Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    rjsterry wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    My daughter gave me £1 out of her money box this morning and told me to buy myself some chocolate to cheer myself up after having a bad day yesterday.
    Every time I get annoyed by something I have to remember moments like that.

Awww.

You sure it wasn't "here's 50p, now go and call someone who gives a ..." :)
    That'll be later this year when she hits 13. I spent the money on a very tasty chocolate brownie.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I spent the money on a very tasty chocolate brownie.
    Did you save a bit for her?
  • veronese68
    Slowbike wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I spent the money on a very tasty chocolate brownie.
    Did you save a bit for her?
    Don't be ridiculous, of course not.
    I will be stopping to buy a tub of her favourite ice cream though.
  • warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    Took some time off work yesterday for childcare reasons and at about 4 went for a walk with the dog around the local park in Epsom. I spied an abandoned bike in the bushes and it was a Boris bike - perfect working order. I've never used one so pootled around the park wearing the dog out before I phoned it in and reported it. Just about to stop in the car park to call the number on the frame when a couple of local police officers wandered over and asked "Is this your bike sir?". "Bugger", I think, pretending not to hear them; and proceed in a northerly direction as fast as I can pedal with a knackered cocker spaniel running after me

I'm a bit disappointed the chopper wasn't called in to search for me.

Still, phoned it in and they said they'll collect it soon

It's most fun I've had on a bike for years
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Hope Technologies. Amazing.

I broke my District+ light last week. My own fault, long story, but I broke the plastic switch within the waterproof housing. Sent it to Hope on Tuesday for out of warranty assessment. It came back to me today with the circuit board replaced gratis.

I don't mind paying if that's the service you get.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    14 more working days this financial year, going to be away from work more than I'm in work :D
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    That feeling having been out to your filthy, road grime covered steed and come back indoors having left it sparkling clean, oiled and purring, looking as good as new.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Beautiful morning.

Lovely to see the sun com up mid commute, just as a start the plunge into London....

Hopefully the start of spring.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Just signed up to photograph Russell Brand on Thursday.
    One way or another it's going to be fun! :lol:
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Two days down in London await to see my Beeb mates, eat nice food, drink and gossip. I am so excited :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    msmancunia wrote:
    Two days down in London await to see my Beeb mates, eat nice food, drink and gossip. I am so excited :D

Weather in the next few days is supposed to be fab, planning another wee bike ride, getting overtaken by joggers in the sun.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    msmancunia wrote:

Boris Bike :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    msmancunia wrote:
    Two days down in London await to see my Beeb mates, eat nice food (because Northern food is rank), drink (moving up to Lambrini rather than the Blue Nun available up here) and gossip with people with normal accents. I am so excited :D
    FTFY.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • veronese68
    Just got a place on the Ride London Surrey. I missed out on a ballot place but managed to get a charity ride for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research.
    Have fun back in the civilised world MSM.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just got a place on the Ride London Surrey. I missed out on a ballot place but managed to get a charity ride for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research.
    Have fun back in the civilised world MSM.

Justgiving?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    ah f*ck didn't know they were already doing the ballot.

Balls.
  • veronese68
    Yes, ballot results came back a few weeks ago. If you entered you should have had a response by now. Final entry to the ballot was ages ago.
    I will sort out a Justgiving page and stick it onto my sig. Feels a bit cheeky asking on here compared to the lunacy of MRS doing the euivalent of climbing to the moon and back.
  • roger_merriman
    ah f*ck didn't know they were already doing the ballot.

Balls.

The various charities have been emailing for a while now? I pulled out since it seemed unrealistic and remains so, how ever much better I'm getting.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I will sort out a Justgiving page and stick it onto my sig. Feels a bit cheeky asking on here compared to the lunacy of MRS doing the euivalent of climbing to the moon and back.

So long as you try your best. :wink:

For me, it's an opportunity to give a few pennies to a worthy cause
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    £700 minimum fund raising from what I saw...
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • corriebee1
    corriebee1 Posts: 390
    First time back on the commute since this little fella was born (last photo til he fits into his cycling t-shirts, i promise!). He has been good enough for his Mammy over the last couple of nights that I got a well-earned night in the spare room last night! So felt fresh enough this morning to do the middle distance (7.5 mile) effort.

1610019_10152261487923899_712478654_n.jpg

Beautiful day to get back on the bike, although it took me half an hour to get the chain cleaned and lubricated!! It was disgusting having just completed a 45 miler in the wet the weekend before the big arrival.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    First successful ride in for a while. By Jebus I'm unfit.

I waited until the sun had a chance to get to the roads, and took the newly-fettled best bike. Bliss.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • veronese68
    £600 for them, it seems to vary according to which charity. Odd that they give you a cycling top once you have raised £400 if they ask you to raise £600. You'd expect the jersey to be higher to encourage people once they have passed the target.
    Congrats Corriebee.
  • roger_merriman
    corriebee1 wrote:
    First time back on the commute since this little fella was born (last photo til he fits into his cycling t-shirts, i promise!). He has been good enough for his Mammy over the last couple of nights that I got a well-earned night in the spare room last night! So felt fresh enough this morning to do the middle distance (7.5 mile) effort.

1610019_10152261487923899_712478654_n.jpg

Beautiful day to get back on the bike, although it took me half an hour to get the chain cleaned and lubricated!! It was disgusting having just completed a 45 miler in the wet the weekend before the big arrival.

Hey fantastic!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,103
    A meeting in Chelsea this morning meant I could have a nice midday Brompton pootle back along the Embankment in the glorious sunshine.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • roger_merriman
    Lovely day so took the train to Putney, rode though the park to Hampton Wick station, sadly trains where having a off day so had to change at twickenham etc. still got a chance to have a coffee and a bun.

Once at Putney and having heaved the bike up the stairs old mtb with large panniers is a weighty beast!

Any how set off down the towpath stopped at a pub on the river for a coke, and sat in the sun before carrying on, I even caught up with one or two other cyclist admitly they where older women on shopper type bikes, but it's a start and no joggers overtook me today.

By time I got home had done just shy of 20 miles, longest ride by far this year, a very good day.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    The ride in.

That is all.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    The sun is shining in the sky
    There's not a derp in-sight
    Taxi's waiting, anticipating
    Not cutting you up like a butcher filleting a chicken.

Lovely.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • roger_merriman
    I'm dyslexic but even so I don't normally transpose letters, but today looking at a business card for a sports app, push up pro, took me a good confusing 5 mins to see pro not bra....

Just amused me.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Veronese68 wrote:
    £600 for them, it seems to vary according to which charity. Odd that they give you a cycling top once you have raised £400 if they ask you to raise £600. You'd expect the jersey to be higher to encourage people once they have passed the target.
    Congrats Corriebee.

BHF was also £600. I sold my charity place back to them as I got a ballot spot.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?