Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    msmancunia wrote:
    I rode a bike today for the first time since I broke my wrist. Just four very muddy miles on the MTB up Tandle Hill, but it has made me happy x100.
    Excellent, well done.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    I rode a bike today for the first time since I broke my wrist. Just four very muddy miles on the MTB up Tandle Hill, but it has made me happy x100.
    Excellent, well done.

Fantastic! On and do your physo!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Excellent, well done.

Fantastic! Oh and do your physio!

That's a bit forward isn't it? She hardly knows him! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Excellent, well done.

Ha boom tish!

I've been rather amused by the blokes who I've told about having a bed bath when I was in hospital. Who have almost universally asked if the nurse was hot! I was way behond caring, at that point.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    A muddy commute today along the Bristol - Pill path and my legs ended up like this.

http://instagram.com/p/jWbys5kmrJ/
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Rolf F wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Excellent, well done.

Ha boom tish!

I've been rather amused by the blokes who I've told about having a bed bath when I was in hospital. Who have almost universally asked if the nurse was hot! I was way behond caring, at that point.

My physio is a lady called Katie. And she's some kind of sadist :cry: My hand hurt a bit last night, but weirdly it was the scaphoid region rather than the other side of my wrist, which was where I broke it. Maybe it's just aching from lack of use of that bit.

On the upside, she's very pleased with my dexterity - helped a lot by doing my Gareth Thomas transcription/typing job which is up to 90,000 words so far. Splint rather than cast was definitely the way to go, otherwise I'd only have been out of the cast for a week and my fingers would have resembled a claw. Flexing is still a bit of a problem but I'll get there.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Had a clipless moment this morning.

Just leaving East Leake and my right hand side overshoe unravelled and got caught in the chain, a quick piece of back-pedalling got it clear but it was obvious I'd have to stop to sort it. Unfortunately I was so concerned about the overshoe I forgot to unclip my left foot and topped over!

At the time nothing was hurt but my pride, although getting to work revealed a fairly large chunk of skin hanging off my knee (pretty impressive as the tights were undamaged).

Why is this in anti-rants? Well, the lady who was waiting behind me stopped to make sure I was okay, and while I was checking the bike over another car (and this was WAY after I tumbled over) stopped to check as well!

Faith in humanity restored.

Now I need to find the cleaner and explain the blood patch in the carpet where I knelt down....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • She was probably forced to stop the car because she was so convulsed with laughter. After that, she thought she might as well see if you were OK :wink:
  • veronese68
    Well done MSM, pleased to hear it. Did my nagging help? Also well done KB. :wink:
    Lovely ride in this morning, had to stop and take a picture. Clear, frosty, with a ground mist and the moon in a clear sky.
    mistypond.jpg
  • msmancunia wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Excellent, well done.

Ha boom tish!

My physio is a lady called Katie. And she's some kind of sadist :cry: My hand hurt a bit last night, but weirdly it was the scaphoid region rather than the other side of my wrist, which was where I broke it. Maybe it's just aching from lack of use of that bit.

On the upside, she's very pleased with my dexterity - helped a lot by doing my Gareth Thomas transcription/typing job which is up to 90,000 words so far. Splint rather than cast was definitely the way to go, otherwise I'd only have been out of the cast for a week and my fingers would have resembled a claw. Flexing is still a bit of a problem but I'll get there.

Yes they do have a tendency to cause pain don't they physio's! mine had cold hands though, uncomfortable as it was it did really help, my wrist has got worse a little since I wasn't doing well anything really in December.

fantastic shot of Bushy Park Veronese68 and yes well done KB!
  • Kieran_Burns
    She was probably forced to stop the car because she was so convulsed with laughter. After that, she thought she might as well see if you were OK :wink:

and I thought they were tears of concern...
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • daveski12
    daveski12 Posts: 158
    @KB - how were the roads around East Leake today? Was put off cycling by the ice but saw loads of people out on their bikes.
  • Kieran_Burns
    daveski12 wrote:
    @KB - how were the roads around East Leake today? Was put off cycling by the ice but saw loads of people out on their bikes.

It really depended on which road you picked. The one to West Leake was sparkly and the little 'climb' before the allotments had the back wheel go light. The main roads were fine - the run through to Bunny was a little greasy under the railway bridge and I indicated to the lorry behind me to hold back as the wheels went light again but only that bit was questionable.

That run from West Leake to the Sutton Bonington x-roads was probably the worst bit but then for some reason, it always is. I just cycled down the rougher piece of road along there and no one seemed to mind.

I was running 28c GP 4 Seasons running at approx 100psi.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • redvee
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Clear, frosty, with a ground mist and the moon in a clear sky.
    mistypond.jpg

Not brave enough to go skinny dipping? :lol:
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    For some reason people at work gave me funny looks whilst I deflated my front tyre and fetched out a couple of massive bits of glass from it! :)
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    New contract. In Richmond; laps of the park or repeats of Nightinale Lane on the way in and home in 30 minutes.

Great stuff.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • veronese68
    Asprilla wrote:
    New contract. In Richmond; laps of the park or repeats of Nightinale Lane on the way in and home in 30 minutes.

Great stuff.
    Result. I used to work in Richmond, it was great. Stroll into town at lunchtime, choice of good pubs and other types of civilisation. Lots of pretty young things. Then we moved to darkest Hanworth, the only pub was downright dangerous and is now a supermarket. There is no civilisation and it's so rough even the dogs carry flicknives.
    Oh how I miss working in Richmond.
  • redvee
    Evans not having the pedals & shoes I wanted, but not needed, in stock meant I saved ££££s today.
  • menthel
    Castelli Espresso Due Windproof Jacket- superb bit of kit. War, dry commute in because of it. As soon as I walked into work I got a bit sweaty but for cold weather cycling it really is perfect. The waterproof nature just adds the perfect finishing touch!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • This got delivered last week.......

1012028_10152192784043899_1957838150_n.jpg

(Soon to be appearing in the "rants" section, as he's been going nuclear every hour for the last 2 nights before Daddy goes back to work!)
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    corriebee1 wrote:
    This got delivered last week.......

(Soon to be appearing in the "rants" section, as he's been going nuclear every hour for the last 2 nights before Daddy goes back to work!)

Yodel or DPD?

Congratulations
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • veronese68
    Lovely, many congratulations. I'm sure he will be the cause of many more rants and anti rants over the years.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Guaranteed next day delivery and did you leave packaging feedback?

(the packaging was looking very rough and swore alot....)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • redvee
    corriebee1 wrote:

Nine months since placing the order though :lol:
  • redvee
    Riding in the rain today has cleaned up my frame.
  • menthel
    corriebee1 wrote:

cute piccie of baby

Congrats! When is his first islabike coming? ;)
    RIP commute...
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Won the lottery yesterday - 3 balls, twenty five sovs. Cheers for that. Add to that the share save scheme where I work coughing up the goods this week (it was worth hanging on for a couple of months whilst the share price peaked), so thanks to our caped chum KB for his sterling efforts in driving the company's value upwards overcoming my slacking & time-wasting that probably holds it back.
  • say what you want about Amazon but their customer service is TOP NOTCH 10/10!!
    I ride with God on my mind and power in my thighs....WOE betide you!
    I know I'm not the fastest rider on earth BUT I KNOW I AM NOT the slowest!!!
    If you Jump Red Lights in order to stay ahead you are a DISGRACE!!
  • corriebee1 wrote:

Ooh a fresh one! Have fun!
  • redvee
    This week is a three day week, Wednesday is day three.