TFL Cycle Challenge - Team SCR??

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    im thinking of throwing in some extra 50milers for a laugh
  • coopster_the_1st
    coopster_the_1st Posts: 5,158
    Do peoples miles from outside of London count as this is a TFL thing?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I'm in.

So let me get this straight all I have to do is ride my bike and log my miles. It doesn't even have to be for commuting? Great!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Ooops, missed this. What's the idea? Ride 'til you drop/are injured? :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    I'm in
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm in.

So let me get this straight all I have to do is ride my bike and log my miles. It doesn't even have to be for commuting? Great!

They don't stipulate is has to be miles done commuting so any and all miles you ride are fair game :-) I suspect tho that is why they have implemented the sliding points scale so it rewards shorter rides. I'm guessing so it gives those a chance that are doing many short rides (could we submit the Magnificat as 12*10 mile rides and a 6 miler??)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    How do they validate the miles ridden?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Bassjunkieuk
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Don't think they can, not that I'm condoning anyone on the team to lie......I fully expect us to clock up a rather impressive amount of legit miles!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    I need to buy a new computer for the Kharma anyway since 'Garmingate' happened.

So this is a good excuse, strap it on first of June, jotting down daily miles and then using the total miles at theend of the month to confirm.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    I paid for it, but then there were some delivery complications pertaining to the delivery address and address on my card. I didn't like the solution they suggested so I cancelled the order. Then some other stuff went down impacting on the Garmin fund, so no Garmin for a while.
    Food Chain number = 4

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    ah right, sell something (your arse) and get one
    :lol:
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Has anyone tried the route finder next to the team details?

Haha.

Mine says my journey to work should average 94 minutes, and I'm not surprised considering the route they give. It takes very back road and ally to avoid LRR, Fulham Palace Road, Hammersmith Roulette Wheel and Shepherd's Bush, so I'm not surprised.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Don't think they can, not that I'm condoning anyone on the team to lie......I fully expect us to clock up a rather impressive amount of legit miles!

Same with the stats or dailymile etc,

I'm sure they've have questions if a team of chubby keyboard warriors doing 40 miles a day won it for example

Oh and btw I've invited my mate to this he should notch 20-30 a day plus he will do a fair whack at the weekends
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DonDaddyD
    I do 20 a day, I can extend my route...

Was planning on adding weekend miles and London to Brighton...
    Food Chain number = 4

• ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    In.

Shame it doesn't extend to 3 July. :D
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Well done gents (I think I can say that as I don't recall any women signing up!) we're up to 21 members on the team now :-)

Me thinks it might be time to try and enlist peoples via the Facebook.........sorry if your a member of "The Game", ignore the message which will arrive shortly!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Asprilla wrote:
    Has anyone tried the route finder next to the team details?

Haha.

Mine says my journey to work should average 94 minutes, and I'm not surprised considering the route they give. It takes very back road and ally to avoid LRR, Fulham Palace Road, Hammersmith Roulette Wheel and Shepherd's Bush, so I'm not surprised.

Either the TfL journey planner comes up with something nice and sensible that any out-of-towner can follow, or it comes up with something nuts. Sometimes one of each for a return journey..usually the latter.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Bassjunkieuk
    The TFL journey planner is cr4p, check out Cyclestreets for bike route planning - gives much more sensible routes with options of most direct, quietest etc. and it works UK wide :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • OldSkoolKona
    OldSkoolKona Posts: 655
    I'm in :-)
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    I'm in :-)

Me too
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    DonDaddyD wrote:

why arent you in the scs table DDD

sorry havent read so prob stupid question but why is it only for london people, ill be doing 1000 + a month from june, its not fair, can i pretend im in london?
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I'm in (subject to BJUK authorisation).
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    andy83 wrote:
    can i pretend im in london?

We won't tell if you don't.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    Asprilla wrote:
    andy83 wrote:
    can i pretend im in london?

We won't tell if you don't.

i may be visiting london in next three months for a day, that counts surely :)
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    andy83 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

why arent you in the scs table DDD

sorry havent read so prob stupid question but why is it only for london people, ill be doing 1000 + a month from june, its not fair, can i pretend im in london?

Emphatically not a problem for us yokels to sign up. Nothing in the rules about London-only riders or mileage, though it does say 'people who live, work, or study in Greater London'. The more the merrier.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Bassjunkieuk
    33 team members :-)

Would be nice to crack 50 tho!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • northstar
    northstar Posts: 407
    Make that 34.
    Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Is it just an overall aggregate mileage that counts regardless of the number of people in the team, or is it averaged out? I wouldn't want to join and find that my relatively paltry mileage drags you all down!