Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    redvee wrote:
    adam0bmx0 wrote:
    I've followed her totally in the wrong direction to where I should have gone, a sight to behold! :mrgreen:

FTFY.

BTW sure it's not msmancunia venturing down south?

Nah, that's definitely not me. I only wear those really big Bridget Jones pants that I know you love so much Redvee...

(and being the Bike Radar resident feminist, I think it's a bit mean putting that up there FilbertFox to be honest).
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Didn't know where to put this so thought here was as good a place as any.
    Spotted this morning in London by a work mate

I hope that doesn't turn out be Dynamo Rob :)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    msmancunia wrote:
    Nah, that's definitely not me. I only wear those really big Bridget Jones pants that I know you love so much Redvee...

:oops: Bigger pants are so much easier to remove I've been told. Not been lucky enough to find out first hand :(
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • msmancunia
    *pulls big pants up to my neck*

Anyway, guess what turned up in our laundry today? My lovely Wimbledon towel! Someone even washed and folded it too :D
  • redvee
    msmancunia wrote:
    *pulls big pants up to my neck*

You always say the right words :D
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Was out when the postie came this morning so when I got back there was a card for a missed parcel. 30 minutes later I was out the back giving my bike a left too long clean when the postie came past. He asks if I'll still be in in 10 minutes and if so he'll pop back past with the parcel. Which he did saving Father, or rather Mother a trip to the post office next week.

I know RM isn't that good everywhere but I have absolutely no complaints about our postal service here. In fact it's about the only redeeming feature of this shit hole town.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    BBC4 HD has appeared on Freesat disguised as 8931, under manual sat tuning 11024H. Which was nice.

It's currently CBeebies HD, wasted on toddlers. :wink:
  • redvee
    suzyb wrote:
    Was out when the postie came this morning so when I got back there was a card for a missed parcel. 30 minutes later I was out the back giving my bike a left too long clean when the postie came past. He asks if I'll still be in in 10 minutes and if so he'll pop back past with the parcel. Which he did saving Father, or rather Mother a trip to the post office next week.

I know RM isn't that good everywhere but I have absolutely no complaints about our postal service here. In fact it's about the only redeeming feature of this shoot hole town.

My postie made two attempts to deliver a package to our flats, one at 10:20 and again at noon. She missed me on both attempts but the sorting office is only a 2 mile ride away which I did the following day and missed another delivery :roll:
  • redvee
    Lost another glove on Friday night as I was prepping for the ride home, looked in the pannier etc with no joy. Got into the bike sheds and the lost glove was 3" from where I lock my bike up but on the other side of the bike. going to sew some string in my gloves so I don't lose them anymore :lol:
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    redvee wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

I know RM isn't that good everywhere but I have absolutely no complaints about our postal service here. In fact it's about the only redeeming feature of this shoot hole town.

My postie made two attempts to deliver a package to our flats, one at 10:20 and again at noon. She missed me on both attempts but the sorting office is only a 2 mile ride away which I did the following day and missed another delivery :roll:

My postie knows the porch is always unlocked and he leaves parcels in there. Unless a signature is required no missed parcels for me. I'll always pick RM over any other delivery.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • redvee
    The feeling in your shoulder five minutes after applying deep heat to sore muscles.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Last week I popped into a shop to buy a loaf of bread, some bananas and a pint of milk. It came to about £4.27 so I gave the cashier a £10 note then realised I had some change and fished in my pockets for the 27p. Whilst I was rummaging the cashier got the £5.73 change from the tenner ready. I gave him the 27p, he gave me the £5.73 he had prepared.
    Then he gave me the £10 I gave him. Then he returned the 27p.

So the stuff I bought cost the shop £16. Sweet.

Then last night I stopped for a drunken kebab. The bloke said"That will be £1". I assumed I misheard him but gave him a £10 note expecting about five pounds change but he gave me £9 instead. Result!
    I left the shop munching my kebab and feeling quite happy when the bloke came out of the shop and ran down the road to give me a carton of Ribena which I hadn't ordered.

So a kebab and Ribena for £1. Not a profit like with the other shop, but not too shabby.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Ulysses
    Ulysses Posts: 104
    50% rant, 50% anti-rant, I'm going glass half full today and being positive so putting this in anti-rant :)

I just invested an hour of my time in to getting the user name I used to have back on YouTube after the google update ballsed everything up. Now I can happily spam YT comments without fear of angry fellow users knowing my real name, sweet!
  • msmancunia
    redvee wrote:
    The feeling in your shoulder five minutes after applying deep heat to sore muscles.

Just remember the golden rule when using that stuff - Wash. Your. Hands.

(remembers the noise my dad made going from bedroom to loo to shower when I was a kid :roll: )
  • Ulysses
    Ulysses Posts: 104
    msmancunia wrote:
    redvee wrote:

(remembers the noise my dad made going from bedroom to loo to shower when I was a kid :roll: )

I endorse hand washing hands after using deepheat &/or cutting chillies - as a contact lens user.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I'm loving club cycling.

Soooooo much better than solo cycling.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • redvee
    msmancunia wrote:

I use loo roll to rub it in, cream goes direct onto my shoulder then the loo roll rubs it in or I'll use a latex glove. Luckily not been caught out like your Dad....yet.
  • msmancunia wrote:
    redvee wrote:

I'm sure it was a Marketing department practical joke to make the jars for plain Vaseline and Vicks Vapour Rub so similar in size and shape..

:mrgreen:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Morrison van driver last night in Peckham and truck driver in Clapham about 20 minutes later. You are both gentlemen.
  • EKE_38BPM
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Morrison van driver last night in Peckham and truck driver in Clapham about 20 minutes later. You are both gentlemen.
    Too early to come up with a witty/smutty reply to that, but give me time...

• stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

Brilliant
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • EKE_38BPM
    stu-bim wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

Brilliant
    How about: "And were you a lady? Because a lady never spits."

Too far?

• msmancunia
    Mechanics at work aren't supposed to sort out our own bikes but were v happy to go at my cast with a Dremel to smooth off a jaggedy bit that was digging into my arm. Mr Sutton even stuck his head round the door to watch :-)
  • msmancunia wrote:
    Mechanics at work aren't supposed to sort out our own bikes but were v happy to go at my cast with a Dremel to smooth off a jaggedy bit that was digging into my arm. Mr Sutton even stuck his head round the door to watch :-)

Cast?

What did I miss?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    msmancunia wrote:

Cast?

What did I miss?
    See the ice thread. In your absence I had to play the part of the old perv*.

* Because obviously I'm not at all pervy, no not even a little bit.
  • Had almost day off, so once I did my work I scooted off to catch the train, which I'd booked with a bike to my sisters.

By time got to bath the bike had a puncture, there is a bike shop at Bath station so no problem.

Once on way again via the two tunnels and then the lanes rising one hill the front wheel snapped a spoke, and then it pinch flatted on a mild downhill not at any speed.

2nd puncture repaired and on way again after a few miles the lane turned into a track and got rougher and rougher ended up walking. Fianally made it to my sisters, though clearly the bike wasn't keen! Really Pritty ride though and pump worked well!
  • Sky wireless connector turned up this morning. Now connected and I have a plethora of things to catch up on and watch.

I think I'm about to max out my 120Mb 'net connection.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rubertoe
    Spurs getting beat 6-0.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• msmancunia
    rubertoe wrote:
    Spurs getting beat 6-0.

That scoreline has made my day :mrgreen:
  • rubertoe
    msmancunia wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    Spurs getting beat 6-0.

That scoreline has made my day :mrgreen:

And mine, and i am not a City fan either...