ripped off

Comments

• guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    steelem wrote:
    sell as seen when you have fed me all that bull shoot all i say is m8 lying WXXXX give this up obviously there are more of u out there - pls dont comment on this thread again you make me sick

That's why! That was directed at me
  • Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    Lucky Luke wrote:
    How come this thread's still going on ? Steelem's got his £200 back so he's happy. I for one am pleased for him., That's it really. It's not a soap opera (not that I watch them) i must add not even Eastenders which seems to be on the TV nearly every night. I don't know how old Steelem is but I hate to see anyone taken advantage of. Not evryone's a hard mosed negoiciatror .Fortunately the seller's mum turned out to be nice once he explained the situation and refunded him the money. Pretty lucky in the end but a lesson learnt. I had a similar experience yeaterday when some people came round offering to trim my tree . Asked them in they wanted £55 then £45 then £40 I still said no. In the end I did it myself after they's gone. For free. Is it the right time for trimming trees BTW . I don't know . The guy reckoned yes because in the winter all the sap goes into the ground and now it's up in the tree. Not sure if this is true anyone know?

Not a Soap Opera? Are you having a laugh or what, as you don't watch them you wouldn't know, however this thread has EVERYTHING of a Soap Opera!

And as for the mother, you don't actually believe that bit as well do you? :?

Taken advantage of, i think Steelem took advantage of a fair few people in this thread, if it wasn't due to his rude comments then it was certainly for leading people up the wrong tree :wink:

By the way, how is the tree know you've trimmed it :wink::D
  • Soni
    alfablue wrote:
    Looks like it's still got legs, just with a change of personnel :wink::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice one AlfaBlue, that made me chuckle! :lol:
  • Soni
    guilliano wrote:
    I hope not..... I enjoyed being called a con artist and being told I made the OP sick! I want a cassette to turn up with rings missing with a promise to send the others upon reciept of payment from another sale

:lol::lol:

I bet you've given him some ideas now, I bet he's starting another thread on another forum as we speak and will be adding this bit to it! :lol:
  • steelem
    steelem Posts: 199
    Look chaps this was 100% genuine - thats it & yes the mum got it sorted I am now happy after this saga . anyway yes im owed a cassette but this will be sorted ive been told in the next 2 weeks but this is no drama now - I have no bad feeleing but to say i will not make the same mistakes - thanks all - lets leave the thread in peace..
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke Posts: 402
    guilliano wrote:
    steelem wrote:
    sell as seen when you have fed me all that bull shoot all i say is m8 lying WXXXX give this up obviously there are more of u out there - pls dont comment on this thread again you make me sick

That's why! That was directed at me

Well i suppose you've got a point being offended and all that. I suppose he was still quite upset though and it seems in a bad mood .
    Luke
  • Lucky Luke
    we all get in bad moods evry now and again
    Luke
  • Lucky Luke
    Soni , the tree is just fine now, thanks for asking . So glad I didn't get that guy to cut it for me. That was a relief . I kept thinking how I could end up on watchdog or something . he was well dogy. I still haven't cleared up what he was saying was true or not.about cutting it now and the sap thing. Anyone know/>?
    Luke
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    steelem wrote:
    Look chaps this was 100% genuine - thats it & yes the mum got it sorted I am now happy after this saga . anyway yes im owed a cassette but this will be sorted ive been told in the next 2 weeks but this is no drama now - I have no bad feeleing but to say i will not make the same mistakes - thanks all - lets leave the thread in peace..

Well hello there steelem. I thought you had a 'date' tonight.

Why back so early?

And requests to end a thread by the OP usually end in catastrophy.

PM Speed_king if you don't believe me.
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    Lucky Luke wrote:
    I still haven't cleared up what he was saying was true or not.about cutting it now and the sap thing. Anyone know/>?

The majority of trees should be pruned when they're dormant, so in winter or at the end of autumn. His reasoning was right (the sap) but his conclusion was back to front.

A few deciduous trees still bleed sap extensively if cut when dormant, and these should be pruned at the end of summer when their growing season has finished.

See:-
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/basics/t ... ees1.shtml
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    I was looking for some advice on buying and selling shares.

Can anybody help me?

:twisted:
  • bikey2009
    bikey2009 Posts: 121
    morstar wrote:

Can anybody help me?

Talked to my mum about shares, she's pretty good with them so says my aunt in Swindon.

Best bet is BP, they've hit a big gusher in the gulf of Mexico, it's the biggest in the USA so they say.

Do not invest in BAE systems because the problems with Israel and aid ships mean that the west will pull out of Afganistan so BAE will not have so many countries at war to sell to. :roll:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    guilliano wrote:
    I hope not..... I enjoyed being called a con artist and being told I made the OP sick! I want a cassette to turn up with rings missing with a promise to send the others upon reciept of payment from another sale

Don't hack him off or you will get a death threat, or even worse, he will phone your mum to sort you out. :D
  • markyboy2005
    markyboy2005 Posts: 465
    morstar wrote:

Can anybody help me?

Buy Bananas, sell grapes, Buy low sell high, don't catch a falling knife etc etc....
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    edited June 2010
    morstar wrote:

Can anybody help me?

Buy Bananas, sell grapes, Buy low sell high, don't catch a falling knife etc etc....

That's not what he's asking, he's made a spelling mistake. He wants advice on shears, so he can prune his tree. :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Heckler1974
    Heckler1974 Posts: 479
    Aggieboy wrote:
    That's not what he's asking, he's made a spelling mistake. He wants advice on shears, so he can prune his tree.

So his wood was getting out of control and he didn't want to pay anyone to sort it out for him (worried the guy wouldn't finish it off) so he did the job himself?
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Aggieboy wrote:
    That's not what he's asking, he's made a spelling mistake. He wants advice on shears, so he can prune his tree.

So his wood was getting out of control and he didn't want to pay anyone to sort it out for him (worried the guy wouldn't finish it off) so he did the job himself?

So true!

I have invested in some shears made by BP. They have since fallen apart and I contacted the seller. It turns out that it's not BP s fault as they emplo another company to make them in a factory that belongs to somebody else.
    I have gone directly to BPs mother who is based just outside Manchester in Wiltshire. I will be supplied a new set in August.
  • Heckler1974
    Heckler1974 Posts: 479
    morstar wrote:
    I have invested in some shears made by BP. They have since fallen apart and I contacted the seller. It turns out that it's not BP s fault as they emplo another company to make them in a factory that belongs to somebody else.
    I have gone directly to BPs mother who is based just outside Manchester in Wiltshire. I will be supplied a new set in August.

Have you complained to Wiggle yet?
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    dmclite wrote:
    guilliano wrote:

Don't hack him off or you will get a death threat, or even worse, he will phone your mum to sort you out. :D

My mum's dead so that would be one hell of a trick! If he can manage it I'd love to chat to her.
  • Apparently this wasnt locked, and I just read through it for the first time. Even better than Speed_Kings thread :D

Raised from the dead to share with all those (like me) who missed this gem.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    No idea how I missed this gem the first time around. The bump was very much appreciated.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    But what about the cassette ??!?!?!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    Brilliant!

I missed it completely the first time round - I was probably doing something wasteful like riding my bike (which is a 56). I've been through the full range of emotions over the last hour and 20 pages and I'd like to thank steelem, all the contributors and the seller, but definitely not the seller's mum, cos she has ruined a perfectly good thread that could have lasted for years.

Who needs a TV when there's entertainment like this to be had on here?

I can't wait for the sequel.

:lol:
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • I thought this thread was locked too!

:shock:

Makes you really appreciate BR
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I am feeling love for the person who bumped this back up, smashing. :D
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    And did he ever sell it to the dude who's wife went on holiday and thus messed up his weekend?

And did he ever buy a new frame that may or may not have fitted him better than the one that he wasn't ripped off when buying that may or may not have fitted him?

For the love of all things Holy and sacred, THESE QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ANSWERED
  • dmclite wrote:

:oops: Awwww shucks
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Yossie wrote:
    And did he ever sell it to the dude who's wife went on holiday and thus messed up his weekend?

And did he ever buy a new frame that may or may not have fitted him better than the one that he wasn't ripped off when buying that may or may not have fitted him?

For the love of all things Holy and sacred, THESE QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ANSWERED

This ^^^^

Did the Con mans mum demand that Steelem was sent a 8 speed cassete (campy) that clearly was never gonna fit with a 10 speed Sram Red chainset.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    steelem wrote:

[/b]2 weeks how come it was going to take 2 weeks? this is worse than what happened at the end of The Italian Job! Talk about cliffhanger...
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    dmclite wrote:

And once again, but only because I'm looking for something else and came across this little gem...

Love n hugs

DD

(Now trying to find what I was looking for)
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk