Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    About to walk through the door of a shop and spot a group of female OAPs coming out so I do the decent thing and hold the door open for them and they call me a nice young man :D
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    redvee wrote:
    About to walk through the door of a shop and spot a group of female OAPs coming out so I do the decent thing and hold the door open for them and they call me a nice young man :D

Ah, how nice!

I had the opposite last night. Went out for dinner with a few colleagues and Brian as he wanted to take us out to say thank you for working on his campaign and the waiter referred to me as Madame, not Mademoiselle :(
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    On the upside, at least he didn't call you Monsieur. ;-)
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Or Señor!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Upgrade bikes. What a bunch of great guys.

I lost the master cylinder bleed plug on my brake and in desperation I called them to find out if they could do spares.

Chap who answered didn't sound too hopeful but said he'd check.

15 minutes later he calls back having removed the plug from their demo set found that it was a match for some MTB ones that they do carry spares for and then swapped them over and bled them through to make sure they hold.

He's posted a spare out to me in return for the promise of Haribo. I think I'm going to send them everything we've got left over from Halloween....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • veronese68
    Asprilla wrote:
    Upgrade bikes. What a bunch of great guys.

I lost the master cylinder bleed plug on my brake and in desperation I called them to find out if they could do spares.

Chap who answered didn't sound too hopeful but said he'd check.

15 minutes later he calls back having removed the plug from their demo set found that it was a match for some MTB ones that they do carry spares for and then swapped them over and bled them through to make sure they hold.

He's posted a spare out to me in return for the promise of Haribo. I think I'm going to send them everything we've got left over from Halloween....
    Excellent. You still need to grovel on the floor and get yourself out for tomorrow morning though.
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    Fine.

Seems that you are right twice. It is nice to stick to my motto :)

:lol:

I'm always behind the times - I discovered at the school Halloween disco that One Direction (who are, by all accounts, a popular gaggle of young lads) covered Blondie's 'One Way' track and that's why my six year old is always singing it, not because Daddy has Absolute 80s on the radio - so recently jumped ship from MMR to Strava. Discovered some nice segments, arbitrarily decided that getting into the top10% would do for an initial target, went out to tackle a few of them to see how I stacked up and was pleasantly surprised to find myself towards the top of some fairly large trees. (Now to rack up 5000m climbing in the next eight days :shock: ). The sun was shining, my fellow road-users were courteous, the CR1 is a joy to ride and the kids behaved when I picked them up from school.

Lovely stuff! :D:D:D
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    TimothyW wrote:
    TimothyW wrote:
    Have also just had my cyclescheme certificate come through so my new winter ride should be with me within a fortnight: http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fuj ... e-ec053263

Will be interested to see how you find it... since that's what I've got my cyclescheme eyes on too! I'm a little worried on the standover so would be interested in where it actually measures to.

Will report in once I've got it! I'm waiting for the 61cm.
    And my new bike is in! Yay :D Picking it up on Sunday.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,103
    edited November 2013
    Passed a chap riding with a prosthetic leg holding a decent pace through Mitcham this morning. That and the nice crisp bright autumn morning managed to cheer me up after having to deal with my 4 year old's epic tantrum this morning.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • TimothyW wrote:
    TimothyW wrote:
    TimothyW wrote:
    Have also just had my cyclescheme certificate come through so my new winter ride should be with me within a fortnight: http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fuj ... e-ec053263

Will be interested to see how you find it... since that's what I've got my cyclescheme eyes on too! I'm a little worried on the standover so would be interested in where it actually measures to.

Will report in once I've got it! I'm waiting for the 61cm.
    And my new bike is in! Yay :D Picking it up on Sunday.
    Fuji's sizing is weird, I have a similarly shaped frame (size 49), I'm 1.72m and it fit's nicely. I choose mine according to my prefered effective top tube length.
    I love mine although I haven't ridden it for long.
  • redvee
    After waiting 4 months the powers that be have got round to sorting out the printer that doesn't print in work. I can now pick the fruit orders and call the printer and not have to worry about others using the printer and my labels going adrift. Reprinting when on voice command isn't possible.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    redvee wrote:
    [...] Reprinting when on voice command isn't possible.

Brings to mind:
    010_VOYAGE_HOME.jpg

Scotty: Hello, computer.
    Dr. Nichols: Just use the keyboard.
    Scotty: Keyboard. How quaint.
  • Got my first Quidco refund of £67!
    Not sure that if I should be putting this down to the rant topic...
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    dhope wrote:
    Redundancy and a broken boiler that needs replacing. Poor timing :evil:
    Got better paying contract, offered perm position on 4th day of new contract. New boiler been ticking over nicely.

Sold 2 bikes recently, must be time for N+1 soon...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Redundancy and a broken boiler that needs replacing. Poor timing :evil:
    Got better paying contract, offered perm position on 4th day of new contract. New boiler been ticking over nicely.

Sold 2 bikes recently, must be time for N+1 soon...

Happy for your Anti-Rant... :D
    I ride with God on my mind and power in my thighs....WOE betide you!
    I know I'm not the fastest rider on earth BUT I KNOW I AM NOT the slowest!!!
    If you Jump Red Lights in order to stay ahead you are a DISGRACE!!
  • Leaving work (West Malling) to drive 180 miles home at 6pm last night.

Flat battery.

Called AA - came out, confirmed dead battery (can now diagnose faulty cells). Replacement in the van. £110

Why is this not in rants?

I took out the extra cover: actual battery cost £35

Left work at 8pm and got home in 2:50, didn't even stop at the Dartford Crossing cos I timed it perfectly throwing the money in the right change basket :)

It's taken me 4:30 hours plus to make that journey, so I reckon I was only 20 or so mins behind my original arrival time and it was a WAY more relaxing drive home.

By the way - watching a Rover 25 getting catapulted backwards on the M20 by an artic first thing in the morning is novel.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Enjoyed the ride home despite the rain. Got scotch - happy evening ahead.
  • redvee
    Christmas rotas released overnight,a lot of moans etc but not from me. Three days off 24th, 25th & 26th plus New Years Eve. Given the nature of my employment, retail food supply chain, I'm happy.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Just got back from my first ever club run. Why oh why didn't I do it sooner...

Awesome.

Now i get to go and eat a big bit of meat round the in-laws. Its a good day so far (c'mon you gooners).
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rubertoe wrote:
    Just got back from my first ever club run. Why oh why didn't I do it sooner...

Awesome.

Now i get to go and eat a big bit of meat round the in-laws. Its a good day so far (c'mon you gooners).

Wasn't with Dulwich Para was it? (Was my first time today with them, spoke to a few newbies)
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • kiwimatt
    kiwimatt Posts: 208
    Small van pulls up alongside in the dark this morning - he's a bit close I'm wondering what's going on - driver leans across and shouts out the passenger window "Those are the brightest bike lights I've ever seen" :)
    He pulls away and it's an SSPCA rescue van so he is nice to animals too...what a lovely chap
  • First full night ride this year end and I decided to do the full long loop home (18 miles down the canal / river path) and it was glorious

Cold, wet, a bit windy and I ended up covered in mud.

Marvellous!

Oh, and the combo of the mj808e plus vision 2 is bloody awesome for night riding. I'm probably going to do it again on Friday it was so much fun.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Put my overshoes on for the second time today. ZIp broke. Called planet X. New ones being sent and no need to return the broken ones.
  • redvee
    New PC monitor, gone to 22" HD monitor. I can sit 6 foot away and still see the screen.
  • veronese68
    What a beautiful morning. Lovely ride through Bushy Park, even the numpties that seemed intent on killing me on the A312 couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

@ Redvee. Have you got a long stick to operate the keyboard and mouse from 6' away?
  • redvee
    Veronese68 wrote:
    @ Redvee. Have you got a long stick to operate the keyboard and mouse from 6' away?

Wireless keyboard & mouse :)
  • stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    Finally got out for a long ride on new PX pro carbon n Sunday, only had done a couple of small runs. Absolutely loved it and it flew when on the highway. Got battered coming back into a 28mph headwind but worth it
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • Didn't know where to put this so thought here was as good a place as any.
    Spotted this morning in London by a work mate

10840987706_a9d0a60bce.jpg
    image by thefilbertfox, on Flickr
    New Malden to Epsom Downs
    60 percent of the time, all of the time
    Wilier Triestina
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX
    Rose Xeon CW-3100 Di2
  • I think i've followed her around E&C roundabout, a sight to behold! :mrgreen:
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • redvee
    adam0bmx0 wrote:
    I've followed her totally in the wrong direction to where I should have gone, a sight to behold! :mrgreen:

FTFY.

BTW sure it's not msmancunia venturing down south?