30+ North West Club

Comments

• Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fel ... e-ec021705

here we go chaps! what do you all think? any other suggestions would be appreciated!
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Certainly looks pretty! Nice price too - not something I'd buy for a while, I don't wanna go slow on a TT bike and get beaten by someone in work clothes :lol:
  • Matt the Tester
    hehe :) i found a 56" frame but it's down in rutland, Oakley and cambridgeshire! miles away!
    north west of england.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Has your accident compensation money come through already? 8)
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • Matt the Tester
    no but i honestly can't help myself lol i know it's naughty when i havent even got the money yet :P 8) :D :roll:
    north west of england.
  • antfly
    Did you see a solicitor then?
  • Matt the Tester
    yes i saw her on monday, she said i have a good solid case and that i will hear from them in a few days if not monday next week.
    north west of england.
  • antfly
    Nice one. Did you go to Fletchers?
  • Matt the Tester
    no my dad phoned up that company that you see on TV. Lawyers for you.. i think. 100% compo if i win and i don't get charged a bean.
    north west of england.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Hey all - everyone has woken up. I know dCabs has had an op and not been about but has been quiet - I managed to spill milk on my mac and one of keys for my password has been out of action until now.

I am off doing the Manc to Blackpool on Sunday - should be a bit of fun.

Anyone around on the Wednesday - I am missing my mad dashes from work.
  • masterchef
    masterchef Posts: 202
    il going out on wednesday evening if ya wanna go for a ride then? we could meet at the same spot if ya like
    best bike: raleigh avanti U6 carbon comp
    10m tt pb:23:42.
    25m tt pb: 1h 2min( only done 2)
  • Matt the Tester
    new update on my incident..

apparently the woman has been arrested and cautioned so that must mean something!??
    north west of england.
  • Matt the Tester
    Was he reversing out onto the highway?
    Highway code states
    177. Do not reverse from a side road into a main road. When using a driveway, reverse in and drive out if you can.

i just found this on another thread.. surely this MUST implicate me also? since this road is a highway..
    north west of england.
  • Matt the Tester
    everyone had a good week??
    north west of england.
  • antfly
    I`ve done 120 miles this week, some of it mountain biking, so not a bad week thanks.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Done a 'bit', should have done more. Saturday was a nice ride out, bumped into Morstar on my regular route around Rivington and showed him around a little. Stayed off yesterday and dealt with jobs around the house along with some pointing work in the back yard.
  • not sure who I bumped into tonight but had a good natter and a ride round Mawdsley, might see some of you out and about as Rivvy and the flat lands out to Southport are my local patch
  • Over the bars on Sat. Ow.

Andy
  • dcab
    dcab Posts: 255
    not sure who I bumped into tonight but had a good natter and a ride round Mawdsley, might see some of you out and about as Rivvy and the flat lands out to Southport are my local patch
    that would be me!
    just what i needed,someone to put me through my paces :oops:
    veritas vos liberabit
  • mr_poll
    Hello all - this weekend was good fun - did the Manchester to Blackpool, I know people knock it but really enjoyed it. Got a good time (for me) despite weaving through traffic - chatted to a few nice people and missed the rain. All in all a good little ride.
  • dcab wrote:
    not sure who I bumped into tonight but had a good natter and a ride round Mawdsley, might see some of you out and about as Rivvy and the flat lands out to Southport are my local patch
    that would be me!
    just what i needed,someone to put me through my paces :oops:

yes head down on the run back in :) i was chuffing a bit up the hill past Wolseley! i've registered for the 30+ NCW forum as well so might catch-up there too
  • masterchef
    bump:) fungus id love to do rivvi, havent done it yet! u wanna do it thursday? maybe a few more fellas would come out lmao:P
  • Matt the Tester
    bump. :)

cycling 120 miles on the 25th of this month!

Trough of bowland and Bill Bradley Charity ride! can't wait!!
    north west of england.
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    I regularly get out and about around the rivvy section to belmont, or routes weaving around the peel and jubilee towers.

I did a southport and back earlier in the year from bolton which was fun, but the ToB is an awesome area steady rider you will enjoy! :D
  • masterchef
    Garz wrote:
    I regularly get out and about around the rivvy section to belmont, or routes weaving around the peel and jubilee towers.

I did a southport and back earlier in the year from bolton which was fun, but the ToB is an awesome area steady rider you will enjoy! :D
    wev done the TOB before lol looking forward to doing a few more hills than i normally do:)
  • Garz
    Done the TOB and back to go see the nationals in barley this year. The return leg was very taxing, nice heat but ran out of steam by the end. Was great day though.
  • mr_poll
    GARZ if you fancy it we are doing Chorley, Bolton, Darwen, Belmont, Rivvy this Saturday - weather permitting - join us if you like.
  • mr_poll
    The return of the Wednesday Wanderer.

The weekly Wednesday ride has dropped off so trying to get it back up and running - anyone in the Chorley / Preston area fancy a 20 mile spin out starting around 7pm, please let us know - more details on our forum, see earlier posts, or post on here.
  • Garz
    Sorry mr_poll, I didnt spot this post. Shall try meet up with you guys next outing!
  • Anyone interested in resurrecting this?

Andy