TFL Cycle Challenge - Team SCR??

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I'll be wading in soon, 146 miles this week, 26+ tomorrow, 85 per week commute from monday. Every little helps!

Nice :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    spasypaddy wrote:
    a paltry 25miles today. next week i shall be lapping regents park in the evenings to get my mileage in for this

What time next week?

I'm in London all next week Regents will be my training for the Magnificat
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    If June had started on monday then I'd be into 3 figures now, got to do some serious catch up to get there on Sunday I think. Next week looks better though for the mile count.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    itboffin wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    a paltry 25miles today. next week i shall be lapping regents park in the evenings to get my mileage in for this

What time next week?

dunno probably 6ish most evenings. i'll be the one on the planet x with fulcrum racing 3s
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Gawd - some of these mileage figures make my 105 miles a week (max) look pathetic! :shock:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • redvee
    Looks like were are about to open a four figure lead on the 2nd place group and we are fourth overall after week 1.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Gawd - some of these mileage figures make my 105 miles a week (max) look pathetic! :shock:

someone needs to MTFU
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    spasypaddy wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

What time next week?

dunno probably 6ish most evenings. i'll be the one on the planet x with fulcrum racing 3s

Cool i'll look out for you, i'll be on the Trek will the gold chain and brakes 8)
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    itboffin wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

What time next week?

Cool i'll look out for you, i'll be on the Trek will the gold chain and brakes 8)
    the gold planet x brakes? ive got them in red
  • itboffin
    Gold brakes, chain, skewers and BB with one black one red water bottle holder 8)

I'm planning gold sealed cables and black crankset at some point :lol:
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563

It's ok, I'll be in full time employment next week rather than riding around east anglia. :-)
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Yayy ! I got a badge :)
    Misguided Idealist
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Captain, I might need whatever prize there is converted into a month's worth of leg massages or new legs by the time this challenge is over.

Logging 33 today :shock:

Yay, I'm a cycle star!!! :D
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    OK team cracking first week :-) We are currently crushing everything in the 11-50 group and I've just approved our 50th member so welcome about LiT :-)

However.........I've had a look at the 51-100 group and guess what? We *could* also lead that one! The top team in that category has logged a paltry 2829 miles among 73 members, we have 3230 (with our newest member yet to log her miles for this week which is around another 120 IIRC) with only 50 people :-) If we can keep bringing in the same mileages and get some extra members on board who can contribute the same we could aim to win that one instead and bag £350 of vouchers for 1st place or even if we come second, we still get £150 :-D but that won't happen, will it?! :twisted:

So as far as I'm concerned the recruitment drive is still on!! 8)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Just logged mine.... if I do 17 miles tomorrow I'll get another badge! And I ought to do something to make up for the fact that I won't be commuting on Monday (first day of a new job - got to size up the bathrooms)...

The maxima is looking rather lonely in the log cabin, wondering why I've been spending so much time with the Tifosi.... It's not your fault you can't carry panniers, my darling...

:twisted:
  • itboffin
    OK team cracking first week :-) We are currently crushing everything in the 11-50 group and I've just approved our 50th member so welcome about LiT :-)

However.........I've had a look at the 51-100 group and guess what? We *could* also lead that one! The top team in that category has logged a paltry 2829 miles among 73 members, we have 3230 (with our newest member yet to log her miles for this week which is around another 120 IIRC) with only 50 people :-) If we can keep bringing in the same mileages and get some extra members on board who can contribute the same we could aim to win that one instead and bag £350 of vouchers for 1st place or even if we come second, we still get £150 :-D but that won't happen, will it?! :twisted:

So as far as I'm concerned the recruitment drive is still on!! 8)

Don't forget there's the dragon ride tomorrow, quite a few of us are sign up, why isn't running man on our team... eh!?
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    itboffin wrote:
    why isn't running man on our team... eh!?

+1. Game over for the 51-100 with him on board!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • stuaff
    The maxima is looking rather lonely in the log cabin, wondering why I've been spending so much time with the Tifosi.... It's not your fault you can't carry panniers, my darling...

:twisted:

Stick a saddlebag on and you've got the world's fastest tourer....probably not enough room for camping gear though! Might finally try out my SQR setup this week (want to use it next week, so might be an idea).
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Bassjunkieuk
    itboffin wrote:
    Don't forget there's the dragon ride tomorrow, quite a few of us are sign up, why isn't running man on our team... eh!?

Also don't fogot Magnificat the following week, which for me should make up for not cycle commuting next week :-( I do hope to be able to login around 50 miles tomorrow when I go out for the final ride before M-Day :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • redvee
    Will Greggs be able to handle the order for 12,500 cupcakes. :lol:
  • stuaff
    redvee wrote:

Well, they would if they stopped making those sausage rolls for an hour or two :o
  • Bassjunkieuk
    redvee wrote:

Stuff the cupcakes - Greggs Mini Yum-Yums are Da Bomb :-) Twice I've stuffed one of those down my throat before leaving for my 2.5 mile ride home from a particular site and both times I pulled off a sugar-rush-tastic 17.4 MPH moving average - something I don't normally do on that short route due to so many bleeding traffic lights but I can only assume the extra sugar took it up a notch or 2 :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • RJLJ
    RJLJ Posts: 27
    Bassjunkieuk

Just been reading some of the thread and was wondering what do I need to do to join? I cycle from Surbiton to Aldgate East 2 - 4 times a week so avg about 32 miles a day. Will this help be No1?
  • stuaff
    RJLJ wrote:
    Bassjunkieuk

Just been reading some of the thread and was wondering what do I need to do to join? I cycle from Surbiton to Aldgate East 2 - 4 times a week so avg about 32 miles a day. Will this help be No1?

You'd be number 51, and as our team leader has already noted, we're way ahead on mileage of UBS (current 51-100 leaders). And that's great mileage. So emphatically yes. Click the Team SCR link in his sig, then the 'join now' button on the page to sign up.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    StuAff wrote:
    RJLJ wrote:
    Bassjunkieuk

You'd be number 51, and as our team leader has already noted, we're way ahead on mileage of UBS (current 51-100 leaders). And that's great mileage. So emphatically yes. Click the Team SCR link in his sig, then the 'join now' button on the page to sign up.

+1 That must be a fun commute :-) I did Thames Ditton (passing Surbiton train station!) to London Bridge last month for a team meeting and that was good fun although the slog along the A24 from Grand Drive (I know I could have joined at various other points.....) to E&C was rather wearing (although this may have been due to me busting a nut to beat a mate on PT!) so chapeau :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • RJLJ
    RJLJ Posts: 27
    Have joined, but this is pending approval.

It Is a fun commute leave, do the A3 all the way through to Elephant and Castle where I peel off and go over Tower Bridge.

Can we register all mileage we cycle or just the mileage we commute?
  • stuaff
    RJLJ wrote:

It Is a fun commute leave, do the A3 all the way through to Elephant and Castle where I peel off and go over Tower Bridge.

All mileage :D
  • Bassjunkieuk
    RJLJ wrote:

All approved now, looks like we are going to pi$$ all over UBS's parade :twisted:
    All mileage is valid, as per the How it works page:
    You can log miles from the 1 June until 30 June. Don’t worry if you forget to log miles for a particular day, you can log your miles at anytime in June. Miles can also be logged for any leisure trips and other journeys outside London.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    You do realise that we're no longer competing with yacf & lfgss now :evil:
  • Bassjunkieuk
    itboffin wrote:
    You do realise that we're no longer competing with yacf & lfgss now :evil:

Well they just need to MTFU and pull in a few more of their nancy boy forums members and come play in the big league :-) Heck LFGSS should be thanking us as we handed them the lead ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5