Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    rjsterry wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    W1A.

Having worked for the BBC on a number of occasions this is so close to reality that it's funking hilarious.

That was the beauty of TwentyTwelve: you were never quite sure if they were making it up or not. Does Siobhan still say, "So here's the thing..."?

Caught this on iPlayer and laughed at the struggle with folding his Brompton.

Nicely observed. Also loved the Rushdie and Yentob cameos.

I had to do a rewind double take because I didn't believe it was them.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,103
    A few slightly shaky characters: the camp northern "cannah joost seh?" producer character was a bit too hammy, and the posh intern "yeahcoolnoworries" needed a bit more depth. Early days yet, though. Also enjoyed the digs at hot-desking and over-ambitious IT projects.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Just been for my annual check up at the hospital and I have just been discharged. It's now been 10 years since I was initially diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma, chemo was not very nice but it worked for me. I cannot begin to explain what a relief that is, I am extremely happy at the moment and will probably fall asleep at any moment.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just been for my annual check up at the hospital and I have just been discharged. It's now been 10 years since I was initially diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma, chemo was not very nice but it worked for me. I cannot begin to explain what a relief that is, I am extremely happy at the moment and will probably fall asleep at any moment.

LIKE.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Veronese68 wrote:

Fantastic news!!!!!! Speaking as someone who lost both my parents to cancer before I was 34, I am really pleased that someone I (sort of) know has got better. Make sure you celebrate - sending down a virtual bottle of Kruger for you to virtually celebrate with :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Veronese68 wrote:

Brilliant News!

and a smaller cheer for my KOM on what I had thought was quite a speedy run home.

http://www.strava.com/activities/123901 ... 2776007036
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Veronese68 wrote:

Fantastic!
  • veronese68
    Thanks guys, just had a beer to celebrate. Back to the hospital tomorrow morning for physio on my frozen shoulder, finally.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Veronese68 wrote:

Wonderful news; I'm happy for you. The word 'discharge' caught my eye and gave initial concern.
    msmancunia wrote:
    […]sending down a virtual bottle of Kruger for you to virtually celebrate with :D
    Is that South African Méthode Champenoise?
  • msmancunia
    DrLex wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Wonderful news; I'm happy for you. The word 'discharge' caught my eye and gave initial concern.
    msmancunia wrote:
    […]sending down a virtual bottle of Kruger for you to virtually celebrate with :D

Nnnngggggg flipping auto correct!

I did of course mean a bottle of foine woine aka Lambrusco :D
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    msmancunia wrote:
    DrLex wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

msmancunia wrote:

I thought you were a Lambrini girl.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Veronese68 wrote:

Congrats! My wife is now 12 years post chemo from Hodgkins and like you has been discharged too. The new chemo only regimes would seem to work rather well and save all of the long term effects that radiotherapy can have.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • msmancunia
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    DrLex wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

msmancunia wrote:

I thought you were a Lambrini girl.

I prefer Thunderbird but I was trying to be clarsey :D

Anti-rant from me - not smoked in a month and put my fag money in a jar. Blew the lot at the Chanel counter in Selfridges today. Add that to yesterday's haircut and colour and my chapped, blotchy, cycle-commuting ravaged visage looks almost human again *flutters eyelashes*
  • veronese68
    msmancunia wrote:
    I prefer Thunderbird but I was trying to clarsey. *flutters eyelashes*
    You know the rules love, POIDH. Said in the leering tone of a chap that's been out celebrating.

The Mrs bought a bottle of bubbly then I went to the pub. I'm a happy chappy. Well done on the not smoking.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,103
    Congratulations V68. Hope the hangover is not too bad.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • veronese68
    Ta, definitely feeling a bit shabby this morning. It was a very slow ride in through the park, every little bump was magnified as it rattled round my head.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Congratulations V68. Very good news. Bugger the hangover.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    msmancunia wrote:
    Not smoked in a month and put my fag money in a jar. Blew the lot at the Chanel counter in Selfridges today. Add that to yesterday's haircut and colour and my chapped, blotchy, cycle-commuting ravaged visage looks almost human again *flutters eyelashes*
    Have I stumbled onto, or bikeradar morphing into, a dating website? :shock:
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • veronese68
    davis wrote:
    Congratulations V68. Very good news. Bugger the hangover.
    Thank you, and RJS, hangover has gone and I'm still well and happy. :D
    No sign of MSM since my drunken leching, hope I haven't scared her off.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Weather, just wonderful. Left home at 8.30 this morning and did 55km to box hill and back. So nice to get out of town and once out of Epsom the roads were wonderful and empty. Up box hill in 9.12 but I think I could go faster- my heart rate stayed under 160 all the way up. I think I need more hill practice!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • asprilla
    1. Buy Rapha Hardshell for £90 because it has massive grease stains on the back
    2. Apply Pedro's Pro Degreaser
    3. Wash
    4. Admire good as new jacket

Win.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Asprilla wrote:
    3. Wash

Win.

Sounds interesting... Wonder if I dare do that to my eVent jacket that has a few oil marks on it.
  • asprilla
    jimmypippa wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    3. Wash

Win.

Sounds interesting... Wonder if I dare do that to my eVent jacket that has a few oil marks on it.

I've used the plumbing equivalent of baby wipes 'Industrial Big Wipes' to take oil off my rain jacket and off an eVent jacket before. A proper wash with Tech Wash and then a DWR refresh and they were good to go.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Hot Orange
    Hot Orange Posts: 157
    This morning saw the summer bike on commuting duties for the first time this year. I'd almost forgotten how awesome it is. :D
    Summer: 2012 Trek Madone 3.5
    Winter: 2013 Trek Crockett 5
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Hot Orange wrote:
    This morning saw the summer bike on commuting duties for the first time this year. I'd almost forgotten how awesome it is. :D

Cue Noah epic downpours in Norfolk for the commute home :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Hot Orange
    Hot Orange Posts: 157
    Nah, I'm sure it'll be fine. It's summer bike and shorts all the way through to autumn now. Definitely.

It is looking a bit gloomy out, though. Ulp.
    Summer: 2012 Trek Madone 3.5
    Winter: 2013 Trek Crockett 5
  • Mark Elvin
    Mark Elvin Posts: 997
    Back on it now, broken metatarsal almost sorted, hopefully under 12st by my trip to Tenerife.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Managed a 16mph avg home last night even though I was taking it easy and waiting for my mate. It was just a great easy ride in the warm weather
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • corriebee1
    corriebee1 Posts: 390
    Found a nice new 7.5 mile route in, avoiding my old 3 mile death run up the A10.

Parked the car in a village between the A505 and the A10 and meandered in through nice villages and then the cycle route/guided bus route. Sun was shining...

Oh, and this little fella has given us 6 hours sleep for two nights running!
    1618070_10152340415178899_903334876_o.jpg