187_10150363021540001_558710000_12674656_6299599_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Great picture... the kind of scene that cries out for a "Dirk Hofman Motorhomes" sign. :D
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Great picture... the kind of scene that cries out for a "Dirk Hofman Motorhomes" sign. :D

He was by the starting ramp yesterday!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,230
    jim one wrote:
    Pross wrote:

I saw that as well. He does not normally ride like that, at least not in previous years like he was yesterday, so perhaps he has a minor problem such as an injury or even a saddle sore that he is not letting onto.

He was still like it today but not quite as noticeable, perhaps it gets worse under pressure :?