Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Better half is out this evening - so I have free reign to do what I wish ... I'll start by a longer loop home - made slightly more pleasant by using my winter road bike with GP4seasons rather than my CX with heavy tyres on...
    The temptation is then to ride the last hill again ....

oh decisions decisions!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Yes first time I went was with work supporting someone who was fine, but we where sharing with a couple the BF really didn't like heights much to his gf amusement.

I've ridden the SkyRail and the scenery was much better than the Emirates cable car and also much higher.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    @ K_B -- V cool ride, vid and music. (But bet I wasn't the only one hoping bike light girl would make an appearance.)
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    Tuesday morning I report a pothhole via fillthashole - it's one that over the past few weeks has degenerated from just a small hole that I'd try to avoid to one that could give an instant puncture and I now ensure I didn't ride through it.
    It is just about to the direct left of a traffic island on a single carriageway urban road so there isn't too much room to avoid it.
    Cycled home yesterday and it has been filled !
    Ok, not a real proper job, just the usual lump of tar in the hole but it's not as badly done as some I've seen so that has to be a result !
    Unfortunately there are plenty of other holes I've reported that are yet to receive any attention so this is a bit of an unique one for speed of fixing.
  • Harry182 wrote:
    @ K_B -- V cool ride, vid and music. (But bet I wasn't the only one hoping bike light girl would make an appearance.)

No one is going to be happy until I get her on film... preferably in the summer. Perves the lot of you
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • gingaman
    gingaman Posts: 576
    andyrr wrote:
    Tuesday morning I report a pothhole via fillthashole - it's one that over the past few weeks has degenerated from just a small hole that I'd try to avoid to one that could give an instant puncture and I now ensure I didn't ride through it.
    It is just about to the direct left of a traffic island on a single carriageway urban road so there isn't too much room to avoid it.
    Ok, not a real proper job, just the usual lump of tar in the hole but it's not as badly done as some I've seen so that has to be a result !
    Unfortunately there are plenty of other holes I've reported that are yet to receive any attention so this is a bit of an unique one for speed of fixing.

Weybridge??
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    Nah, Bonnyrigg, small town just to the South of Edinburgh. TBH pothole reports get a pretty variable response - in the main nothing but a few have had extremely quick fixes, 1 I reported that looked as if the road was collapsing underneath it was fixed within a day or 2 whilst others that are stretches of terrible holes and rough patching and crumbling surface are left untouched for eve despite multiple submissions to that website.
  • gingaman
    gingaman Posts: 576
    lol, not too far off with my guess then... :oops:
  • redvee
    andyrr wrote:

I reported a pothole after I trashed a rim and it was repaired within 24 hours, same can't be said about the potholes I reported where no damage has occurred.
  • Getting 10 green lights out of 12 traffic lights coming in this morning. A sign of good day I hope. :)
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    edited February 2014
    And accidentally flicking a stone up off the road which hits a car that might have passed a bit too close. Satisfying.

Why has f l i c k i n g come up as asterisks?
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Nice ride in sunshine this morning ...

Wasn't pushing it as I'm getting over a cold and twinged my back yesterday so I could just enjoy being on the bike - even if it was heading to work.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Baklava and good coffee. Yum.

I may crash soon though.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Out riding with a club today, got a double puncture!!!

Fixing it outside a house, and guy comes out to see if we need anything and offers us a coffee! Top fella.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Just watched your vid, recognized the cottage as you turn into Long Lane village. Great roads around there. :D
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Let's bring a little reminder of the good times on a bike.

http://youtu.be/7Ke2R4TJauA

I've edited the audio to use a much nicer track so headphones in the office if you have them :)

Just watched your vid, recognized the cottage as you turn into Long Lane village. Great roads around there. :D
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    fatsmoker wrote:
    And accidentally ******* a stone up off the road which hits a car that might have passed a bit too close. Satisfying.

Very odd.

Not on the banned word list. Just checked.
  • Just been hunting in a cupboard for some CDs and came across a four pack of beer. The beer is Sint Bernardus 6. Cool, and I found my Neil Young CDs, so all round result. Sweet dreams, all.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    fatsmoker wrote:
    And accidentally ******* a stone up off the road which hits a car that might have passed a bit too close. Satisfying.

Very odd.

Not on the banned word list. Just checked.

Maybe someone has a dirty mind?..
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • lovely weather on Saturday so took the train to Norbiton since i'm not on the roads yet, and pushed the old MTB to Richmond Park and had a wee wobble along the Tasmin trail. I had planned to have a coffee/bun but Park was very busy so I went to the Roebuck and had a drink in the sun overlooking the Thames, only a coke since I haven't wanted a drink since.

12732722665_251777c6eb_z.jpg

I then walked the bike down to the Tow path and rolled home that way, bike and I where very muddy by the end but happy, I did even overtake one or two bikes, admitly they where either small children or elderly and infirm...

the MTB with paniers weighs a ton, has to be said though it's a safe steady ride which is what I need at the moment!
  • asprilla
    Nice.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Graham. wrote:

Oh mine :D

Longford is a beautiful little village, I always stop outside the Mill house on the bridge opposite that Scandinavian long house look-a-like, just 'cos :)

http://goo.gl/maps/25qZP
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Weather and my first ever elongated commute- very enjoyable lap round RP. Its not as hilly as I remember...
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,103
    Rode the office Brompton back from a meeting in Plumstead. Got some air off a series of speed bumps on a downhill stretch. :mrgreen:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • redvee
    Been thinking about a C2W bike this year and found out our scheme is run every year in June so plenty of time to look around at what I can 'buy', the only downside is I have to go through Halfords :-(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    My daughter gave me £1 out of her money box this morning and told me to buy myself some chocolate to cheer myself up after having a bad day yesterday.
    Every time I get annoyed by something I have to remember moments like that.
  • asprilla
    Veronese68 wrote:
    My daughter gave me £1 out of her money box this morning and told me to buy myself some chocolate to cheer myself up after having a bad day yesterday.

The Mighty Pickle tried to buy some flowers for her mum in Sainsbury's the other day, using a collection of coppers and the plastic coins from her toy till. My lip quivered.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • So because I am a Amazon Prime member I now get free access to unlimited streaming of movies, tv shows etc alongside the usual next day delivery?

YYIIIPPEEEEE!!!

**jumps for joy and clicks heels**
    I ride with God on my mind and power in my thighs....WOE betide you!
    I know I'm not the fastest rider on earth BUT I KNOW I AM NOT the slowest!!!
    If you Jump Red Lights in order to stay ahead you are a DISGRACE!!
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    redvee wrote:
    Been thinking about a C2W bike this year and found out our scheme is run every year in June so plenty of time to look around at what I can 'buy', the only downside is I have to go through Halfords :-(

You can use halfords vouchers in some other shops (for instance, in Condor in London), so if you have a shop you'd like to use them in... ask if they take them.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,103
    Veronese68 wrote:

Awww.

You sure it wasn't "here's 50p, now go and call someone who gives a ..." :)
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition