Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    redvee wrote:
    This week is a three day week, Wednesday is day three.

Weirdly, mine is a three day week too - but this is day one :cry:

On the anti-rant side, the bike shop have just rung to say that my bike, which broke when I came off it, is fixed. First commute for me in two months on Friday (as long as it's not icy) :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Excellent news MSM.
    kind of a 3 day week for me as I'm on my first aid refresher for the next couple of days.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    3 Day week for me (this is day one)... Then a 3 day week next week as well (wednesday will be day 1).

Man, I could get used to this (just had 3 and a bit weeks off as well).
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    I did tell our MD that after a holiday staff should be allowed to get back into the work habit gently. Start with a 3 day week with short hours and over the next few months gradually build up to a regular working week.
    I can't remember the exact wording of his answer but I think it could be summarised to "no".
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Left hooked by a tool blasting round a roundabout today. It was so close, the back of my hand scraped the side of his car whilst holding the hoods. Time for big spikes on my knuckles.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    fossyant wrote:
    Left hooked by a tool blasting round a roundabout today. It was so close, the back of my hand scraped the side of his car whilst holding the hoods. Time for big spikes on my knuckles.

This is anti-rants, not anti-anti-rants. :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • msmancunia wrote:
    redvee wrote:

On the anti-rant side, the bike shop have just rung to say that my bike, which broke when I came off it, is fixed. First commute for me in two months on Friday (as long as it's not icy) :D

fantastic i've been on 2 to 3 day weeks, though only a few hrs 10-1 not much point any more as my brain starts to shut down beyond that.

Got my bike back, looks lovely and clean after having the drivechain replaced! but will have to wait until i'm ready.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia wrote:
    redvee wrote:

fantastic i've been on 2 to 3 day weeks, though only a few hrs 10-1 not much point any more as my brain starts to shut down beyond that.

Got my bike back, looks lovely and clean after having the drivechain replaced! but will have to wait until i'm ready.

Crikey - I didn't realise you were still struggling that much. Have they said how long it will take until you're a fully functional 9-5 person again?

My bike looks like a new bike. Unfortunately the road looked like an ice rink this morning, the people who give us money (Sport England) are coming in for our annual review so I needed to be in early, and I got cornered last night by a colleague who is renowned for chatting when you're staying late and I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. So, early start and the car today.

Frustrating that my bike is fixed, I'm fixed, but the thing that threw me off the bike and broke my wrist in the first place is what's keeping me off. V frustrating!
  • msmancunia wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    redvee wrote:

Crikey - I didn't realise you were still struggling that much. Have they said how long it will take until you're a fully functional 9-5 person again?

My bike looks like a new bike. Unfortunately the road looked like an ice rink this morning, the people who give us money (Sport England) are coming in for our annual review so I needed to be in early, and I got cornered last night by a colleague who is renowned for chatting when you're staying late and I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. So, early start and the car today.

Frustrating that my bike is fixed, I'm fixed, but the thing that threw me off the bike and broke my wrist in the first place is what's keeping me off. V frustrating!

Fatigue is common, I am fair bit ahead of the curve not dought due to age and genral health/fitness.

But i"ve cracked my skull and damaged (mildly) my brain, I'll make a full recovery the bone will heal skull and the brain will remap pathways, but will take time. how long piece of string really can be months.

One of my wifes colleges bumped into me yesturday and gave me a hug kiss on the cheak. unfortunately it was in the afternoon after work so I hadn't a clue who she was was, for quite some time as I was just too tired for my brain to work it out, much to my wife's enterainment!
  • gingaman
    gingaman Posts: 576
    Not only is it Friday, Not only is it Payday, but I found out I got a payrise today. WAHOOOOO! An increase of slightly over 100% ain't bad, is it?!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    This blimmin sunshine in this ski resort is doing my head in and still have another week of it! I'm going to write to the mail i tell thee!

Posted this in the Rants thread as well, hahahahahahahah!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • msmancunia
    Off to the Rapha sample sale preview evening. I like knowing people who know people in high (retail) places :D
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    £200 referral fee for putting some business to some friends.

I see a Islabike Cnoc 16 in The Mighty Pickle's future.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Lovely club run. Nice to actually ride in the sun and it to be over 5 degrees. Pretty much have forgotten what that is like after this January.

First run this year where I haven't felt dogsh!t at some point too. Was with a bunch of fairly quick/fit guys and was making my (lack of) weight count for a change, at the sharper end of the hills.
  • Flat battery on the car this morning, So I took my son to nursery on the trailer bike. His first commute and he seemed to enjoy himself. I guess we'll have to make it a regular Monday thing since it didn't take any longer than in the car anyway once I got the bike set up.
  • First KOM on the commute!!!!!!

Wasn't even really trying. Have a target to beat tomorrow. :twisted:
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Greatful thanks to the patient bloke that rescued me from a puncture on the way home today. Dug out my Leyzne Micro Floor drive only to find it didn't work - a plastic collar where the pump screws to the valve had split and no air was going in. I put the tube in and flagged down a passing rider who lent me a pump but that didn't work for me either. Then another bloke stopped to see what was happening and he had another Floor drive - only without the plastic! And that failed either. So I had to swap the tube for the other spare and try again and that did work thankfully as I was still five miles from home!
    However you are, I'm really grateful you stopped! :D
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Thanks for the guy at the tickect office who reissued my advance ticket to the next train after I missed mine. :)
  • hegyestomi wrote:
    Thanks for the guy at the tickect office who reissued my advance ticket to the next train after I missed mine. :)

WOAH...

Never known that to happen before....

Thats some serious favour...
    I ride with God on my mind and power in my thighs....WOE betide you!
    I know I'm not the fastest rider on earth BUT I KNOW I AM NOT the slowest!!!
    If you Jump Red Lights in order to stay ahead you are a DISGRACE!!
  • veronese68
    Got a bit of bonus in my wages for referring a new staff member. She's been here 6 months so I got my bung. And we hit our sales targets in January so I should get another bonus next month. Been a long time without them.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Got a bit of bonus in my wages for referring a new staff member. She's been here 6 months so I got my bung. And we hit our sales targets in January so I should get another bonus next month. Been a long time without them.

Look forward to seeing the n+1 shortly!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:

Look forward to seeing the n+1 shortly!
    Not a big enough bonus for that I'm afraid. Unless I buy used carefully from the Bay. Should put it to the holiday fund really.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Went to the Ginger Pig and learned how to make sausages. Came home with a tummy full if sausages and my own bodyweight in bangers that could last quite some time...
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • msmancunia
    Cycled to work this morning - first time on my roadie since I broke my wrist. Didn't break any records, and had a bit of a crisis of confidence when I had to ride past the bit where I came off, but otherwise was lovely. Wrist aches a bit but that should get better.

Shockingly unfit though - I am regretting eating so much chocolate at Christmas. :oops:
  • veronese68
    Pleased to hear it MSM.
    Menthel, let me know if you want some help with the eating of sausages.
  • menthel
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pleased to hear it MSM.
    Menthel, let me know if you want some help with the eating of sausages.

Will let you know, there is probably enough for everyone in the commuting forum!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Following two complete anti-social morons along CS3 this morning. Hybrid #1 was convinced he could overtake Hybrid #2 but they were evenly matched on the slow and wobbly end of the spectrum. Reason i got to see so much of the battle is because they'd run every red and ignore every zebra crossing and get past me. Why's it an anti-rant? Because when Hybrid #2 lost his nerve and slammed his brakes on at the crossing by Shadwell DLR, Hybrid #1 slammed straight into him. They then decided to have a go at each other so i cycled off and pointed out they were both riding like tossers whilst smiling broadly at the positive karma. 8)

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    menthel wrote:
    Went to the Ginger Pig and learned how to make sausages. Came home with a tummy full if sausages and my own bodyweight in bangers that could last quite some time...
    Nice! I went on a pig butchery course a little while back and that involved making sausages after all the slicing and dicing. Lots of fun. How would you rate your experience at Ginger Pig?
  • menthel
    notsoblue wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    Nice! I went on a pig butchery course a little while back and that involved making sausages after all the slicing and dicing. Lots of fun. How would you rate your experience at Ginger Pig?

I had a good time. By the end of it I was happily making sausages- the second lot I linked actually looked quite pro. Good, even size and no exploding.

We also got to stuff ourselves silly on sausage rolls (awesome ones at that!) and sausages and mash. I forewent the mash and just ate loads of sausages instead. They also kept us supplied with wine. And they had an awesome bread and butter pudding with chocolate for after. I had quite a nice time! ;)
    RIP commute...
  • msmancunia wrote:
    Cycled to work this morning - first time on my roadie since I broke my wrist. Didn't break any records, and had a bit of a crisis of confidence when I had to ride past the bit where I came off, but otherwise was lovely. Wrist aches a bit but that should get better.

Shockingly unfit though - I am regretting eating so much chocolate at Christmas. :oops:

Ooh well done!