TFL Cycle Challenge - Team SCR??

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    itboffin wrote:
    You do realise that we're no longer competing with yacf & lfgss now :evil:

Well they just need to MTFU and pull in a few more of their nancy boy forums members and come play in the big league :-) Heck LFGSS should be thanking us as we handed them the lead ;-)

Just because we are in a different leaderboard that doesn't mean we aren't competing.

Besides LFGSS are hoping to get over 50 members as well.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Asprilla wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    You do realise that we're no longer competing with yacf & lfgss now :evil:

Well they just need to MTFU and pull in a few more of their nancy boy forums members and come play in the big league :-) Heck LFGSS should be thanking us as we handed them the lead ;-)

Just because we are in a different leaderboard that doesn't mean we aren't competing.

Besides LFGSS are hoping to get over 50 members as well.

They only need 3 more members to come play with us again :-) YACF are on 29 members so they have a fair bit of work to do....
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    We should really add 'bikeradar commuting forum' to the team name somehow, in the description or something, so the other forums know what the game is....

:twisted:
  • asprilla
    We should really add 'bikeradar commuting forum' to the team name somehow, in the description or something, so the other forums know what the game is....

They know. There are plenty of folks who post on both.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Asprilla wrote:

Fair point, well made. :)
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Yup, the YACF guys & girls will MTFU for sure. I know a few of that lot, they've barely got started...don't get complacent!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    and let me know if it works, if it does I'll edit my first post on this thread to include the link and do a daily/whenever I remember upload :-)

Great thanks for that.

Now some team SCR decalcomania for my frame so we can spot each other out on the road would be nice.

A cup of tea too please.
  • prj45
    Asprilla wrote:

Fair point, well made. :)

No way we can slip a bit.ly link into the team name that points them at this forum?

I mean if I were the opposition I'd want to see the face of my nemisis before I go under.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    We seem to have crossed the barrier into 51-100 memebers... cull one BJUK
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • stuaff
    Clever Pun wrote:

I'd say we have two options:
    (a) Cull those members who haven't MTFUd and got the miles in. If they've done the miles and not logged them, why haven't they? Only takes ten seconds to do it.....
    (b) Just keep on as we are, prize is bigger and we're all over the opposition in the 51-100 category anyway.
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Bassjunkieuk
    StuAff wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

I'd say we have two options:
    (a) Cull those members who haven't MTFUd and got the miles in. If they've done the miles and not logged them, why haven't they? Only takes ten seconds to do it.....
    (b) Just keep on as we are, prize is bigger and we're all over the opposition in the 51-100 category anyway.

We are bringing our own form of armageddon to the 51-100 group and bearing in mind we have a bunch of sportives that various members are taking part in this month the mileage should keep rolling in :-) Even if we slip to 2nd we still get the same prize money as the 1st place in 11-50......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Will be doing 4 days commuting which is the most I can do and some more on the sunday, just have to wait till some members have done their events.

Will have an extra at least 120 to put on next week
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    Can anyone play or do you have to have a tentative link to London? I have a sportive next weekend which would net you 120 miles. Bike is in the shop till friday though :(
  • Bassjunkieuk
    mkirby wrote:
    Can anyone play or do you have to have a tentative link to London? I have a sportive next weekend which would net you 120 miles. Bike is in the shop till friday though :(

Some have said that the original "rules" did state is was open to those who live/work/study in London but I can't see that anywhere (unless it's on the sign-up page.....)

Would the 120 next weekend be near Newbury by any chance ;-) If so next Sunday is going to see our total mileage sky-rocket :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • prj45
    mkirby wrote:

I think some of the miles have to be done in London, that's it.
  • mkirby

Would the 120 next weekend be near Newbury by any chance ;-) If so next Sunday is going to see our total mileage sky-rocket :-D

Nope its the Northern Rock Cyclone, might only be 105 depends if i have to ride to and from the race.

Ah well im sure you can all manage with out us northerners.
  • stuaff
    mkirby wrote:

Nope its the Northern Rock Cyclone, might only be 105 depends if i have to ride to and from the race.

Ah well im sure you can all manage with out us northerners.

Sign up anyway. The more the merrier. They actually say on the TfL website that they can't check mileage. I think the whole London-specific 'rules' are flawed. It says in the T&Cs that 'Cycle Challenge is open to people aged over 18 who live, work or study in Greater London'. OK, technically none of the above in my case. But I do ride in London (at least once a month at the mo). Take it literally & someone who works in London, doesn't use a bike for his commute or at all in the capital, but does sportives out in the sticks, counts, whereas someone like me doesn't, even if I do umpteen laps of RP (for example).
  • mkirby
    ok have signed up, got 50 miles in the bag. Bike at hospital till friday then sportive on the sat. Then should be back to normal after that.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    37miles checking in today

regents park is dangerous to ride around in this weather... so many good looking girls walking around
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I've taken temp lead of the teams points that is until my nemesis adds his .... you know who you are!!! :evil:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    spasypaddy wrote:
    37miles checking in today

regents park is dangerous to ride around in this weather... so many good looking girls walking around
    :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • spasypaddy
    its true mate, could only manage 5 laps due to the women.
  • FrankM
    FrankM Posts: 129
    spasypaddy wrote:

I went there to do 5 laps yesterday and did 10 - same reason.
  • prj45
    Gah! Just six miles off of LIT after week one.

Extra circuitous way into work tomorrow then!
  • redvee
    Looks like we can add fractions of miles now.
    52 members 4240.04 miles logged
  • spasypaddy
    FrankM wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

I went there to do 5 laps yesterday and did 10 - same reason.
    i was getting hot under the collar... might have done more but got in trouble with the police so sacked it off and went home
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    120 miles of Dragon Ride to add this evening. That should help. :lol:
  • asprilla
    TFL Site wrote:
    you are in 12nd place in your team:

More high quality web development by TFL
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • redvee
    Asprilla wrote:
    TFL Site wrote:
    you are in 12nd place in your team:

More high quality web development by TFL
    :roll:
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Looks like UBS have MTF'edU!

Less than 100 miles behind us at the moment!