Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The pothole I reported on Friday via fillthathole.org had been repaired before I rode past ti today.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    126 days since i last smoked.

27 days since i last had a drink.

Still cant give up the caffiene though.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    rubertoe wrote:
    126 days since i last smoked.

27 days since i last had a drink.

Shouldn't that be in rants?
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Thank you to Planet-X for calling this bike the "Stealth" - made me chuckle.

CBPXSPFOR_P1.jpg
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Went to the fracture clinic yesterday and I now have a splint not a cast :D So now I can type and use a mouse. Had to type a letter for the consultant so that they could watch me type, and if my healing isn't going well when I go back in two weeks then I have to have a plaster cast. Still can't lift, or do loads of practical things but very happy I can just get on with things at work.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • veronese68
    Excellent. Be careful and don't overdo it please.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I've been doing jury service and yesterday I was told that they don't need me any longer, so I've been discharged four days early.
    I've been quite impressed at how the jury system works. On one case we had the defendant, at first glance, looked as guilty as ITB, but the evidence wasn't there to back this up so he was found not guilty. This might not seem like a good thing, but it shows that the case was judged just on the evidence, not our prejudices.

To celebrate being discharged, some of us went out to celebrate and I have only just got out of bed. Midweek drinking followed by a midweek lie-in is great.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • msmancunia wrote:
    now have a splint not a cast :D So now I can type and use a mouse.

must get me 1 ov those their splint thingies cause i cant typ 4 tofee :roll:

Heal well.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    msmancunia wrote:
    now have a splint not a cast :D So now I can type and use a mouse.

must get me 1 ov those their splint thingies cause i cant typ 4 tofee :roll:

Heal well.
    Doctor - will I be able to play the piano when this cast comes off?

Course you will.

Complete the joke in your own time...
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    An anti-rant. Got up too late to ride in, as usual, so drove halfway and pedalled the rest. 10 miles, about 40 minutes. Soooo much better than being up by 6:45, out of the house by 7:20 and having that 'gawd it's 21 miles to go' moment in the dark in the first 100 yards. Anyone want to buy a house? :) I could get used to this, having an easy but worth-it commute.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    vermin wrote:
    Thank you to Planet-X for calling this bike the "Stealth" - made me chuckle.

CBPXSPFOR_P1.jpg
    What bike? I can't see a thing.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • veronese68
    CiB wrote:

Course you will.

I used that when I broke my finger, admittedly with the hand physio not the doctor. She laughed, said she'd never heard that before and thought it was very funny. :shock:
    And she works with people with hand injuries all day. Mind you she's far too young to know who Tommy Cooper is. I'm still convinced she must hear it all the time.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,103
    The wonderful crackling sound of riding through freshly fallen leaves. I *may* have been steering through every little heap below the plane trees along the Embankment
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I've been quite impressed at how the jury system works. On one case we had the defendant, at first glance, looked as guilty as ITB, but the evidence wasn't there to back this up so he was found not guilty. This might not seem like a good thing, but it shows that the case was judged just on the evidence, not our prejudices.

He'd have been found not-guilty even if he'd done it. (private rant which doesn't warrant posting here)
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • msmancunia
    Veronese68 wrote:
    CiB wrote:

Course you will.

I used that when I broke my finger, admittedly with the hand physio not the doctor. She laughed, said she'd never heard that before and thought it was very funny. :shock:
    And she works with people with hand injuries all day. Mind you she's far too young to know who Tommy Cooper is. I'm still convinced she must hear it all the time.

Have I got Friday dense-ness? I don't get it. :oops:
  • msmancunia wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    CiB wrote:

Course you will.

Have I got Friday dense-ness? I don't get it. :oops:

He couldn't play the piano before....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rjsterry wrote:
    The wonderful crackling sound of riding through freshly fallen leaves. I *may* have been steering through every little heap below the plane trees along the Embankment

Followed by the pffffffff sound when you run over a hedgehog......
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • redvee
    I'm sure msmancunia would approve, tucking into a bowl of Ben & Jerry's at 01:30 and I'm sure she would too if it wasn't for the knackered wrist.
  • msmancunia
    redvee wrote:
    I'm sure msmancunia would approve, tucking into a bowl of Ben & Jerry's at 01:30 and I'm sure she would too if it wasn't for the knackered wrist.

Absolutely! Especially if it's the chocolate brownie one.

Besides, I am mysteriously ambidextrous when it comes to consuming all things chocolate :lol:
  • redvee
    Not a great Ben & Jerry's expert, only bought two tubs cause they were half price plus 20% staff discount. This morning's snack was Phish Food, 'was' as in a whole 500ml tub consumed :D
  • redvee
    This convo between cyclist and plod

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/u ... JgUJVtLdAJ

Read all the way through :D
  • msmancunia
    redvee wrote:
    Not a great Ben & Jerry's expert, only bought two tubs cause they were half price plus 20% staff discount. This morning's snack was Phish Food, 'was' as in a whole 500ml tub consumed :D

Lol so glad I am not the only one who can eat a whole tub!

Best is when you mix Chocolate Brownie AND Phish Food :D
  • msmancunia wrote:
    redvee wrote:

Absolutely! Especially if it's the chocolate brownie one.

Besides, I am mysteriously ambidextrous when it comes to consuming all things chocolate :lol:

Ambidextrous does not mean using both hands at the same time. :wink:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    redvee wrote:
    This convo between cyclist and plod

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/u ... JgUJVtLdAJ

Read all the way through :D

Although a bit worrying if sniper hadn't been able to pull rank.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    My legs hurt. From the new bike.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Sublime moment cycling in this morning

Low lying fog was forming a clearly delineated layer in the fields next to me as I cycled in to one of the villages I pass through. Really beautiful sight on a crisp fresh morning.

Even better was when I turned to look back on the road and all I could see was one cyclist coming towards me and one in the distance going the same way... no cars at all.

Just to finish it off the cyclist going my way was the lovely lady who works in the village who always has a friendly smile as I go past :)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Due to a car crash Chelsea Bridge was closed this morning to everyone but cyclists coming from Battersea Park. Nearly had the whole bridge to myself!
  • redvee
    Somehow managed to get the bike ready for the ride home in 3 minutes last night, the usual time is between 5 & 6 minutes.
  • Quick thanks to the BMW driver who saw me approaching the junction to the main road (A60) and held back so I could pop straight out. This led to a smooth 2 miles of overtaking slow moving traffic.

Has anyone noticed that if you don't think about it, you can trackstand like a boss but once you think about what you're doing it goes all horribly wrong?

I held the bike when pulling out at the start of the tailback to check for oncoming vehicles and anyone else trying the overtake, then again when the road narrowed and there WAS oncoming traffic and again when people were letting cars out from side roads on the right.

Of course as soon as I realised what I'd done... no chance
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Has anyone noticed that if you don't think about it, you can trackstand like a boss but once you think about what you're doing it goes all horribly wrong?
    Oh yes. Happens to me all the time especially when filtering on the right. Good thing I don't think about it then as the chances of ending up underneath something if I screw up are high. :(

Mike