Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Thought I had a dead helmetcam on Monday, contacted Amazon to see about returning it even though it was 14 months old but under EU law you can get 2 years, not one like UK law. Had a webchat with an Amazon CSA who refused but upscaled the matter. They emailed me back today confirming the initial refusal was correct but offered me £30 Amazon voucher.
    In the meantime I emailed the Contour importers who gave me instructions on unbricking my camera which I followed to the letter and now have £30 from Amazon and a working camera. Still waiting on my Virb helmet mount though.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    So, now when a driver tells me I don't pay road tax I can ask them to prove that they do, and they won't be able to. Cool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25223631

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 3120681761
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    After 2 Rants - I Passed my driving test - 3rd time lucky and all that. So pleased. I am off to get pissed to celebrate.

Whoop
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    rubertoe wrote:
    After 2 Rants - I Passed my driving test - 3rd time lucky and all that. So pleased. I am off to get pissed to celebrate.

Whoop

Double whoop if you ask me - congratulations! Don't forget to pick up a "baby on board" window sticker for your new arrival (when is that btw?).

Enjoy your celebrations! :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Cheers MsM.

Baby due in Jan, So that is the next whoop!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Well done Mr Toe,
    But please don't get a baby on board sticker. I think they are actually a warning to other road users that the driver is paying more attention to the kid than the road. As Marge Simpson said upon buying one "Look what I got to stop people deliberately driving into me" or something along those lines.
    Baby arriving will be big whoop though.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Thank you kindly BR for the £100 of Wiggle vouchers - I wonder what I should spend them on (a true first world problem!)........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • The new cycle lane markings on Hinton Road by Loughborough Junction. They're almost ridiculously wide, but they keep cyclists well out of the car door opening zone. Remarkably considerate.
  • veronese68
    Just got in from the work Christmas wee up. Drunk as a lord, but don't think I misbehaved excessively. Dreading it beforehand but it was ok. Will probably regret the excess of cheap red wine tomorrow when en route to the out laws, don't think I'll be the one driving, hic...
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,103
    Mrs RJS made toad in the hole this evening with a mixture of sausages and burgers - had to stop myself from nicking bits off the children's plates :oops:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Did a track session yesterday at HHV with Dulwich. My legs are now shot. Need to shift the gut!
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • redvee
    Actually cooked food on the cooker tonight, not waited for the microwave to go ding like I usually do. I mainly eat at work so cooking at home is a rarity for me. Did go a little OTT, 2 portions of mince for spag bol destined for the freezer and a stir fry type thing which I ate tonight. The downside is a sink full of dishes :(
  • msmancunia
    I made spag bol too last night. Batch cooking rocks.

In other news, someone has been improvising with our office Christmas tree....

affd4861-6214-4ed1-963a-c101edb39cfb.jpg
  • redvee
    After my efforts of cooking I rewarded myself with some of this

http://haagen-dazs.co.uk/Our%20Collecti ... C148FA2A41

I'm sure msmancunia would approve.
  • msmancunia
    redvee wrote:

Kind of, although I'm not really into Bailey's. I do quite fancy that mint chocolate one though, (with a chocolate fudge cake chaser on the side....)
  • asprilla
    I might be working across the road from msmancunia next week, some football club or other....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • msmancunia
    Asprilla wrote:
    I might be working across the road from msmancunia next week, some football club or other....

Ha! No way! Come and say hello if you like - can give you a bit of a tour as long as it's not Wednesday.
  • redvee wrote:

Thats what my wife the mighty hunter came home with last night, apparently it's quite rare to find it in the shops? she loves it any how and is understandably having to carry most of the load since i'm fairly out of it still.
  • bunter
    bunter Posts: 327
    Don't have to carry my laptop to and from work in the pannier any more - so much lighter, slightly faster! - weeee!
  • redvee
    Thats what my wife the mighty hunter came home with last night, apparently it's quite rare to find it in the shops.

Found mine in Morrisons at the weekend, needed some ice cream and just grabbed 2 random tubs of haagen dazs and a tub of cornish vanilla ice cream.
  • Had a really good day, very alert and relatively with it, Steve dropped off my bike which appears to be in a better shape that I am, thanks so much for that!

I also had one of my work mates pop around, with some cards for a cup of tea.
  • veronese68
    Had a really good day, very alert and relatively with it, Steve dropped off my bike which appears to be in a better shape that I am, thanks so much for that!

I also had one of my work mates pop around, with some cards for a cup of tea.
    It was very good to see you rather more lucid than the last time I saw you.
  • redvee
    It's taken 14 months but I managed to get a 1/2 day in work today, finished the job I was deployed to do at 17:15 and the warehouse wasn't busy enough for me to be moved around so a half day was offered which I took. The last 40 minutes didn't half drag.
    Tomorrow the sh!t hits the fan as we start the xmas rush.
  • asprilla
    msmancunia wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Ha! No way! Come and say hello if you like - can give you a bit of a tour as long as it's not Wednesday.

Right, I'm up there on Thursday. Schedule looks tight at the moment as it's a flying visit but we will see. Watched the Champion's League draw whilst at their London offices (which are very swish but not as nice as the red equivalent).
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • msmancunia
    Asprilla wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Right, I'm up there on Thursday. Schedule looks tight at the moment as it's a flying visit but we will see. Watched the Champion's League draw whilst at their London offices (which are very swish but not as nice as the red equivalent).

The ones up here are ok but a bit cramped - I got a bit of a tour before my interview. I think they are only temporary whilst they have some work done in the stadium. They do have what seemed to be a subsidised staff Starbucks downstairs.

If you come over happy to show you round - just ask for Caroline at BC reception.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    The wife has just informed me a large box arrived this morning from Germany with the word 'Canyon' on the side. Ordered on Saturday evening, delivered Friday morning. In addition the insurance paid out so I'm all set. Now I have the happy job of ordering a few nice bits and bobs to adorn it and of building it up. Any recommendations for bottle cages? :D
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • asprilla
    Two hours left at work and then off for two weeks.

Sweet as.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • redvee
    Bagged 6 hours overtime in the last 24 hours and today's 4 hours were at double time with a day in lieu, was offered the same deal if I stayed on last night till 2am.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Managed this morning to hit my modest target of 3k miles in 2013, said goodbye to the last of the lunch guests, and with both daughters off to parties, it leaves me & the memsahib a quiet night in à deux. Happy, happy, joy, joy!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Fashioned an extension of my rear mudguard out of duck tape because a van broke the last 8 inches off a while ago.

Worked a treat.

fist-pump-baby.jpg